Old 06-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #31
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

As I said, I'm a naturally skeptical guy and I haven't bought into the pentagon conspiracy scenario, I simply enjoyed the video and found the witnesses to be honest sounding and believable. I also realize that eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable and makes lousy evidence, everybody knows that.

I think the testimony from the eyewitnesses who saw the plane passing over the Navy building and coming directly at them was the most difficult to discount as mistaken perception. Their frame of reference was head-on to the passing airliner as opposed to a side-on perspective which would be much easier to misjudge and simply get wrong.

As I'm sure everybody knows, we have neurons which respond only to this kind of head-on motion (as well as, of course, neurons that respond to every other kind of motion one can think of). We have evolved to take special notice of things coming directly our way, and particularly at high rates of speed, because this is generally bad news.

I'm tending to think that these guys actually did see a plane headed directly toward them just as they said they did (which is why they all got the fuck out of the way as fast as they could) and weren't the victims of human misperception.

But what all this testimony suggests is too outrageous to even be considered. It's just too incredible to be true. It's fucking ridiculous! An elaborate conspiracy to fire a missile from a commercial looking aircraft at the Pentagon and thereby compel us into waging war with Iraq? Bullshit!! It simply can not be true, can it? Of course it can't. It's just more wacko conspiracy insanity.

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #32
just questions

Quote:
VladTheImpaler wrote View Post
Imagine what the implications would be if God did not exist and there's no absolute moral standards... oh wait.

This is not a valid argument.
Someone disagrees.
just questions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #33
Whisper

Nope. Load of absolute bollocks. I have little to no time for conspiracy theories at the best of times. I have less than no time for this piece of crap. This sort of shit is made up by - in my experience, so it's an opinion - credulous idiots with too much time on their hands.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #34
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
just questions wrote View Post
Try to imagine what the implication is if indeed the theory is true. It at least would mean that the two planes going into WTC were also highjacked by US government.
Not necessarily, the hijackers could have been unaware they were known about but not being stopped. They could have chickened out any time. The Pentagon thing could have been an embellishment.

Didn't Churchill get an American boat sunk once to get the US to war? Same sort of thing.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #35
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
Nope. Load of absolute bollocks. I have little to no time for conspiracy theories at the best of times. I have less than no time for this piece of crap. This sort of shit is made up by - in my experience, so it's an opinion - credulous idiots with too much time on their hands.
So...I'm guessing that you're not entirely convinced then?

Old 06-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #36
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post

Didn't Churchill get an American boat sunk once to get the US to war? Same sort of thing.
That's actually true, but he only did it because a rival lizard shapeshifter (he was one as well) who had threatened to stick one of Churchill's cigars where the sun don't shine was supposed to be on that boat

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Fuck me, an hour and 20 minutes? Sorry, dude, I had every intention of watching it and giving my thoughts, but I have better things to do with my time.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #38
Choobus
I Live Here

Even terry schiavo would have had better things to do with her time than watch that bollocks

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #39
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
So I guess you were pretty annoyed to hear the conspiracy theory that 19 Muslims and Osama Cia Laden carried out the whole thing without any evidence to back it up? No? Oh? It's not a conspiracy theory when it originates from trustworthy Faux News? Ohh, alrighty then! Have a blissful day

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~Epicurus
VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #40
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Fuck me, an hour and 20 minutes? Sorry, dude, I had every intention of watching it and giving my thoughts, but I have better things to do with my time.
You do whatever the hell you want to do with your time but taking this into consideration I'd request and appreciate if you'd then refrain from posting about the topic any further.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~Epicurus
Old 07-01-2009, 12:35 AM   #41
psychodiva
I Live Here

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #42
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
But what all this testimony suggests is too outrageous to even be considered. It's just too incredible to be true. It's fucking ridiculous! An elaborate conspiracy to fire a missile from a commercial looking aircraft at the Pentagon and thereby compel us into waging war with Iraq? Bullshit!! It simply can not be true, can it? Of course it can't. It's just more wacko conspiracy insanity.
You can't assume that a missile was fired from the commercial aircraft. A missile could have come from another source or as far as we know it could have been a bomb instead of a missile altogether which is probably a lot simpler to rig.

What all this testimony suggests is that the official story does not add up. What I would like to see as a result from this is an independent investigation with full access to all the facts.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #43
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
The testimony of the cab driver, on the other hand, sounded scripted, disingenuous and, most significantly, contradicted the photographic evidence. I'd be interested in seeing the results of polygraph tests done on these eyewitnesses, including the cab driver. What he had to say near the end of the video was very telling.
The cab driver's testimony was really strange and almost infuriating at the same time. You can compare it to showing him a picture of a blue pen and then asking him "is this a blue pen?" only for him to reply "no, it's not" over and over.

He's either very afraid or a disturbed senile old man, it's really hard to tell. It is telling however that his wife works for the FBI and that he talks about "being apart of something that he shouldn't be" when he believed he was not being filmed. Either he is deranged and wants to be special and therefore tells such stories or he's telling the truth (or an approximation of the truth). That’s how I see it. Either way you can’t really verify it so from this incident alone you can’t really draw any conclusions. But when you add up hundreds of other anomalies and oddities (in regards to 9/11) your suspicion of foul play is increased.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 AM   #44
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
That's actually true, but he only did it because a rival lizard shapeshifter (he was one as well) who had threatened to stick one of Churchill's cigars where the sun don't shine was supposed to be on that boat
You need to be careful investing in loose talk like that, a man in your position.
Have you forgotten about the 22 British scientists who died in mysterious circumstances not so long ago?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #45
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
VladTheImpaler wrote View Post
You can't assume that a missile was fired from the commercial aircraft. A missile could have come from another source or as far as we know it could have been a bomb instead of a missile altogether which is probably a lot simpler to rig.
Sure. A number of possibilities exist, including the officially sanctioned sequence of events. And since we know that our government doesn't lie to us, particularly about events leading up to our invasion and occupation of Iraq, I can rest assured that it happened just the way they say that it did. I'm sure that all these north side people are lying (a conspiracy to fabricate a conspiracy) or are simply 'confused' en masse about what they saw that day. After all, you watched the video in the earlier post of the card trick with the changing clothes, table cloth and back-drop, right? What more proof do you need?

Quote:
What all this testimony suggests is that the official story does not add up. What I would like to see as a result from this is an independent investigation with full access to all the facts.
Probably never gonna happen. Like I said before, I would be very interested in seeing the results of a polygraph test done on all the witnesses, particularly the cab driver.