Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #5026
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Anybody read the bit in the daily mail regarding how theism is ingrained in us and not installed externally ala Dawkins. With shit like this in the papers you have to have a little sympathy for these guys. They're like the oompa loompas in willy Wonka. Fucking irritating, but you have to feel for these guys with all the snozz wanglers, and wangdoodles and rotten vermicious kernids.
There is a shampoo that takes care of the Kernids, but I understand your point.

I think that what the article is saying is something that Paul Kurtz long ago called the "transcendental temptation", a strong inclination to attribute unknown things to some great power sitting outside of nature and controlling it.

Some things are so big (hurricanes for example) they can only be controlled by something greater yet.

Part of the reason for this IMV is connected with our mechanism of empathy and our fear of personal injury. We desperately want retribution for bad things that happen, not just a perverse desire for vengeance, but to make such injuries very unlikely.

Who wants to tangle with a badass hurricane thrower just to hurt little old me? Even a rockslide that would break my leg will think twice when facing a god of all nature who is protecting me.

For a hurricane to be used as a punishment for some guy, say, cheating on his wife (a punishment imagined by her, most likely) it must be a vengeful God. In this way a genetically simple inclination can mentally leapfrog up to a white-bearded magic man in the sky.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #5027
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Even I, one of the worst offenders of feeding trolls, have given up on this wackjob. That should give everyone, who is still engaging ricky, pause.
This is not about Ricardo, Ricky, Richie, Richard, Rick. It is about Him and YOU who are the most valuable. This is about being born, living, marrying and dying. It is about life itself. It is about: What will I do when the time comes. How is it going to be. How much have I sinned against my brothers (ALL) and how could I get back my life by being a good human being so that when the time comes, I will be ready. This is about moving on to a better life. This is what this is all about. It will not leave your mind!

Persistence Is The Strength Of The Believer!
ricardocoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #5028
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Even I, one of the worst offenders of feeding trolls, have given up on this wackjob. That should give everyone, who is still engaging ricky, pause.
Even if you don't engage with me anymore, I will always be engaging you. Because it is not about me, this is about you. You will be a witness!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #5029
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Once again, fuckface, I wasn't talking to you.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #5030
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Anybody read the bit in the daily mail regarding how theism is ingrained in us and not installed externally ala Dawkins. With shit like this in the papers you have to have a little sympathy for these guys. They're like the oompa loompas in willy Wonka. Fucking irritating, but you have to feel for these guys with all the snozz wanglers, and wangdoodles and rotten vermicious kernids.
Yes, because we are the ones that care for your Spiritual Health!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #5031
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
My comprehension is just fine so God's unfinished bridge must be beyond your comprehension as well.

You understand virtually nothing of what you speak. Therefore, you now owe me yet another blow job making, with the one you are currently admitting to, four. That's just enough to fill all four of my tires. See you at the gas pump.

Maybe while we are both there, I'll make that video of you giving a nozzle a blow job. You must be quite the expert by now with your special technique.

So, if you care at all about the state of my soul, blow me.
Professor, you are very intelligent (Most here are) and I know that I can converse with you in a civilized way. I am not forcing anyone here to do as I say. I have given a message which many mock and that is just fine with me because my job is to put up that "glass wall" so that I can speak with you on one side and to God on the other side because you TWO don't mix very well and therefore I will speak for you before Him. In other words, you shut the door on Him and I open it. The day you close the door forever, that's going to be a sad day. But still I will not cease to speak to Him for you sake.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #5032
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
How the Hell are we supposed to know what was in your damaged mind in 1960? When we do see this never-before seen disturbance, how will we know that another later bigger never-before seen disturbance isn't the real signal? Important new things are seen in the oceans almost daily. How about the discovery of undersea volcanoes? Is that a big enough rumbling discovery for you? How about the discovery of multiple very specialized life-forms around undersea vents?
What about the creation of a new island on the coast of Iceland, Surtsey that formed by an enormous eruption lasting from 1963 to 1967?
I'll bet that that was your great gronking, rumbling in the ocean, sign and that you completely missed it!

You missed your own sign of the end times. What a dunce!
What is, will scare and overwhem humankind.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #5033
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
It has to do with Loony droppings. I have no intention of feeding your psychotic needs. Go share your demented Spiritual Brotherhood with Choobus and leave me alone.
Wow! Choobus, what a bummer! He's taking up all my praying time! That glass wall is going to turn into a concrete wall with him.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #5034
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
What do you mean "just for that"? Do you think that deliberately vomiting on people is a trifle? You must be loads of fun at parties. Perhaps I would only crucify you just a little bit, way short of death. Under extreme provocation, years ago, I did tie someone to a tree (crucifixion) for a couple of hours.
I'm going to have to check the book of life to see why you did it and what happened afterwards.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #5035
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
This is confusing. Do you obey commands from Him to do shameful things or not? Is it not shameful to disobey Him?
The problem with Him is the overwhelming disobeying of His Commandments by mortals. Mortals don't want to believe in Him so that they cannot be made accountable for their sins. This is called "hiding" from Him.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #5036
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, we know that communism is bad. JFK was talking about myths which are worse than lies because they cannot be corrected with facts as lies can. You are a purveyor of a collection of huge myths. Tell me how easy it is to remove or destroy one of your pernicious myths.

All of the facts brought against them have been unable to bring them down even though they have been shown to be entirely wrong or indeterminately not true.
Myths: Little Red Riding Hood (There's a new story now); Four Little Pigs (Momma pig had given birth to a 4th and no one knew about it). You see, these are myths. What I talk about, are "Myths" in your mind because you don't want to believe but you will.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #5037
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Sternwallow:

New Little Red Riding Hood Story:

LRRH: Hi, grandma!
Gran: Hi, baby!
LRRH: Grandma, what big teeth you got!
Gran: Huh!
LRRH: Grandma, what big ears you got!
Gran: Huh!
LRRH: Grandma, what big mouth you got!
Gran: Huh! Wait a minute here! What you come here for, to see me or criticize me?

You see, that's a myth!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #5038
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
He has a cockeyed perspective that is strangely different from the normal run of crazies. He has given us a few new psychotic symptoms with which to widen the scope of our collected refutations.

This "ocean rumbling" signal of his is a gem that we would not see from a Bovina or a Jerry.

It is also fun, in a way, to turn his wretched logic back on him and watch him squirm. This does no harm because, although he has no defense, he is not a captive here.
Ok, back to God. There are crazies of all kinds. I know I am not one of them because I know that what I am saying is true and you will be witness to it, thereby confirming my truths.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #5039
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Reread your post and try to make it sensible. In the meantime, you have just made a case for you to STFU if we can't understand your special Spiritual language.

Here is a tip that will make your message more effective than it is here: go to Portugal, find a group of people who speak Russian and give them your message in Swedish. If they don't crucify you for vomiting on their shoes, you will be home-free.
Sorry, I'm very busy here attending all matters. It should have read: Those that don't believe...

Only human, that's all!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #5040
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
There is a shampoo that takes care of the Kernids, but I understand your point.

I think that what the article is saying is something that Paul Kurtz long ago called the "transcendental temptation", a strong inclination to attribute unknown things to some great power sitting outside of nature and controlling it.

Some things are so big (hurricanes for example) they can only be controlled by something greater yet.

Part of the reason for this IMV is connected with our mechanism of empathy and our fear of personal injury. We desperately want retribution for bad things that happen, not just a perverse desire for vengeance, but to make such injuries very unlikely.

Who wants to tangle with a badass hurricane thrower just to hurt little old me? Even a rockslide that would break my leg will think twice when facing a god of all nature who is protecting me.

For a hurricane to be used as a punishment for some guy, say, cheating on his wife (a punishment imagined by her, most likely) it must be a vengeful God. In this way a genetically simple inclination can mentally leapfrog up to a white-bearded magic man in the sky.
That is exactly how many think, even today. But the God I know is far beyond any comprehension and that is why you do not understand Him. But come soon, you will.