Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
ghoulslime
I Live Here

And once again, Lily gets totally owned while trying to defend the indefensible!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #17
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Hmmm. Yet none of you answered his questions. Can't you even answer one in a reasonably succinct way that your questioner can understand?

I guess you are stuck, Whisper. All you can reply is "science didit".
Actually this is an illustration of the daily stupidity that is apparent out there on teh interwebs- no answers are given here because it is - well- an illustration Answers have been given over and over and over and over and over and.. well you get the picture? (i'm not sure you ever do but i am giving you the benefit of the doubt due to your obvious limitations) The fact that someone slaps their forhead in exasperation at these mundane and patently stupid questions does not and never will mean that no answers are or will be available and you call yourself a scholar - LOL!

If you want to discuss evolution we could do it here and now- or I could just refer you back to the other threads in which it has already been discussed to death?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #18
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Thanks for proving my point. The average (christian) is as ignorant of the mechanics of (religion) as the rest of the general population is. You take it on faith. Hence, a little less arrogance, especially from the hillbillies amongst us, is definitely warranted.
as far as i can see you are the only hillbilly here dearie

Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #19
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Mog, a clock that has stopped is still right twice a day. Why can't you manage that? My point is that atheists who prattle about science need to be a little less arrogant in calling others ignorant (or dripping with FAIL), when, in fact, they do not themselves have a firm grasp of the facts they believe in. It is still faith when you take the word of some authority for the facts you do not know or understand fully. If the authority is really an authority, belief is justified. If not, then not.
where is your evidence that Whisper is ignorant of science and of evolution in particular- silly cow- choosing to call stupidity at a set of question oft-repeated idiiotic questions does not show ignorance of a subject it merely illustrates frustration at the questioner using arguments that have been refuted hundreds of times- again- you call yourself a scholar but show little reading comprehension? ignorant cow

Old 01-03-2010, 05:25 AM   #20
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
You need to retire that line about stopped watches being right twice a day until you manage to accomplish the feat, Lily.
now THAT is my new sig line if thats ok Irr?

Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #21
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
A slow clock may never be right*, and religion has a hard time keeping up with the times (how long did it take the inflatable papacy to forgive Galileo?).

* probably there will be an occasional confluence with the actual time, but the clockmaker can hardly take credit for this
Who is talking about a slow clock?

The Church did not need to forgive Galilleo. The Pope decided to offer an apology for the Church not treating him better than it did. It is hard to see, once you know the facts (which I have been over with you here at tiresome length), what the apology was for. Galilleo was treated rather well, particularly compared to some others. However, apologies, and apology tours are all the fashion, these days.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #22
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

The Pope was wrong then but that's okay, since his craven apology wasn't made from his ginormous highchair, where he's always right. Even an inflammable pope can be wrong twice a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
now THAT is my new sig line if thats ok Irr?
Sure.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #24
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
and you call yourself a scholar - LOL!
I don't think Lily is a scholar. This feels like the same arguments she's been making since she's been here. If she doesn't ever learn anything new from 3+ years of hanging with us, how can she really call herself a scholar anymore?

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #25
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
I don't think Lily is a scholar.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #26
Lily

I haven't claimed to be a scholar, have I? Obviously, I am quite well-educated in a particular field, in which I have also published. That is about it. The fact that I know that I take much on faith is more than you know. It is the surest sign of the stunning ignorance of atheists here that so many of you believe that you can claim to be completely rational about your beliefs (a tautology if ever there were one), when you cannot, in fact, coherently describe evolution, talk intelligently about physics or any other scientific topic (you know who has punctured the balloon of more than one fatuous pretender). It is hysterically funny to see you clinging to something you don't actually understand, preening and boasting of your intellectual superiority! The fact that you actually do not see that you are in the exact same boat as the fundies you deride is a source of never-ending wonder and enjoyment to me.

There are some very knowledgeable people here. The rest of you are groupies.

Last edited by Lily; 01-03-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #27
Mog
Obsessed Member

So ultimately, it sounds like you misunderstand us, Lily. You don't really see the doubts that we have about things, so you assume that they aren't there. These doubts, of course, is why we don't claim to have a belief about god, let alone positive beliefs about Christianity. And, these doubts are why we are as rational as we claim to be, yet not fall into this so called fundie boat that you so wish we were riding on. David Hart appears to have the same misunderstanding about us that you do. Since you have had 3+ years to deduce this and yet somehow haven't, I'm going to have to assume that you are going to continue to intentionally misunderstand atheists, and of course continue to form wild opinions about things that you have little evidence to go by.

Seriously, its too bad you're not a scholar, Lily. Maybe discussions with you here would actually get somewhere, or you'd have learned by now that its time to move on.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #28
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Galilleo was treated rather well, particularly compared to some others.
Well no shit. They didn't slowly cook him over an open fire, or torture him to death in other less showy ways, like they did most other men of science who had the stones to disagree with the all-powerful Church. Fuck you and fuck theistic religion. Oh, and fuck Jesus and that Mary cunt too.

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #29
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Lily is either trying to defend the ignorance of an imbecile, which makes her also an imbecile, or she knows the questions are completely moronic but considers the moron on her team so she is compelled to defend the stupidity anyway, which would make her a dishonest sack of gas. Which is it?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #30
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
Well no shit. They didn't slowly cook him over an open fire, or torture him to death in other less showy ways, like they did most other men of science who had the stones to disagree with the all-powerful Church. Fuck you and fuck theistic religion. Oh, and fuck Jesus and that Mary cunt too.
Mary already got fucked with God's great big throbbing chubby. And she is still a virgin! God penetrates in mysterious ways!