Old 11-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #61
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I'm one with the Honey Badger.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #62
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I keep that shit under wraps until I get the feeling someone would be open to it.
To us Yurpeans, that's a very weird perspective. Mostly it's the theists who keep their shit well wrapped, as many expect and indeed get blasted if they get it out in public. The case of our less than beloved Tony Bliar brought to the fore the fear of being ridiculed if he played the faith card in his political doings.
Quote:
.... he never spoke about God during his ten years at No10 in case voters thought he'd gone off his rocker. He says in next week's BBC episode of The Blair Years: "You talk about it and frankly people think you're a nutter".

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #63
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

nutter or complete wank rag.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #64
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I keep that shit under wraps until I get the feeling someone would be open to it.
For atheists here in Merkinland, there's plenty of opportunity to unwrap your shit because there are more than enough theists upwrapping theirs without provocation.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #65
Egor

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
You know, I used to get annoyed with the people on this forum who would cuss out and insult the theists who showed up because I thought they were hurting our "cause." But after lurking for a while, I completely understand the reactions theists get.
That's because what was a lingering sense of morality has died in you due to your atheist beliefs.

Quote:
Mostly I'm amazed that some people here are actually still trying to engage theists in reasonable conversation.
Who?

Quote:
This is an atheist community where people vent, a lot. If you come in here spouting the same inane shit that we've heard thousands of times before, this is the reaction you get.
There you go, atheist, justify the bad behavior.

Quote:
The funny thing is if Egon met many of us in real life, he would probably find that we're lovely people.
You underestimate how pasionately I hate atheism. You don't think I've met atheists before? I have. They were just like the folks in here.

Quote:
Of course, he would be unlikely to ever find out about our atheism, because I don't know about the rest of you, but I keep that shit under wraps until I get the feeling someone would be open to it.
That's a good idea.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #66
Egor

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
thank you- nice to know I'm a monster- despite having worked in mental health services for fuck all money for decades- despite helping various people around the world and being a generally nice person- seems like if i don't believe in your god then I'm a monster- alrighty then.

So, you want me to be impressed with your good works? Why? If atheism is true, who gives a shit about your good works. You're not doing any good works; you're just doing what genetics and circumstance have stimulated you to do.

It's because of my God that you turn to me now for recognition of your good works, because where else can you turn? To your fellow fleshy dirt clods with illusory accidental consciousness? No. So here it is:

If you've been generally nice. If you've cared for the mentally ill. If you are capable of empathy for your fellow man, then you are blessed, and my God will care for you to--whether you believe in Him or not.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #67
West491
Obsessed Member

Egor, you know, a lot of your Christian peers would disagree with you. I have a lot of Christian associates who don't think that atheists are immoral but that we have simply 'wondered off the beaten path'.

How do you feel about that?
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #68
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
That's because what was a lingering sense of morality has died in you due to your atheist beliefs.
Whatever wacky belief system to which you claim adherence doesn't seem to have done much for your sense morality. You've amply demonstrated here that you are quite a nasty piece of work, actually.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Who?
That would be everyone participating on this forum who has tried to engage you in a civil manner before you started flaunting your own bad manners.

Quote:
Egor wrote
There you go, atheist, justify the bad behavior.
I wouldn't cast aspersions on anyone's behavior here if I were you. Yours is appalling and it seems that your only justification for acting like such a petulant prick is your wholly unfounded belief that you commune with the alleged creator of the universe. That might make you special in your own mind, but to others you're just a crank.

Quote:
Egor wrote
You underestimate how pasionately I hate atheism. You don't think I've met atheists before? I have. They were just like the folks in here.
So no atheist who was unfortunate enough to have made your acquaintance showed a willingness to kiss your ass merely because you demanded it? Well, good for all of them. Nobody is required to suffer a hateful fool, like yourself.

Quote:
Egor wrote
That's a good idea.
A much better idea would be for you to take your hostility and incoherence someplace else. Maybe there's a church somewhere out there where the congregants might want to listen to an idiot preach and idolize himself.

Unfortunately for you, this raving atheist forum is not that venue.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 11-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #69
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
So, you want me to be impressed with your good works? Why? If atheism is true, who gives a shit about your good works. You're not doing any good works; you're just doing what genetics and circumstance have stimulated you to do.

It's because of my God that you turn to me now for recognition of your good works, because where else can you turn? To your fellow fleshy dirt clods with illusory accidental consciousness? No. So here it is:

If you've been generally nice. If you've cared for the mentally ill. If you are capable of empathy for your fellow man, then you are blessed, and my God will care for you to--whether you believe in Him or not.

In other words, it's all about you and your god, which is just a disturbing projection of-- who else?-- YOU.

Nobody here is in need of your alleged blessings, fake Jesus. We all know that you're just another narcissist posting on the Internet who needs to get over himself. If you haven't figured it out already, we're long over your self-serving nonsense.

Why wait weeks or months to be banned from this joint when you have it in your power now to escape the obvious lack of reverence we have for you and your puny intellect?

You know, the World Wide Web is a vast place and by fucking around with us you're missing out on the opportunity amass your own personal cult following around you and your beliefs. That seems to be what you want, anyway. Since you're not going to live forever, why not keep hunting for a forum on the Internet where the posters will revere you like the god you think you are instead of boring us silly with how much you hate us? I mean, it's not like this is news to us. We expect the Christians who post here to be hateful.

Now that you've made yourself abundantly plain on that front, there really isn't that much more for you to share with us, except your unpleasant demeanor and proud ignorance of which we've already had our fill. Thank you.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 11-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #70
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

EGOr, Despite your obvious desire, I don't think anyone has been banned from here for delusions of grandeur. It just provides us with way too much entertainment. What I predict will happen is that down the track, you will be given your own special playpen where we can visit you occasionally and poke a stick at you.

And why would we ban you anyway? Numptys like you are the best endorsement for the cause of atheism on the interwebs. Make sure you leave a link to your blog won't you.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #71
Egor

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
Egor, you know, a lot of your Christian peers would disagree with you. I have a lot of Christian associates who don't think that atheists are immoral but that we have simply 'wondered off the beaten path'.

How do you feel about that?
They don't know you the way I know you. Agnosticism is one thing. Almost everyone from 20-40 years old is an agnostic at one time. Atheism is a choice; it's a chosen lifestyle. It has nothing to do with evidence of God, it has nothing to do with reason or science. It is a stance, and it takes a certain kind of person to make that stance.

An agnostic doesn't know but remains open to discussion. An atheist doesn't want to know, doesn't give a shit, and will do anything to bring down the Church, spirituality, and the last shred of existential hope.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #72
Egor

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Whatever wacky belief system to which you claim adherence doesn't seem to have done much for your sense morality. You've amply demonstrated here that you are quite a nasty piece of work, actually.
Bite me.

Quote:
A much better idea would be for you to take your hostility and incoherence someplace else.
Feeling threatened, are we?

Quote:
If you haven't figured it out already, we're long over your self-serving nonsense.
We'll see about that.

Quote:
Why wait weeks or months to be banned from this joint when you have it in your power now to escape the obvious lack of reverence we have for you and your puny intellect?
I've been doing this since 1994 (anyone remember newsgroups and alt.atheism, alt.christianity?). I know you think you know who I am, what I am, and what I'm doing, but you don't.

Quote:
I mean, it's not like this is news to us. We expect the Christians who post here to be hateful.
I'm not a Christian...I don't think.

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
EGOr, Despite your obvious desire, I don't think anyone has been banned from here for delusions of grandeur. It just provides us with way too much entertainment.
Always happy to entertain you.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #73
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I'm not a Christian...I don't think.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #74
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Make sure you leave a link to your blog won't you.
If it's anything like his last effort, we'll have hours minutes of hilarity!
Visitor numbers went negative, comments peaked at zero, even other christ-stain groups double face-palmed but he did show a microdot of sense and take the ridiculous shite down.
I bet he won't allow turd pictures.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #75
Broga
Obsessed Member

I think we should note that Egor has given up on his "scientific proofs." What he has turned to, and he has nothing else, is throwing insults at atheists whom he hates. He tacitly, by his silence on the subject, admits that he is bewildered by what he thought was monism. His plan, and it is so typical of christian ignoramuses, was to mention an obscure word and assume we would be gullible enough to be conned into accepting he knew what he himself meant. Egor is a pompous fool who struts and postures demonstrating an intellectual vanity backed by bogus knowledge. He knows nothing and spits in frustrated fury because we expose him for what he is: a clown.

Last edited by Broga; 11-21-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: missed words
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote