Old 09-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
GeneralHeresy

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
Doest not thou art a spammer make hitherto.
I believe you mean "Do not thou..."

I would not and did not intend to...which I thought was clear by now.

Though I see what you mean, Irreligious, have you never been to a bar, and then gone back to someone's place for a party? Or been to a friend's place to pre-drink and then go elsewhere, whether to wander about town or what have you?

I'm sure with the amount of people on this forum, I am not taking anything away from it, and I simply wanted to make aware, to whoever happened over my thread, another place to hang out or visit.

I wouldn't think to try and take away from or equal the presence of Raving Atheists. I don't think I could. If the admins disapprove of my link posting, then I expect I shall hear from them and I will give the same response.

The forum is open to all, so I am not equal to a self-invited guest (the invite is apparent in the registration) and I did not once suggest that my blog was better or more interesting, and since a number of people from this forum have already made statements to the contrary, however rude they may be, I do not feel I've made an infraction upon my membership here.

If I've been impolite to the admins, I must say now, though I think already understood by all, that this was clearly not my intent, and though it seems many, with faltering points, think it must have been, I will simply go on to attempt what I had set out which was to have some interesting discussion about important topics, rather than silly in-fighting about posting a single link.

I'm sure, even if you're not tired of slagging fellow members of the forum, you have grown weary of something this simple and already exhausted.

Thank you for the luck Irreligious. It seems I will need it
GeneralHeresy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
GeneralHeresy

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
This group doesn't operate by a collective mind, very far from it. But thanks for showing your irrational generalization side, it's good to get to know people.
Right, well I'm glad I'm the only one of the two of us to generalize. For a second I thought we both were generalizing and we both were idiots (though I was doing it to point out the generalization you initially made).

The 'us and them' argument doesn'tamuse me especially when you precede it with an insult and follow it up with ignorance.

At any rate, perhaps, if you give any length of time between your slagging posts, I won't have to defend my position and will be able to carry on asking questions and engaging people about topics other than the ridiculousness here.

Thanks. I'm sure you'll continue believing that you understand my motives and desires better than myself, and wish you the best with that.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Irr, your patience continues to amaze me. The newcomer obviously did his homework in choosing this particular style of forum with which to share his wisdom. It’s so refreshing to read the incredibly low opinion a few of us are already held in.
Quote:
Splattered around the forum, after just a few days, the scintillatingly interesting newcomer wrote
I should get more poop jokes and silly mad-raving ridiculousness into my posts before I can be accepted.

some of you certainly can be terse and assholish

I don't see the usefulness in poop jokes completely spattering threads in this forum

I was insulted by some seemingly squabbling infants

I hope beyond hope that there is something more to this thread than one person's brilliance and a ton of immature ranting

I thought it possible to rave with intelligence.
Perhaps he doesn’t realise the abundance of other places he could drop in on – The Seriously Boring Atheist, Dull Atheist or The Bland, Yawning Unbelievers. Some of us actually enjoy letting our receding hair down and having a good honest cuss once in a while rather than offer token respect to the nauseating god-whallopers. Still, let’s see how many regulars enjoy his ‘wall of text’ style of writing – I don’t think I’ll be rushing back there.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
GeneralHeresy

SO! Skipping lightly past the ignorance and assholishness,

I recently read a piece in the Globe and Mail about a man is taking the Ontario school board to court for not accomodating his religious beliefs. The article can be found here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4533186/ (I hope I won't get slagged for posting this link).

I'm from Ontario and find more interesting the suggestion that this man should go to a catholic school to find religious instruction for his children. Ontario is one of a number of provinces in Canada that still publicly funds catholic schools.

I think it's appaling to fund a school system that teaches children that:

-the world is 6000 years old
-zombies walked the earth
-you can't wear clothes of more than one material
-penises must be sawn a bit before men are truly taken to be seen in the perfect image of god

Thoughts?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #20
GeneralHeresy

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Some of us actually enjoy letting our receding hair down and having a good honest cuss once in a while rather than offer token respect to the nauseating god-whallopers. Still, let’s see how many regulars enjoy his ‘wall of text’ style of writing – I don’t think I’ll be rushing back there.
I never said there was anything wrong with a good cuss...actually I supported swearing in argument after someone tried to say it was a way in which to show ignorance for the topic at hand...so...thanks for missing that one.

I may be wrong, I guess manners aren't a 'cool' thing for you, but disrespect doesn't seem to get an argument anywhere. Maybe we have different definitions of the same word. I don't mean you can't say what you think or feel, but it doesn't mean shouting out to the world that this person or that person is an idiot without actually discovering anything about anything they may know. But, then again, ignorance may be 'cool' for you too.

I didn't quote it here, but you mentioned something about my imparting wisdom, which is not my point. I'm not so arrogant as to think that I would be imparting wisdom on people, but I do like to talk things out and see different points of view and reason things through. I'm guessing that's not your aim on this forum, and that's fine.

As for my 'wall of text style of writing' I forgot that writing could be done without words and that people have lost the interest to read. Why would you be on a forum if you had to read, right?

Anyway, I appreciate your patience for continually finding something about me to say, and though my goal here isn't to atract many people to what I say, I hope some people to engage in discussion with me about something other than this silliness.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote View Post
Right, well I'm glad I'm the only one of the two of us to generalize. For a second I thought we both were generalizing and we both were idiots (though I was doing it to point out the generalization you initially made).
I did not generalize, so I guess that just makes you the idiot.

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
The 'us and them' argument doesn'tamuse me especially when you precede it with an insult and follow it up with ignorance.
Well, my precious, let me know what does amuse you. The point I made about a person approaching a group is valid, but given your posting history, I'm sure you don't have the ability to understand it.

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
At any rate, perhaps, if you give any length of time between your slagging posts, I won't have to defend my position and will be able to carry on asking questions and engaging people about topics other than the ridiculousness here.
Any length of time? Why there is always a length of time between my posts.

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
Thanks. I'm sure you'll continue believing that you understand my motives and desires better than myself, and wish you the best with that.
I never claimed to understand your motives or desires, where did you get this unfounded assertion from? I'd like to see the logic fail trail you've navigated from anything I said to this conclusion.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #22
GeneralHeresy

You did generalize actually, but that's fine, you'll think I'm an idiot either way and that seems to make you feel better, probably about yourself.

Making silly quips about my understanding and my intelligence doesn't really help any argument you may be trying to make, but since you'll feel the same way about my previous posts as those to come, and won't bother to actually attempt to understand what I'm trying to say, you go on enjoying those little slags.

I know you're not so stupid as to not know what I mean when I say 'any length of time' but your feigning ignorance to make room for sarcasm is cute.

You told me what I am thinking and what I am doing and my intentions behind those things...I think that's a claim to understand my motives and desires, but again your, I hope, feigned ignorance is the way you seem to have fun, so please continue to enjoy. I'm simply done with this little bit of absurdity.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote View Post
You did generalize actually, but that's fine, you'll think I'm an idiot either way and that seems to make you feel better, probably about yourself.
Where did I generalize?

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
Making silly quips about my understanding and my intelligence doesn't really help any argument you may be trying to make, but since you'll feel the same way about my previous posts as those to come, and won't bother to actually attempt to understand what I'm trying to say, you go on enjoying those little slags.
Ah, you poor thing, you couldn't come up with your own insult so you had to use mine. Go ahead, I consider them OpenSource.

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
I know you're not so stupid as to not know what I mean when I say 'any length of time' but your feigning ignorance to make room for sarcasm is cute.
I know, much cuter than yours.

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
You told me what I am thinking and what I am doing and my intentions behind those things...I think that's a claim to understand my motives and desires, but again your, I hope, feigned ignorance is the way you seem to have fun, so please continue to enjoy.
No I didn't, why are you lying? Is lying how you make yourself feel better about saying something that isn't true?

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
I'm simply done with this little bit of absurdity.
Good, maybe you'll stop lying and being little baby about the little things.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #24
GeneralHeresy

Please relax. There's no need to continue to insult and tell me what I'm doing, and suggest what I should do. Yes, much cuter than mine if that makes you feel better. If you think I've used your silly quips (which I haven't) then feel free to go on believing so. If you think I'm lying, and enjoy thinking so and calling me a little baby, then by all means continue to enjoy, as I'm sure you no doubt will.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #25
GeneralHeresy

So does anyone here care to discuss the father from Hamilton who is taking the Ontario school board to court on charges of discrimination of his religious beliefs?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #26
Davin
Obsessed Member

I am very relaxed, what would make you think that I'm not?

But I do want to know why you're lying. Why did you say that I did things that I didn't do?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
GeneralHeresy

I didn't. But you'll not be convinced. So, you might as well leave well enough alone.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #28
Davin
Obsessed Member

You said that I told you what you're thinking and what you're doing and your intentions behind those things. Being as I've never done that, why did you say that I did?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
GeneralHeresy

You said I'm lying, before that you said I was being a baby, before that you suggested that I lie to make myself feel better, before that you said I couldn't come up with my own insult (as if to suggest that I want to insult you), before that you said I didn't have ability to understand you, before that you accused me of being a spammer and not being able to understand the definition, before that you said the concept of other people's points of view was beyond me, before that you said I was an idiot, before that you accused me of generalizing when I was speaking of you talking about 'your side of the mirror' as if to make an 'us and them' argument as if to bring to bear all of the power of the whole forum down upon me when only a few other members had been sharing in your slagging of me (that's generalizing also by the way), and before that you specifically called me a spammer.

In all of that, at one point or another, you tell me what I'm doing, what I should be doing, my desires and what kind of person I am...so, now that I've shown you that I am not lying, I vote for leaving well enough alone. Thank you.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote