Old 01-23-2007, 07:18 AM   #16
Gathercole

Quote:
WITHTEETH wrote
I see CENTRUM is on the Bad Vitamin list, maybe Ill check out GNC next time i out and about.
No, Centrum was on the list of vitamins they TESTED. You have to subscribe to see the full results; although the MSNBC article mentioned that Centrum silver passed.

My wife (a nutritionist) gets a good newsletter called Nutrition Action, funded by subscriptions and put out by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, the group which lobbied successfully for nutrition labels on foods in the US. CSPI also rated vitamins in one of their recent issues, and while Centrum Silver did pretty well, the best vitamin actually turned out to be Walgreens One Daily Men's. Who'd a thunk it, eh? A generic brand turned out to be the best.

Some nutritionists can get moralistic about eating a healthy diet, and while that's ideal, the majority recommend that everyone take a daily multivitamin. It can fill in nutritional chinks you didn't even know you had.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 AM   #17
Sinistral

Quote:
Gathercole wrote
Quote:
WITHTEETH wrote
I see CENTRUM is on the Bad Vitamin list, maybe Ill check out GNC next time i out and about.
No, Centrum was on the list of vitamins they TESTED. You have to subscribe to see the full results; although the MSNBC article mentioned that Centrum silver passed.

My wife (a nutritionist) gets a good newsletter called Nutrition Action, funded by subscriptions and put out by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, the group which lobbied successfully for nutrition labels on foods in the US. CSPI also rated vitamins in one of their recent issues, and while Centrum Silver did pretty well, the best vitamin actually turned out to be Walgreens One Daily Men's. Who'd a thunk it, eh? A generic brand turned out to be the best.

Some nutritionists can get moralistic about eating a healthy diet, and while that's ideal, the majority recommend that everyone take a daily multivitamin. It can fill in nutritional chinks you didn't even know you had.
Because I participate in sports, I too use vitamins to fill in the gaps where my healthy diet might not cover.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #18
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

:offtopic: Sinistral, I just noticed your quote, and I really like it!

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #19
Sinistral

Quote:
R and All wrote
:offtopic: Sinistral, I just noticed your quote, and I really like it!
Thanks R and All ! :thumbsup:
Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #20
Livingstrong

Quote:
Sinistral wrote
Quote:
Gathercole wrote
Quote:
WITHTEETH wrote

Because I participate in sports, I too use vitamins to fill in the gaps where my healthy diet might not cover.
I sure do take my vits too!