Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
Baphomet

Judge Floro:

I can't quite follow what you've been trying to say. From what it sounds like though, you seem to be claiming that your magical angels have a wide variety of psychic abilities, including the power to affect physical matter.

Is there anyway you could somehow prove this to me, or the existense of your magical dwarves, without me getting harmed?

Also, I could do something like draw a picture or symbol, leave it on my desk, and if you could get your dwarf friends to tell me what it was, It would certainly start to give your stories more credibility. But unless you can demonstrate some kind of psychic power, I'm going to assume... well I won't assume anything for now.

If you're up for the psychic challenge just tell me. I'll leave a complex, random, and original symbol somewhere, and you must get the information about this symbol via extrasensory or supernatural means. The reason the symbol will be original (i.e. it will not be a peace sign, or a cross, or something anyone is familiar with) is because you would have a high chance of guessing.

Are you up for the challenge?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

ne'ermind: I'll wait for Judge to respond before bellying up to this particular bar

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
BUT THE THREAD WAS DELETED,
since RANDI was and is afraid that i will get the $ 1 million, WHY?
Liar. http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=72134

Did you actually fill out an application?

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
ne'ermind: I'll wait for Judge to respond before bellying up to this particular bar
Um...did he take your challenge, Baph? I'm really confused.

As I originally said (before editting), I'll take your challenge, just for shits-and-giggles.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
Baphomet

Judge Floro,

Please accept my challenge. How hard would it be to gain information via your angels? Supposedly, they're incredibly powerful, and psychic powers are supposed to be beyond time and space, right?

I'm not mocking you, I'm giving you a chance to prove your abilities. You should be grateful and accept this oppurtunity. If you truly accept my challenge, and are truly successful, then I will tell everyone and have no doubts. I should warn you, however, I am going to use a procedure or program that will allow me to generate a random and complex symbol. Or I could take several items, rare and selected at random, and put them in a lockbox. If you could tell me how many items there were, and what they were, I'd give you credit.

Judge Floro, I'm doubtful that Randi is denying you a chance to prove yourself, but if he is, then here is your oppurtunity. It shouldn't matter that I'm not offering you money, because you work for the good of humanity, right? And I'm telling you, right now, that if you accept this challenge, I will be as fair as possible. I'll even Private Message others, telling them what I put in the box, so you'll know that way I won't lie if you actually do prove your powers.

Isn't this something that your angels would want you to do, prove your powers? After all, it would completely shake my worldview, and the worldview of countless other members on this forum. People wouldn't see you as a nut anymore if you actually submited to scientific tests and were successful.

So come on, Judge Floro. Are you up for the challenge? Yes or no?!?!

Also... your healing powers. It's called the placebo effect, and I've actually used it on others before to prove that things like psychic healing are "all in your head." So either show us some ESP or PSI or I won't be able to take you seriously at all anymore.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
it died just there without any positive answers

WHY RANDI had been here in manila and he knows that there are really authentic psychics here
---------------
I was never given a chance
i even emailed randi
and he got angry and cursed me in the emails
since he was angry at my religious beliefs
No, he didn't. Do you still have his responses? Copy/paste them.
--------------

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
so, if you can contact him and arrange
so that i can be tested
that is great
just email me

judgefloro@yahoo.com
or my secs. cellphone is
0927-3440957, belen
just text and i will receive it in about 10 hours
i do not bring cellphone
my telephone here
is digitel philippines
(044) 662-8203
via overseas operator
i am at that home phone midnights here to 8am

:wall:
What makes you think we're affiliated with Randi?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
only my hands work not my mouth
Funny, that's what my wife says.

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
on healing view my t.v. docs even if in tagalog
:|

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
http://angelofdeathluisarmandandangel.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=judge+floro

Quote:
judgefloro wrote
example, vangie had myoma mass
and when i healed her
it was clear

i am not a faith healer
i do not use psychic phenomena or concentration in healing
my hands emit extreme heat like IRON
or machines to the medically affected area
simply put
just test it
no need to use the mind
see it
to see is to believe
Here's a challenge for you. We will join together and raise the money to fly you to the United States for our next meetup. You will prove that your hands can get as hot as an iron by showiing us. If you provide us with this proof, we will believe you. If you fail, you will reimburse us double our expenses. Deal?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
Whippet

I think there is somebody who will not only pay for a ticket, but will offer luxurious accomodation for free too.

His name?

Professor Xavier.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Eva
Super Moderator

who is that?

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
Eva
Super Moderator

judge, there is a procedure for filing the 1 million dollar challenge. JREF is a serious operation. if you file properly, they respond.

having someone open a thread is not the way to do it.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #11
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

I'm still up for the challenge, Baph. Seriously.

I think it'd be interesting to try it with one caveat. You put, say, seven objects in a lock box; but one of those objects is a quarter wrapped in aluminum foil with a gold-star sticker on it. I mention such an odd object because it would give me a focal point on which to concentrate. If I can name the other six (or however many) objects in the lock box with that odd quarter, then I will, in fact, kick superfluous amounts of ass. Oh, and I win the quarter with the gold-star.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

Apply there.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:18 PM   #13
Whippet

Quote:
Eva wrote
who is that?
Eva - ever heard of the film X-men? (And X2 and X3). "Professor Xavier" runs a school for mutant children and students who are all gifted in super-powers.

:lol::lol::lol:
Old 01-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #14
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote
judge, there is a procedure for filing the 1 million dollar challenge. JREF is a serious operation. if you file properly, they respond.

having someone open a thread is not the way to do it.
I suspect being a fucking mooncalf is also not a sure way to collect that moolah

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #15
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Judge Floro,

You, sir, are nuttier than squirrel shit.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote