Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Just for a bit of Background Bullshit - I stole this from some tard site;

Things you might hear the God of open theism say

The following list of statements are not meant to be offensive to the Open Theist. They are meant to be both humorous and illustrative. Open Theism teaches that God does not know future events, that He can be surprised by them, that He can make mistakes, and that He learns what will happen as people make choices. Therefore, what kinds of things might we hear the God of Open Theism say?

1. Ooops
2. Doh!
3. Uh, oh.
4. Oh, no.
5. Dang it!
6. Shucks!
7. Let me get back to you on that.
8. Wow, that was a surprise.
9. I hope it works out.
10. Oh no, now what is he going to do this time?
11. No, I haven't heard the joke about the open theist.
12. Please, oh please, please, please believe in me.
13. I'll not do that again.
14. That didn't turn out to well, did it?
15. I'll try and get it right next time.
16. I'd answer your prayer but I don't know what is going to happen.
17. Hey, I just learned something.
18. Well, I can always go to plan B.
19. Well, I can always go to plan C.
20. Well, I can always go to plan D.

This is lighthearted, and I mean no mockery nor insult; but this is a way of illustrating the point that the view of God in open theism means God does not know all of the future and can even make mistakes -- otherwise, according to openness, God wouldn't have any regrets.

If we assumed that the god of open theism was true, would it bring you comfort to know that God learns, that God doesn't know the future exhaustively, and that He has to wait to find out what people will do? How would that affect your prayers to Him? Would it give you confidence in God? After all, what if something happens that surprises God and He is unable to answer your prayer? If God is hoping for the best, reacting to people, and working around them to make things happen, then can you really count on God to be the sovereign in-charge Lord of the universe? I think not.

This view is problematic and undermines the trust that we can have in God's absolute sovereignty. It is a reduction of the stature and abilities of God.

By the way, how many open theists does it take to change a light bulb? No one knows until it happens.
Ha ha of course no offense taken! Bravo! You have the feel of a fundamentalist Christian brother and that's fine, all well and good, the universe needs all kinds to operate correctly, even so called tard sites with required tards to fill up the membership ledgers eh? My brand of Open thiem doesnt limit Gods abalities except in this universe, it was created to run on probabilities, chaos and uncertainty, which sounds strange at first but allows us to retain our free will in a deterministic universe. No need to fret smelly, God remains perfect in his realm.

Thanks for your reply ;

CJ
Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #18
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Do you like luxury?
If you are speaking to me, yes. However I shun the temptation to love it.

C4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
Eva
Super Moderator

so, i gather open theism has nothing to do with the christian version of god....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #20
Kate

Old 11-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #21
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
Never heard of 'Open Theism' before - huh.
I have dabbled in most major religions while searching, like a lot of people. Open theism is liberal Christianity for short. However real open theism is much more complicated that that, For example I believe God is perfect in his realm but chooses not to be in this one. That may sound silly at first but it explains many of what I personally see as discrepancies in the Christian religion. I think the bible is true, its core message gets out, ie; its a manual of how to save our soul. However I borrow from the major accepted christian denominations as well as at least consider the gnostic Apocrypha ideas books and texts. I am a work in progress.

I do ask that no one be influenced to change their beliefs by anything I write.I have attended seminary and graduated, as well as studied other (than comparative theology, christian) religions, but my prayers have remain unanswered when I ask if my ideas should be preached. I will say that I believe that Jesus Christ is my lord and Savior and that one must repent (truly, and I mean truly want to change and ask forgiveness) to be saved.

Thanks for your reply.

C4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #22
Kate

Quote:
Christian4Jihad wrote View Post
I do ask that no one be influenced to change their beliefs by anything I write.

Quote:
Opening salvo wrote
I will be like Daniel in the pit with a pride of toothless secular lions.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #23
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
so, i gather open theism has nothing to do with the christian version of god....
No open theism is basically liberal Christianity. Jesus said nothing about money being evil, rather he said the love of money is the root of all evil. As I said I don't love money, and I attempt to limit my use of it as well.

C4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #24
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Same shit, different wrapper.
Yes life is like that.

C4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
you must be really loaded, christian, if you own a church and missions....

welcome to our humble forum!
Ha ha! My church is a office (I don't preach) and my missions help the poor access federal aid and temporary humanitarian needs such as food shelter etc. I drive a 92 ford explorer and a 69 harley davidson shovel head, so sorry you cant slam me on that one...

C4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #26
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
*lol* of course - just amused to learn of yet another version of it
Its been around for ten years, so I would say there is much that you aren't privy to. Its basic information whisper.

P4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #27
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Christian4Jihad wrote View Post
That may sound silly at first but it explains many of what I personally see as discrepancies in the Christian religion.
C4J
Another possible explanation is that it is all made up, and that those who made it up did not work hard enough to eliminate contradictions or discrepancies. I have seen this sort of thing happen before.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #28
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
That lion has teeth wrong pit!

P4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #29
Christian4Jihad

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Christian4Jihad, if you can demonstrate proof of a super natural entity I'm in. He/She doesn't have to be perfect or all knowing. I'm good with Majin Buu if that's all you've got.
I was going to give evidence for such a thing, no one can prove anything for certian so evidence is all you will have. However I didn't know I would be so popular that I would be discussing the orgins of the universe in the intro section. Whats wrong have you used up all your nice Christians?

P4J
Old 11-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #30
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Why have you changed from C4J to P4J?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote