Old 12-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #31
psychodiva
I Live Here

yup- I'd quite happily- in fact with relish!- kick them into touch - useless lot of wankers that they are

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #32
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
yup- I'd quite happily- in fact with relish!- kick them into touch - useless lot of wankers that they are
And, relevant to comments here, she is super religious. Head of the Church of England, thinks "only religion" (in one of her boring messages to the subjects) can solve the problems of the world, loves parading around in cathedrals.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #33
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
She can't flog off buck house as we will need it for the ministry of public safety. Balmoral on the other hand, & you did specifically mention estates, well, her dotage can leave it to a cats home according to its want.
Stop posting moopoo on an informative forum.
I was only posting my indifference. If they sold Blamoral for their own profit and ends, that would be the end of the Monarchy and you know it. They could well leave it to a cats home, but that is also not "etiquet".
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #34
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
I was only posting my indifference. If they sold Blamoral for their own profit and ends, that would be the end of the Monarchy and you know it. They could well leave it to a cats home, but that is also not "etiquet".
I don't follow. How would cashing in on a holiday home lose them their titles?

Balmoral & Sandringham are private property. When Edward 8 went off to join the nazis, his brother Albert had to buy them off him. You mean ignorance not indifference, look it up ffs.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #35
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post

Balmoral & Sandringham are private property. When Edward 8 went off to join the nazis, his brother Albert had to buy them off him. You mean ignorance not indifference, look it up ffs.
The history of the royals is a history of grotesque expenditure always paid off by the government. They have been serial shaggers, gluttons, gamblers and idlers. Edward 8, a weak and incompetent fool, was pro Nazi and the strain is still there. Reading about the way these kings and queens have stolen vast sums of money through the ages, usually when the subjects were poor, is sickening. The idea, of course, that the royal line has been preserved is ludicrous. The women were being shagged as well and who knows who fathered the progeny. Di and Harry is only the latest example to raise questions assuming you think it is in any way important who fathered whom.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post

My point is simple, they cannot trade their properties as we can. If I sell my house to emigrate and retire, I cannot see the British public causing much fuss, or trying to stop it. If the Royals flog Balmoral to "retire" I can't see their positions remaining tenable, or the British public allowing it to happen with things as they are. The royals would not hold much sympathy if they carried themselves as if they were Henry the viii. I would take their money maybe, but not the protocols they have to follow to have it.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #37
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #38
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
My point is simple, they cannot trade their properties as we can. If I sell my house to emigrate and retire, I cannot see the British public causing much fuss, or trying to stop it. If the Royals flog Balmoral to "retire" I can't see their positions remaining tenable, or the British public allowing it to happen with things as they are.
Simple? You do yourself a disservice, your point is positively retarded.

Explain why qe2 couldn't abdicate in favour of her son, & live abroad on the proceeds of the sale of Sandringham estate? How is it different to someone from a tied flat above the key cutters shop they live in in Luton, selling the fleabitten caravan they own in Southend, & moving to Benidorm for the sake of their rheumatics?

Old 12-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #39
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post

Explain why qe2 couldn't abdicate in favour of her son, & live abroad on the proceeds of the sale of Sandringham estate? How is it different to someone from a tied flat above the key cutters shop they live in in Luton, selling the fleabitten caravan they own in Southend, & moving to Benidorm for the sake of their rheumatics?
Charles, her dopey heir, certainly thinks he could live abroad. He said that if he was stopped hunting foxes with dogs he would live abroad. He obviously thought that he was so valued that there would be an outcry. There wasn't and there were some comments that the sooner he left these shores the better. These are not harmless people. The PM has to trot over, like the obedient serf he is, to brief the Queen once a week. He then cannot reveal what occurs in the discussion. The fact that he must report to this unelected woman, of no known achievement, once a week is bad enough. But should not these meetings be minuted so that the people she arrogantly claims to serve at least know what they are discussing and what influence she has. Are these meetings with servile politicians unconnected with the vast privilges still bestowed, at tax payers expence, on this family of scroungers.

What happens when Charles Windsor becomes king? He has crazy enthusiasms including wanting homeopathy funded by the NHS. He wants fox hunting legal. He is an interfering busybody. He is said to burden Ministers with his endless letters urging his personal agenda. Of course, these must be answered at length and the contents kept secret from the rest of us. These people are unelected and an offense to democratic government. They are a drag on the country emphasising the "Rich man in his castle/ Poor man at his gate/ God made them high and lowly/ And ordered their estate." belief. They have no place in any country that even aims at being democratic.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #40
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post

It comes down to how yo read that move politically. I cannot see the royal family selling up a major property, pissing off with the proceeds, and not being stopped. The threat of the public backlash to such a move would be gigantic. If I lived in a flat in Luton No one would care a rats bum if I sold it and retired. Technically the queen is head of the state. I wonder if Cameron consulted her before his Veto the other day? Maybe after the Queen expressed concern over Iraq Blair stopped his plans of an invasion? In my opinion, the royals are stuck within the very protocols you consider give them power, only they have none. Who the fuck listens to Prince Charles? All the royals are, are a historical celebrity family, used to send around the world reminding other countries of what the UK used to be about. I see them as harmless, powerless and quite often manipulated, paid very very well, yet trapped by that wealth in a way most rich people don't have to contend with. But hey... fucking key cutting machine.....
Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #41
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ilj wrote View Post
I cannot see the royal family selling up a major property, pissing off with the proceeds, and not being stopped.
Who will stop them, & how exactly.
The line of succession goes on for ever, if you still feel worthless enough to need betters by birth, just pick the next on the list. You can have King Xan if those above turn catholic.

The fact ,which you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge, is the estates were purchased privately, are privately owned, & can be disposed of privately. They are nothing to do with the institution of monarchy, & being a monarch is in no way dependent on their ownership.

Which bit of this are you struggling with?

Whether ilj can see it happening or not is as important as this discussion..

Old 12-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #42
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
What happens when Charles Windsor becomes king? He has crazy enthusiasms including wanting homeopathy funded by the NHS. He wants fox hunting legal. He is an interfering busybody. He is said to burden Ministers with his endless letters urging his personal agenda. Of course, these must be answered at length and the contents kept secret from the rest of us. These people are unelected and an offense to democratic government. They are a drag on the country emphasising the "Rich man in his castle/ Poor man at his gate/ God made them high and lowly/ And ordered their estate." belief. They have no place in any country that even aims at being democratic.
I think yhe longer they go on the more they thing they were born special. Have you seen this Tudoresque barge procession they're holding next year on the Thames? Gods chosen few, to be worshipped as proxies. There will be lightning storms if Thor is willing.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #43
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Who will stop them, & how exactly.
The line of succession goes on for ever, if you still feel worthless enough to need betters by birth, just pick the next on the list. You can have King Xan if those above turn catholic.

The fact ,which you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge, is the estates were purchased privately, are privately owned, & can be disposed of privately. They are nothing to do with the institution of monarchy, & being a monarch is in no way dependent on their ownership.

Which bit of this are you struggling with?

Whether ilj can see it happening or not is as important as this discussion..
It would end the monarchy as you would have MASSIVE public outcry. So for the monarchy to continue, especially in todays times, they aint selling the crown jewels. The government runs the country not the royals. The government may welcome a distraction away from recessions and French hating, by a royal own goal of selling Windsor castle and buggering off on a bender, but I don't think that it is something the royals would like. Though I am sure they would love to sell off some of the family silver. Aren't they told to sell bits off to survive anyway, by the government ? They are constrained by the very protocols that allow them their wealth.
Oh and I thought I made my indifference clear. I just don't see them as as big a problem as you do.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #44
dogpet
Obsessed Member

I give up. Like playing ping-pong with a quadriplegic.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #45
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Charles, her dopey heir, certainly thinks he could live abroad. He said that if he was stopped hunting foxes with dogs he would live abroad. He obviously thought that he was so valued that there would be an outcry. There wasn't and there were some comments that the sooner he left these shores the better. These are not harmless people. The PM has to trot over, like the obedient serf he is, to brief the Queen once a week. He then cannot reveal what occurs in the discussion. The fact that he must report to this unelected woman, of no known achievement, once a week is bad enough. But should not these meetings be minuted so that the people she arrogantly claims to serve at least know what they are discussing and what influence she has. Are these meetings with servile politicians unconnected with the vast privilges still bestowed, at tax payers expence, on this family of scroungers.

Wow, I had no idea...it is very undemocratic...not to mention wasteful of resources, as you pointed out.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote