Old 11-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
I suggest that things remain as they are, as that is what will happen. I will continue to assert that many here have a chip on their shoulder re: gods/religions.
Fine. But it's not like you haven't made this assertion before. Many, many, many, many times before.

It's an opinion you have, and like I said, you've shared it already.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
It's funny that no one here seems to 'buy' that I'm not religious and don't go to Church. Maybe it suits your view to present this perspective as I don't fit into a box you understand.
I think it's funny that you think we care.

BTW, I hate your new screen name, so I will refer to you as Jerry.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
Does having a different view constitute stalking?
Not if you maintain your different view elsewhere. You already know we don't agree with you. On anything. You know that because you and we have exhausted conversation a long time ago. You're all chewed up at Ravingatheists.com.

Now, if you were a genuinely new theist instead of an old theist with a different name, well, it might be fun to get to know you and, perhaps, you us. But it seems strange to me that you would want to rehash old arguments with old foes.

But I can understand if you miss Ghoulslime; I know he misses you, too. He's the only one of us that ever even mentioned you during your absence.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
I could take the easy route and sourround myself with like-minded people and berate the 'other', but that's just a little too safe/easy/boring for my tastes. If that's what works for you, fine, but someone not doing what you prefer to do is not stalking.
I don't see how you're taking any easy route rehashing old arguments with the same people you've exhausted conversation with before. If you were really adventurous, you'd find another atheist forum to haunt. There are plenty of them on the Internet. But I remember your belligerence and affection for the familiar. You're here specifically to trade insults with absolutely no interest at all in trying to understand the folks you're arguing with. Yeah, I prefer that you didn't do that here, but you're certainly free to ignore my preferences.

Anyway, I look forward to your reunion with Ghoulie.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
Can you stalk a forum?
Sure. You're doing it.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
So I need to care about you to really understand?
No, you would need to care about understanding and, clearly, you don't.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
I see you guys as a circus attraction of freaks, not because you're atheists, but because of your vast and consistent mutual efforts to negate something you can't define. Most would say that's a little freaky.
So you've shared with us already. Many, many, many times before. Do you think it will resonate more if you repeat it a thousand more times?

Quote:
Jerry wrote
I like to come along here, mostly when I need to refocus for work, and poke a stick at the nutbags. So, I don't think there's anywhere for 'us' to go.
Well, that's very admirable. Yes, indeed. It does make you look very sane by comparison.

Quote:
Jerry wrote
Can you suggest a place for me to go?
Elsewhere is a mighty big place, especially when we're talking about the World Wide Web. You could get lost anywhere else in it.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 11-30-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Fine. But it's not like you haven't made this assertion before. Many, many, many, many times before.

It's an opinion you have, and like I said, you've shared it already.

I think it's funny that you think we care.

BTW, I hate your new screen name, so I will refer to you as Jerry.

Not if you maintain your different view elsewhere. You already know we don't agree with you. On anything. You know that because you and we have exhausted conversation a long time ago. You're all chewed up at Ravingatheists.com.

Now, if you were a genuinely new theist instead of an old theist with a different name, well, it might be fun to get to know you and, perhaps, you us. But it seems strange to me that you would want to rehash old arguments with old foes.

But I can understand if you miss Ghoulslime; I know he misses you, too. He's the only one of us that ever even mentioned you during your absence.

I don't see how you're taking any easy route rehashing old arguments with the same people you've exhausted conversation with before. If you were really adventurous, you'd find another atheist forum to haunt. There are plenty of them on the Internet. But I remember your belligerence and affection for the familiar. You're here specifically to trade insults with absolutely no interest at all in trying to understand the folks you're arguing with. Yeah, I prefer that you didn't do that here, but you're certainly free to ignore my preferences.

Anyway, I look forward to your reunion with Ghoulie.

Sure. You're doing it.

No, you would need to care about understanding and, clearly, you don't.

So you've shared with us already. Many, many, many times before. Do you think it will resonate more if you repeat it a thousand more times?

Well, that's very admirable. Yes, indeed. It does make you look very sane by comparison.

Elsewhere is a mighty big place, especially when we're talking about the World Wide Web. You could get lost anywhere else in it.
Well that was quick. I'm bored already. A reunion will have to wait.
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #18
Irreligious
I Live Here

Be patient. Ghoulie will show up real soon, I'm sure.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
You come to an raving atheist forum to discuss ‘other than jesus stuff’, is the same as someone else going to a raving anti-Semite forum to discuss ‘other than jew stuff’.

Care doesn’t come into it. Logically, spending free time to negate something you can’t define with the same arguments isn’t rewarding to a sane person. I can only assume that there is some implicit emotional need fulfilled.

Yes unproven and untrue assumptions are generally what people like you do - way to go for breaking the mould

If you don't get it then why are you here? You are asking questions yes- but certainly not in a curious, seeking manner-your manner is more condescending and arrogant than anything that would warrant serious attention from anybody. .

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #20
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Yes unproven and untrue assumptions are generally what people like you do - way to go for breaking the mould
You have no idea what sort of person I am, but if it makes you feel better to place some undefined generic description on me, go for it. Why break the habit of a lifetime? Not defining anything seems to be par for the course round here.

Quote:

If you don't get it then why are you here?
You are asking questions yes- but certainly not in a curious, seeking manner-your manner is more condescending and arrogant than anything that would warrant serious attention from anybody.
Why ask me a question and then proceed to answer it? Your manner is arrogant and condescending.

If I believed anyone here had any intention of answering my questions, then I would ask them in more polite way.

The issue is you guys feel your views are not open to scrutiny, so there is no need to answer any questions from anyone from a different persepctive.

As you've just illustrated with you previous post, most here just attempt to turn it into a personal attack and then question how geunine I am.

If you don't want to answer that's fine, but not answering under the guise of disblieving the honesty of my question is just plain weak.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #21
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You come to an raving atheist forum to discuss ‘other than jesus stuff’, is the same as someone else going to a raving anti-Semite forum to discuss ‘other than jew stuff’.
Analogy fail. It would be like going to a raving Semite forum and talking about things other than Jew stuff.

Quote:
Care doesn’t come into it. Logically, spending free time to negate something you can’t define with the same arguments isn’t rewarding to a sane person.
Sentences that start with "Logically" should be logical, otherwise there's no point in the entire sentence. So why did you start an irrational sentence with "Logically"?

Quote:
I can only assume that there is some implicit emotional need fulfilled.
I'm sure you can assume a great many other things... you've already shown that your ability to assume things isn't bound by rationality.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
After browsing through the posts here it seems many regulars go over the same arguments again and again and again and again and again....
How can so many here dedicate such a lot of their free time to negate something they can’t either define or conceptualize? Or is that your point? If so, the lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Quote:

Care doesn’t come into it. Logically, spending free time to negate something you can’t define with the same arguments isn’t rewarding to a sane person. I can only assume that there is some implicit emotional need fulfilled.
Quote:
You have no idea what sort of person I am, but if it makes you feel better to place some undefined generic description on me, go for it. Why break the habit of a lifetime? Not defining anything seems to be par for the course round here.

Why ask me a question and then proceed to answer it? Your manner is arrogant and condescending.

If I believed anyone here had any intention of answering my questions, then I would ask them in more polite way.

The issue is you guys feel your views are not open to scrutiny, so there is no need to answer any questions from anyone from a different persepctive.

As you've just illustrated with you previous post, most here just attempt to turn it into a personal attack and then question how geunine I am.

If you don't want to answer that's fine, but not answering under the guise of disblieving the honesty of my question is just plain weak.
and you have no idea what sort of person I am yet you come on here and immediately assume merely because you are not agreed with that there is 'an emotional need' to be fulfilled and that we are - because you fail to understand why we are here- not 'sane' - how more insulting and full of assumptions could you be?

My views are open to scrutiny for those who care to ask real questions and do not assume from the outset that merely because i am an atheist i have an 'emotional need' or am not 'sane'-- try starting again with a little less arrogance and no assumptions and you may be worth actually answering

And if you did not believe any of us had any intention of answering your questions then i question your motives for being here- just what are your motives oh arrogant assumption filled person?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #23
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Analogy fail. It would be like going to a raving Semite forum and talking about things other than Jew stuff.
a Fail fail.

I said:

"You come to an raving atheist forum to discuss ‘other than jesus stuff’, is the same as someone else going to a raving anti-Semite forum to discuss ‘other than jew stuff’."

Why state I should have said what I said?

The rest of your post won't be addressed due to a lack of value and relevance.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #24
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
and you have no idea what sort of person I am yet you come on here and immediately assume merely because you are not agreed with that there is 'an emotional need' to be fulfilled and that we are - because you fail to understand why we are here- not 'sane' - how more insulting and full of assumptions could you be?

My views are open to scrutiny for those who care to ask real questions and do not assume from the outset that merely because i am an atheist i have an 'emotional need' or am not 'sane'-- try starting again with a little less arrogance and no assumptions and you may be worth actually answering

And if you did not believe any of us had any intention of answering your questions then i question your motives for being here- just what are your motives oh arrogant assumption filled person?
Ok a new approach. When I first came here I just wanted to see your perspectives. But it quickly turned into shit flinging match, which wasn't initiated by me. There is a very arrogant tone here which is easily passed onto anyone who doesn't hold an atheist' views. Although I obviously enjoy trolling, arguing so this is a good place for me to come.

That said, I am interested in understanding why many come here and spend so much free time to deny something they can't define. I could go to a 'round square' forum and deny it's existence, but the question is why would I bother?

I really have no idea why someone would dedicate some of their time to negate something they can't define.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ok a new approach. When I first came here I just wanted to see your perspectives. But it quickly turned into shit flinging match, which wasn't initiated by me. There is a very arrogant tone here which is easily passed onto anyone who doesn't hold an atheist' views. Although I obviously enjoy trolling, arguing so this is a good place for me to come.

That said, I am interested in understanding why many come here and spend so much free time to deny something they can't define. I could go to a 'round square' forum and deny it's existence, but the question is why would I bother?

I really have no idea why someone would dedicate some of their time to negate something they can't define.
It has been explained to you. Either you cannot understand or simply don't want to.

Now what do you want us to do about that?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #26
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:

ok- no assumptions that's better

I come here to talk to like-minded people about things in which I am interested- if i complain out in the real world about these things I am seen as less than polite and somewhat less than human than some people- and I also have to spend a great deal of time explaining to idiots what the fuck I mean - here I don't have to as I can start from the knowledge that most regulars on here are pretty well educated and already know the background stuff and have probably read more religious texts than most of the people I meet in the real world who claim to be religious.

I can also be safe in the knowledge that I will get a straight answer and will not have to go all around the houses explaining the background of things- I also don't have to watch my fucking language and can say exactly what I want to whomever I want something I cannot do in everyday life as I work therapeutically with young people and am constantly aware of everything I say and do as it has an impact on their mental health and attachment patterns so having a place to 'let off steam' is always a good thing

I spend less time here than I do at work- probably about an hour a day here as opposed to 10-12 hours working not including the studying and keeping up with the professional knowledge stuff and then there is my family to spend time with. As for emotional need- no i don't have one- you may or may not be pleased to know that in my work and professional life I actually need to be well adjusted as you yanks would say or self-aware as any other mental health worker would say.

You might try and notice that a lot of the chat on here is about anything other than god/gods/religion

So- assumptions having now been blown out of the water- what else do you need to know and are you coming down off your high horse to admit you were wrong about the 'emotional need'? and 'sane' bit? or are you merely here just to be arrogant and assuming and prove points to yourself and /or your friends?

Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
ok- no assumptions that's better

I come here to talk to like-minded people about things in which I am interested- if i complain out in the real world about these things I am seen as less than polite and somewhat less than human than some people- and I also have to spend a great deal of time explaining to idiots what the fuck I mean - here I don't have to as I can start from the knowledge that most regulars on here are pretty well educated and already know the background stuff and have probably read more religious texts than most of the people I meet in the real world who claim to be religious.

I can also be safe in the knowledge that I will get a straight answer and will not have to go all around the houses explaining the background of things- I also don't have to watch my fucking language and can say exactly what I want to whomever I want something I cannot do in everyday life as I work therapeutically with young people and am constantly aware of everything I say and do as it has an impact on their mental health and attachment patterns so having a place to 'let off steam' is always a good thing

I spend less time here than I do at work- probably about an hour a day here as opposed to 10-12 hours working not including the studying and keeping up with the professional knowledge stuff and then there is my family to spend time with. As for emotional need- no i don't have one- you may or may not be pleased to know that in my work and professional life I actually need to be well adjusted as you yanks would say or self-aware as any other mental health worker would say.

You might try and notice that a lot of the chat on here is about anything other than god/gods/religion

So- assumptions having now been blown out of the water- what else do you need to know and are you coming down off your high horse to admit you were wrong about the 'emotional need'? and 'sane' bit? or are you merely here just to be arrogant and assuming and prove points to yourself and /or your friends?
I know not all topics relate to religion, but you come to an atheist's forum. There are plenty of other forums which you can come to to meet well educated people you don't have to come to an atheist's forum for that, you can swear and vent at other forums as well.

I still don't get why you come to an atheist's forum, when you could go anywhere to do what you want to do.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #28
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
I know not all topics relate to religion, but you come to an atheist's forum. There are plenty of other forums which you can come to to meet well educated people you don't have to come to an atheist's forum for that, you can swear and vent at other forums as well.

I still don't get why you come to an atheist's forum, when you could go anywhere to do what you want to do.
Nobody is saying that we can't visit other forums, or that some of us don't.

We're all different people here, with a variety of different interests and diverging points of view. But the one thing we share in common is our lack of belief in a god or gods. That, ultimately, is what drew us to this forum in the first place.

Being atheists from cultures that exhalt and encourage faith in superstitious belief systems gives us a common base point from which to commiserate, and so we do. Here. In this virtual sanctuary, of a sort.

In addition, we challenge the occasional theist who is either fearless, curious, arrogant or angry enough to sign up and post here. If we're not doing that, we share other common interests, or we vehemently disagree amongst each other where we disagree.

Also, some of us have a genunine affection for each other. Despite living long distances apart, some of us have met other members of this forum in person. A few have even crossed an ocean to make the acquaintance of other posters here, which has further strengthened the bonds we share as fellow human beings.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #29
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
a Fail fail.

I said:

"You come to an raving atheist forum to discuss ‘other than jesus stuff’, is the same as someone else going to a raving anti-Semite forum to discuss ‘other than jew stuff’."

Why state I should have said what I said?

The rest of your post won't be addressed due to a lack of value and relevance.
You calling me stupid is very ironic, in that you've demonstrated that you lack the ability for basic reading comprehension. Is your limited ability for reading comprehension so bad that if I point out the lack of "anti" in my statement that you won't notice?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #30
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:

I like to come along here, mostly when I need to refocus for work, and poke a stick at the nutbags.
Kepp poking those nutbags, numbnuts. The less likely it is that you will procreate the better, you worthless goat-felching shitgoblin.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote