Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #106
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

A mildly amusing example of poor proof-reading or sloppy science education:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...quiz/#comments

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #107
psychodiva
I Live Here

ROFL that is one bad anatomy lesson

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #108
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Fuck me I was trying to learn me some physics and I stumbled across this shit. WTF? It started off well enough then went off an insanity cliff, making ever less sense as the author rambled.

http://www.allaboutscience.org/theory-of-relativity.htm

"The most common contemporary interpretation of this expansion is that this began to exist from the moment of the Big Bang some 13.7 billion years ago. However this is not the only plausible cosmological model which exists in academia, and many creation physicists such as Russell Humphreys and John Hartnett have devised models operating with a biblical framework, which -- to date -- have withstood the test of criticism from the most vehement of opponents."

"Moreover, the very physical nature of time and space also suggest a Creator, for infinity and eternity must necessarily exist from a logical perspective. The existence of time implies eternity (as time has a beginning and an end), and the existence of space implies infinity. The very concepts of infinity and eternity infer a Creator because they find their very state of being in God, who transcends both and simply is. "

Really? All about science my ass. Fucking BULLSHIT! I'd like to shove this page up the author's ass.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #109
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Hmm, trying to learn anything from a creationist fraud webshite is probably not a good idea.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #110
Humanist

Reads like something straight from a William Lane Craig debate
Humanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #111
West491
Obsessed Member

You want physics?

This will do you right
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #112
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
You want physics?

This will do you right
Thanks!

Old 10-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #113
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

You may recall this recent spreading of horseshit, which due to huge outcry saw the original exhibit amended to reflect something nearer the truth. Well, colour me shocked to learn that the toady Northern Irish gubbmint could well have been raking in some sweet back-handers from the cuntish Calebs to promote their wanked-off creationist propaganda.

Quote:
"One of the released emails does suggest that under the current Minister, the Department of Enterprise tried to impose on the National Trust a requirement to include Creationism as a grant condition? Were any contractual obligations imposed upon the National Trust to meet the needs to creationist campaigners such as Caleb who openly admit to their DUP connections?
I'm sure the answer will be 'No, we don't take teh bribes' - but I reckon it's more likely to be another example of just how willing the cretinist christards are to push their fucked-up 'science' agenda into the public domain by foul means.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #114
Sol

Whilst having to deal with Steiner schools and their gnomeology approach to life the universe and everything.....

We now have to contend with this bollox becoming more and more common.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...orry-scotland/

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #115
Davin
Obsessed Member

Because America is awesome!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #116
mondrian

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
Whilst having to deal with Steiner schools and their gnomeology approach to life the universe and everything.....

We now have to contend with this bollox becoming more and more common.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...orry-scotland/

SOG:

You may recall this recent spreading of horseshit, which due to huge outcry saw the original exhibit amended to reflect something nearer the truth. Well, colour me shocked to learn that the toady Northern Irish gubbmint could well have been raking in some sweet back-handers from the cuntish Calebs to promote their wanked-off creationist propaganda.
There's one thing that is positive about all this. The god squad must really be getting worried that their comfort blankie is soon to be untimely ripped from their fetid bosoms. Otherwise, they wouldn't be acting in the way that they are.

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #117
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Ahh, we haven't had a complete load of shite & drivel for a while, but the god-botters come up with yet another eye-roller.

Quote:
Solar eclipse: schoolchildren banned from watching on 'religious and cultural' grounds ....
.... Although headteacher Ivor Johnstone would not comment on what the ‘religious and cultural’ reasons were, some Hindu scriptures say that an eclipse makes believers impure.
And fundamentalists believe that they need to bathe immediately after an eclipse and chant the name of God to overcome the forces of darkness.
Deluded fools.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #118
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #119
AtomJack

Back in the early '90s, I taught math and physics at a Waldorf school (hey, I needed money, and could teach!). They were looking for my replacement during my second year (I wasn't drinking their kool-aid). Steiner was a complete crackpot.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #120
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post
Steiner was a complete crackpot.

Say that to his face!

Oh, wrong steiner.

Still a crackpot, though.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup