Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #6751
MaleficVTwin

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
I wish I could shut off my conscience. I could make a fortune off of these dipshits.

The Cow Says:

You are a vile piece of work. And you can't write worth a damn.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #6752
psychodiva
I Live Here

here's one for cal

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #6753
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Quote:
"It does not appear to this court that the defendant is practicing a religion so much as his own beliefs," she said.

WTF?? Personal beliefs are not a religion? What the hell is?

My religion demands the annual (Summer) ignition of loud and brightly colored fireworks. I am convinced that my soul cannot enter Paradise without it. Fireworks are a sacrament that must be immune to legislation.

Beside the fireworks, my religion is based on larceny. Proper observance requires the believer to bilk members and non-members alike (a sign of our tolerance) of as much loot as possible. This feature is, of course, an emulation of the Catholic Church.

Driving while sober is a sacrilege, as is sober hunting, boating and stock trading.

Separation of church and state, if it means anything, would prohibit the state from defining what is and is not a religion. That is the flaw in the separation idea. If the religious right really wanted to invade legislatures, they could simply get evangelicalism declared a non-religion (possibly reclassified as an "essential component of our national heritage") and so, entitled to interfere with public policy in all the ways that religion is not currently permitted to do.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #6754
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Religion is a protected class of idiocy... but it requires numbers. Personal beliefs have to be shared for it to be a religion.

But that's not enough. You actually have to sincerely believe it. Which is why "Jedi" isn't considered quite a proper religion.

Of course, if we're going by sincere belief, that would knock out the Anglican church, to say nothing of the Unitarian Universalists.

Oh, and the next time I have to rush-schedule a vaccination in order to attend a college class, I'm saying I'm a Jehovah's Witness. Those fuckers can get away with anything. And after registration, if the class has a Saturday morning component, I'm converting to Judaism.

There are so many different religions to nominally become members of, I'm surprised more people don't treat them as the do-what-you-want piggy bank they are.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #6755
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Finally!

High time we added a little color to these otherwise monochromatic proceedings.*

*virtual brownie for the spotter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #6756
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Yellow? WTF?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #6757
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Thanks for posting it. The problem with Christophrenia infected American legislators is that they have no idea that religion beliefs were created by the ingestion of entheogens, which were used as sacraments. The fact is that John Allegro the translators of the Dead Sea Scrolls clearly proves this is true in his book:
The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.

I suggest reading the works of this amazing mentally healthy, aka atheist, British scholar.
The RCC hated him & one Christophrenic man, Wasson, tried in vain to discredit his findings. It was like saying 2+2=5.

About Allegro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marco_Allegro

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #6758
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
inkadu wrote View Post
Religion is a protected class of idiocy... but it requires numbers. Personal beliefs have to be shared for it to be a religion.

But that's not enough. You actually have to sincerely believe it. Which is why "Jedi" isn't considered quite a proper religion.

Of course, if we're going by sincere belief, that would knock out the Anglican church, to say nothing of the Unitarian Universalists.

Oh, and the next time I have to rush-schedule a vaccination in order to attend a college class, I'm saying I'm a Jehovah's Witness. Those fuckers can get away with anything. And after registration, if the class has a Saturday morning component, I'm converting to Judaism.

There are so many different religions to nominally become members of, I'm surprised more people don't treat them as the do-what-you-want piggy bank they are.
Religious Beliefs are nothing more than the beliefs written long ago by several groups of schizophrenics that had taken one magic mushroom too many.
Today the same delusions are accepted as faith, while similar beliefs, without religious names, are diagnosed as delusions inducing disorders defined as schizophrenia.

I like to know the difference between the beliefs produced by Religious Faith & those produced by Schizophrenia Faith

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #6759
Eva
Super Moderator

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Finally!

High time we added a little color to these otherwise monochromatic proceedings.*

*virtual brownie for the spotter

the duggars can't fight this war alone.........

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 03-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #6760
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
I like to know the difference between the beliefs produced by Religious Faith & those produced by Schizophrenia Faith
One was an after-school program.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
Old 03-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #6761
Eva
Super Moderator

so, i'm battling this nasty stomach flu....and i gave it to the kid.
he had his first puke about 10 minutes ago.

so he came to the kitche about 3 minutes ago: daddy, can i have some Pepto Dismal?

dismal indeed.......

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 03-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #6762
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Does he have a weak stomach? - - - or is he throwing his guts as far as you?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #6763
Eva
Super Moderator

not weak at all

oh cripes, he puked just as i was writing this post.

it's going to be a loooooong night....

H. L. Mencken
Old 03-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #6764
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
not weak at all

oh cripes, he puked just as i was writing this post.

it's going to be a loooooong night....
Apparently he learned rhetoric from someone very much like Bovina Evilly.

(Sympathies to you both.)

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 03-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #6765
Eva
Super Moderator

he's only five, but he can talk shit like the best of them already.

he is my cilantro salesman....

poor guy. has puked 4 times already. may have to take him to the er...

H. L. Mencken
Closed Thread