Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
pita
New Member!

Introduction, and question about the idea of hell

Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Carmen, and I was raised in a Roman Catholic home. I'm 18 and I've also been going to church on a regular basis. When I was around 16 I started to question the Bible and its validity. I also studied science courses and now I am interested in biology. I therefore do accept evolution and I don't really believe humans are any more special than other animals. To make long story short, I am skeptical about most religious claims, but I still wonder about hell, and here is why:

I have researched many Near Death Experiences, and to my knowledge, about 1 in 5 near death Experiencers experience a hellish NDE. I have read the accounts (they are all over the internet and easy to find) and what I find weird is that all the experiences sound so similar. For example, usually, a person first encounters total darkness, then they see these demonic creatures who torture them and laugh at their pain. Then, they hear others in hell screaming, and they claim it is a sad, lonely place because everyone is in so much pain they can't talk to one another. Then they call out for help or to Jesus, and one of two things occurs: either a white light appears which is sometimes Jesus, and they get rescued. It is also sometimes a hand that swoops down and picks them up, brings them out of hell.

My question is, do these hellish consistencies give credence to the whole concept of hell? There are even NDEs you can find where Muslims were rescued by Jesus. Does this prove that afterlife and he'll exists? It just seems so consistent to me, that it seems hard to pass it off as a hallucination.
pita is offline   Reply With Quote