Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #61
defanatic

Indeed. God knew they would eat the fruit. Simply put, God could have not put the tree there. Hence, it was God's fault (because he had the power to stop a catastrophe from happening, and knew it would, but failed to) that we were kicked out of the garden. Not ours.

Assuming, of course, that it did actually happen. It's easier to say it didn't happen.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #62
peepnklown

Quote:
carico wrote
Sorry, but actions have consequences which most people have learned by the time they are 20, except of course, atheists.
The Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) clearly invalidates the mistakes of Adam (or Eve) transferring to decedents. I always find it funny when Christians cannot even read their own so-called book.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #63
Choobus
I Live Here

most christians can't read. That's why there are so many assholes on TV reading the bible to them. It's sad really, although that doesn't lessen their assclownishness.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #64
defanatic

Quote:
Carico wrote
The tree from which Adam and Eve ate was the tree that contained the knowledge of good and evil. They were told not to eat of it but they of course, thought they knew better than God, so they ate it and found out they were wrong. We now have the knowledge of evil inside of us which makes us to the things you listed in your post. Sorry, but actions have consequences which most people have learned by the time they are 20, except of course, atheists. ;)
You idiot. Actions have consequences. Of course they do. Otherwise, there would be no purpose in doing the actions. Indeed, I think it is the theists that are void of morality. ;) (<= That really pisses me off)

Since both theists and atheists have equally moral behaviour, atheists are doing it because it's right. Theists only do it to avoid going into a lake of fire and brimstone with much gnashing of teeth (gnash gnash gnash). Ergo, theists, without their fears inhibiting them, will be out there murdering, raping, and looting as much phat lewt as humanly possible. Therefore, theists are immoral.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #65
The Kenosha Kid

Quote:
Carico wrote
They were told not to eat of it but they of course, thought they knew better than God, so they ate it and found out they were wrong.
Now, to be fair, it was the serpent that convinced them that it would be cool to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. And what happened then? God kicked them out of the garden because they had the knowedge of good and evil, and had become like God. So God kicked them out, because they couldn't also have the fruit of the tree of eternal life.

It seems like there is an equation here: God is cool with us having eternal life, or having knowledge of good and evil, but not both.

So what does Jesus offer us (the ones who, as humans, already know good and evil)?

Eternal life.

Seems like Jesus is the serpent reincarnated.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #66
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
defanatic wrote
Quote:
Carico wrote
The tree from which Adam and Eve ate was the tree that contained the knowledge of good and evil. They were told not to eat of it but they of course, thought they knew better than God, so they ate it and found out they were wrong. We now have the knowledge of evil inside of us which makes us to the things you listed in your post. Sorry, but actions have consequences which most people have learned by the time they are 20, except of course, atheists. ;)
You idiot. Actions have consequences. Of course they do. Otherwise, there would be no purpose in doing the actions. Indeed, I think it is the theists that are void of morality. ;) (<= That really pisses me off)

Since both theists and atheists have equally moral behaviour, atheists are doing it because it's right. Theists only do it to avoid going into a lake of fire and brimstone with much gnashing of teeth (gnash gnash gnash). Ergo, theists, without their fears inhibiting them, will be out there murdering, raping, and looting as much phat lewt as humanly possible. Therefore, theists are immoral.
Plus, gnashing of teeth leads to severe dental problems which, in turn, causes more anguish.
Theists, better get that looked at right away.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote