Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #16
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
thomas wrote
Did enlightenment cause this, or is it just the death rattle of the old ways ?
Surely it is simply the will of god.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #17
thomas

But which one ?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #18
Livingstrong

Quote:
Richard A. Fucktard wrote
John Locke, who was almost everyone’s favorite political philosopher at the time of the founding of our nation, was a very tolerant man. In his 1689 “Letter Concerning Toleration,” he advocated a policy of live and let live for believers in many faiths, even heretics. But he drew the line at atheists. He wrote: “Lastly, those are not at all to be tolerated who deny the being of God. Promises, covenants and oaths, which are the bonds of human societies, can have no hold upon an atheist. The taking away of God, though but even in thought, dissolves all.”
Who needs the retarded tolerance that assholes like J. Locke and Professor Ricardito could give or not? Fuck it! I don't want it and I don't need it. To start with, I don't tolerate idiots like these two. Gladly, J. Locke has been dead for long time.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #19
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Who needs the retarded tolerance that assholes like J. Locke and Professor Ricardito could give or not? Fuck it! I don't want it and I don't need it. To start with, I don't tolerate idiots like these two. Gladly, J. Locke has been dead for long time.
Hey now, Locke did some very important work in philosophy of law and personal identity. You can't say he was all bad.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #20
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
thomas wrote
But which one ?
I don't know. I love them all.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #21
Rocketman the Sequel

Quote:
scathach wrote
Quote:
Rocketman the Sequel wrote
I just posted a link to this as well...what do you want dear scathach--its an arguemtn from intellectual fatigue--.
Or perhaps it is the more frequently occurring "argument from lack of intellect".

(IR)Regardless, I get the impression the guy was just out to make a few snarky remarks about some of the most brilliant people on the planet, call atheists scaredy cats, thumb his nose in effigy via a few ridiculous quotes, and then accuse atheists of not wanting to meet the dumbasses half way.

Like we would be interested in dumbing ourselves halfway to stoopid! Isn't this the argument of the golden mean or something?

And why the hell is the TIMES printing such assdribble???
you know---you should enter the fray S. You have the academic credentials and a working brain. You write clearly and in a fairly engaging fashion. Seriously.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #22
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Rocketman the Sequel wrote
you know---you should enter the fray S. You have the academic credentials and a working brain. You write clearly and in a fairly engaging fashion. Seriously.
:blush:

:kiss:

Thanks, Rocketman! I actually am a reporter for the American Atheist Magazine. I've had 2 articles published there so far, and another one coming up in the January issue. It's teeny potatoes compared to the NYTimes, of course, but I have fond hopes of one day changing careers from trying to teach window-licking, mouth breathing jeetards how to think to something in journalism. Then I will be free to travel the world, going from one TRAF meet up to another!
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #23
Eva
Super Moderator

do they have journalism classes at your college? take one....
and i insist, everybody should take a pre-law class...something that helps you understand why the law is like it is, the courts, burden of proof, ethics, stuff like that....for the lay person, of course....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #24
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Eva wrote
do they have journalism classes at your college? take one....
and i insist, everybody should take a pre-law class...something that helps you understand why the law is like it is, the courts, burden of proof, ethics, stuff like that....for the lay person, of course....
Normally, I consider taking courses to be a good thing, but I seriously doubt that my little college has anything that I would find even remotely helpful. If the "journalists" who write the college newspaper are any indication, I'd be larnin' how t' make capitil letters at th' beginnins of words like "gawd" and such.

Pfeh.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #25
Eva
Super Moderator

i did not know you had such a low opinion about edumacation....
come on, you would be the smartest in class....smarter than the prof. even.......

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 11-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #26
Gnosital
still unsmited

Right, so why take the class?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #27
Eva
Super Moderator

because you might actually learn something useful to your future career?

H. L. Mencken
Old 11-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #28
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

But none of the profs there have the sexy Choobus accent.

Or Grey Poupon.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #29
Eva
Super Moderator

but there's one that has a noo joisy accent.......

H. L. Mencken
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #30
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

And lectures in her bare feet. Those toe rings are so cute!!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote