Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #91
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
How come we need to always state "hypothetically speaking" every time we discuss god so the theists won't debate semantics?

Its pretty cumbersome, wouldn't you agree if we always state that god, (assuming that he existed) would be so and so?

So knock off this illogical baloney, OK?
It does get tiresome. Hell, I've even caught myself starting to place "alleged" God or "alleged" eternity and such in some of my posts just to avoid that crap.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #92
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
antix wrote View Post
It does get tiresome. Hell, I've even caught myself starting to place "alleged" God or "alleged" eternity and such in some of my posts just to avoid that crap.
*Sigh*
And even that doesn't help. I liberally lace my posts with "alleged" and "allegedly" before the words supernatural creator, heaven and hell, and it still doesn't penetrate.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #93
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Pablobee wrote View Post
Pablobee wrote
<<I see that you will be one of the "in your face" type posters. You tell me Jesus hates all other religions and then you tell me he doesn't exist...you fit the atheistic mold perfectly.>>

I see no assumptions in that statement.

I was referring to illogical statements made by atheists. How can a person that doesn't exist, hate?
"was referring to illogical statements made by atheists. How can a person that doesn't exist, hate?"

Illogical statements? Aren't you a believer this, below, is true?:

From matthew 27: 52-54
"And the graves were opened' and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the son of god"

Do not forget that is you who is the Christ-psychotic here, unable to tell between Christian fantasies and down to earth tangible empirical realities, not us.

We know 2+2=4, not 6 and that this is the 21st Century where neurology PROVES the brain is the creator of the mind ergo god & other delusions,..not the 12th when deluded Christians fairy tales were in control of the retarded uneducated superstitious masses stagnating the intellect of humanity.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #94
Barney

Location: This Jewel sat in a silver sea; England, my England
Quote:
Pablobee wrote View Post
YAH
You mean Yahweh, Jehova? The pagan construct? Ok. And Jesus, does he fit in anywhere with sabbatatarianism?

By the way, why is the Sabbath so special? (Yeah i know you know i know you know the answer...so might as well cut to the chase about the world being 6000 years old and mankind being made on day 6, then I throw five hundred billion tons of pure measurable facts and you respond with the scripture saying that its true, because God said it and he dosnt lie) Actually, lets not bother with that whole conversation because I feel like having it on a macro.

"If you can wait 2000 years for Mr Christ, I can wait 19 years for John Frum" High Preist :- Church of John Frum 1952
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #95
psychodiva
I Live Here

yaay Barney - that sums up most of the theists' threads on here lol - can we just have an arrow pointing them all to that everytime they come up with the usual idiocy?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #96
Broga
Obsessed Member

Yes, good advice. Dawkins has long had the view that the automatic respect accorded to religious opinion should be challeged and vigorously. Hit them hard and hit them often. They want us silenced and, if possible, in hell. All we want is parity of treatment.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #97
Whisper

Quote:
Barney wrote View Post
By the way, why is the Sabbath so special? (Yeah i know you know i know you know the answer...so might as well cut to the chase about the world being 6000 years old and mankind being made on day 6, then I throw five hundred billion tons of pure measurable facts and you respond with the scripture saying that its true, because God said it and he dosnt lie) Actually, lets not bother with that whole conversation because I feel like having it on a macro.
Seconded. It's the same old same old every time, and we all know we've heard it ad infintum - so let's just stop it there c.c

my bold

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote