Old 12-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Mage
New Member!

Point The Placebo God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6O...1Tb6E4pudI9STA

In this video I explain why many peoples belief in God is merely a placebo effect, and how this placebo not only doesn't help you, but has the potential to restrain your success in life.
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Mage wrote View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6O...1Tb6E4pudI9STA

In this video I explain why many peoples belief in God is merely a placebo effect, and how this placebo not only doesn't help you, but has the potential to restrain your success in life.
The "flip side of the coin" could be said about atheism.

Thus, the video is worthless quite frankly.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:40 AM   #3
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post

JJ

We don’t need sycophants and servile flatterers.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #4
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
In case you didn't get yours from Pope Francis yet, we are bestowing this gift upon you here and now. Enjoy....

The stole is of a golden material, and emblazoned with the papal coat of arms.The stole is of a golden material, and emblazoned with the papal coat of arms.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 12-28-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
You may find this useful....

Quote:
The Vatican Library reports that the Papal Infallibility Switch has been located after a long search in the Vatican Archives.
http://thepopesfool.com/tags/pope-francis/

Old 12-28-2014, 03:52 AM   #6
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
Unfortunately, your comment has been neutered by the pope....

Old 12-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #7
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
In case you didn't get yours from Pope Francis yet, we are bestowing this gift upon you here and now. Enjoy....

The stole is of a golden material, and emblazoned with the papal coat of arms.The stole is of a golden material, and emblazoned with the papal coat of arms.

I'm not Catholic but thanks for this gift. I'll sell it on Ebay to the highest bidder of course.

JJ
Old 12-28-2014, 04:00 AM   #8
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Unfortunately, your comment has been neutered by the pope....

A real man like JJ can help this cause completely. I'm all for helping out.
Just let me fuck all the cute Catholic girls with little white socks and saddle shoes and I'll whisper the truth in their ear as they beg for more.
Jesus is the reason for the season.

Can't wait. Just send them over.

JJ
Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #9
Mage
New Member!

Quote:

JJ
Not really, in order to have a placebo effect there needs to be a placebo put in place. Since Atheism says there is no God/Gods/Higher power etc there is no placebo in place to make them feel like someone/something has their back. Now if an Atheist decides to believe that everyone is looking out for them, then thats their own delusion which has nothing to do with their Atheism.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #10
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Mage wrote View Post
Not really, in order to have a placebo effect there needs to be a placebo put in place. Since Atheism says there is no God/Gods/Higher power etc there is no placebo in place to make them feel like someone/something has their back. Now if an Atheist decides to believe that everyone is looking out for them, then thats their own delusion which has nothing to do with their Atheism.
Atheists replace God with some other placebo that makes them feel someone/something has their back in my experience. Maybe a husband or wife, girl or guy, a pet, booze, sex, alcohol, drugs, money, power, etc something that makes them feel like life is worthwhile, or maybe even despair if they don't feel life is worth living (The ones that say "I never asked to be born" type of statement)

JJ
Old 12-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #11
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Atheists replace God with some other placebo that makes them feel someone/something has their back in my experience. Maybe a husband or wife, girl or guy, a pet, booze, sex, alcohol, drugs, money, power, etc something that makes them feel like life is worthwhile, or maybe even despair if they don't feel life is worth living (The ones that say "I never asked to be born" type of statement)

JJ
What do you live for, JJ? What is the purpose of your pathetic existence?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #12
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
What do you live for, JJ? What is the purpose of your pathetic existence?
Ghoul, go play with your dog feces. I am just "dying" to see one of your pieces of art made of such.....

JJ
Old 12-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
Quote:
Now historical analysis finds no clear evidence that Jesus existed. If not, Christianity was fabricated, just like Mormonism and other religions. Why do people choose to believe religious fictions?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-...b_5883198.html

When you tire of your hedonistic lifestyle, you might want to unwind with a good book. Some suggestions -

NONSENSE FROM THE BIBLE by Brian Baker

Holy Bible - Best God Damned Version - Genesis: For atheists, agnostics, and fans of religious stupidity by Steve Ebling

Why Our Children Will Be Atheists by Albert Williams

Old 12-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #14
Mage
New Member!

Quote:

JJ
Well I can tell you one thing that blanket statements are almost never accurate. While it is true that many humans devise some form of false idea to make them feel, many others try to seek self fulfillment.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Mage wrote View Post
Well I can tell you one thing that blanket statements are almost never accurate. While it is true that many humans devise some form of false idea to make them feel, many others try to seek self fulfillment.

I agree with this statement that people try to seek self fulfillment. My statement was to indicate that people are doing so in many different ways.
Some people find it in God. What is so wrong with that to you "raving" atheist types?

So I believe in God and you don't. Do you really want to have some major
kiniption shit fit over it? Anyone that posts here stating any sort of belief is dished out the the same ole same ole bullshit of stupid atheist remarks most involving colorful words such such as cunt, fuckwad, etc shit a 10 year old could spout off.

That's what attracts me to this site; all the "fun" colorful language. I love it.
The images that ghoul posts are simply pathetic and stupid. The "top ten" list shows the completely fucked up mindset of those that post on that thread. I have a few beers with Jerry and we read the site and laugh our asses off. This site is free entertainment.

JJ