Old 01-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #76
Tim the Enchanter

Schrack: thanks for extending the courtesy of a response. I wish there was more substance to your response, but perhaps that was your point and you’d rather not continue this discussion. I understand if there are things you would rather do. But please, you know the line that you don’t “live on the net” is a complete cop out. First, it’s clear that you post to this forum much more than I do. Secondly, and more importantly, you started this debate with post #32, in which you suggested that scientists working on evolutionary problems are frauds, dishonestly collecting their pay from credulous audiences. That’s an absurd statement, and you’d expect people here to call you on it. I’m one of the people calling you on it, and surely you don’t expect me to be satisfied to get a response from you that basically says “I have enough time to start arguments in an atheist forum, but I don’t have the time to finish them.”

At the very least, I’d ask you to clarify post #32. You suggest that scientists who believe that evolution takes place and believe that evolution provides an intellectual framework for analysis of the rise of homo sapiens are frauds. I did make the assumption that if you believe such people are frauds, you were more likely to believe that people suggesting otherwise were not frauds. You seem to disagree with that assumption in your latest post, but once again, you did not state what your actual position is. What is your position? One possibility is that you think actual scientists and ID advocates are on equal footing. If that is the case, I hope to be able to show in further discussion that nothing could be further from the truth.

I hope to have this discussion with you.