Old 12-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
Gathercole wrote
Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
The problem with torture is that it is inefficient. When you get information, you stop the torture until you check up on it to verify if it is true.

People will say ANYTHING so that the torture stops.
It's true that you get a lot of false information. But you also get true information that you would have no chance of getting without torture. So it may not be efficient, but it is effective. In any case, the reason we should oppose torture is because it violates fundamental human rights, not because it's "inefficient." If a study proved to you that torture were effective, would you start supporting it? I hope not.
That is kind of the point I was making. In order to justify torture it would have to be non-harmful AND you would have to know that the torture-ee had the information you wanted. If the would-be effective torture technique didn't cause physical or permanent mental harm there would be no reason not to use it.

As far as modern torture goes, there is no way to guarantee that you will get the information so there is no reason to risk harm to somebody.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #17
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
Quote:
Gathercole wrote
Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
The problem with torture is that it is inefficient. When you get information, you stop the torture until you check up on it to verify if it is true.

People will say ANYTHING so that the torture stops.
It's true that you get a lot of false information. But you also get true information that you would have no chance of getting without torture. So it may not be efficient, but it is effective. In any case, the reason we should oppose torture is because it violates fundamental human rights, not because it's "inefficient." If a study proved to you that torture were effective, would you start supporting it? I hope not.
That is kind of the point I was making. In order to justify torture it would have to be non-harmful AND you would have to know that the torture-ee had the information you wanted. If the would-be effective torture technique didn't cause physical or permanent mental harm there would be no reason not to use it.

As far as modern torture goes, there is no way to guarantee that you will get the information so there is no reason to risk harm to somebody.
Non-harmful torture? Hmmm... :/

I don't know, to me torture is similar to the death penalty, in that I support it in principal, but in reality it's pretty flawed.

Blah blah blah, cliche scenario, nuclear bomb somewhere in New York, only one man knows where it is. Is torture justifed? Fuck yeah, it is.

But the justice system is flawed from the police on up to the courts, so I don't know. It's a tough topic.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:54 AM   #18
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Non-harmful torture? Hmmm... :/

I don't know, to me torture is similar to the death penalty, in that I support it in principal, but in reality it's pretty flawed.

Blah blah blah, cliche scenario, nuclear bomb somewhere in New York, only one man knows where it is. Is torture justifed? Fuck yeah, it is.

But the justice system is flawed from the police on up to the courts, so I don't know. It's a tough topic.
But torture isn't a guaranteed way to get the info. If they keep saying "I know nothing"- do you keep torturing them uselessly? The best way to get info would be with some sort of drugs that make people talk, not by pain or pleasure but by making them not care if they talk.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #19
HappyNat

Quote:
BuzzKill wrote
OMGZ!!!1! Yu guyz r rly mean! Rape is rly bad!
OMG!!!!!1 R U 4 real??? Like why do you hate freedom????1??!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #20
Rat Bastard

I guess the question is, regarding raping a guy in the mouth....do you knock his teeth out first? cuz I know what would happen if it was tried on me.....though I hope it never does- I don't want to go down in history as a "cockbite", unless it's the head (cranial) of a male chicken.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #21
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Got any Grey Poupon?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #22
joni

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
I guess the question is, regarding raping a guy in the mouth....do you knock his teeth out first? cuz I know what would happen if it was tried on me.....though I hope it never does- I don't want to go down in history as a "cockbite", unless it's the head (cranial) of a male chicken.
Ooh, ooh, you could have a woman wearing a strap-on rape his mouth! Wouldn't that be just dandy? :thumbsup:
Old 12-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #23
Baphomet

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Bite his cock off and spit it back in his face "Suck your own dick, fucker!" That sounds like something they would put in Sin City
. Hahahahah.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #24
Rat Bastard

:o you one wild woman!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #26
joni

That'll learn 'em.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #27
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
The justice system is flawed? It sure is! Way too many guilty fucks get off because the prosecution is forced to play by the rules and the defence is not. But what are you gonna do, it's the system we have to live with...

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #28
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

One word why the justice system is flawed. Christ-psychosis. One must realize Atheists can NOT be allowed to become judges or be elected to office...then we have that compendium of delusional falsehoods that everyone must use to swear to tell the truth on..:lol::lol:..

The justice system of the US is identical, IMHO, of the one patients at an insane asylum would create if they would be allowed to do so.

One must realize delusional schizotype folks are running the US, as well as many nations on this planet. Sane folks, aka, atheists are extremely few.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:47 PM   #29
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
I guess the question is, regarding raping a guy in the mouth....do you knock his teeth out first? cuz I know what would happen if it was tried on me.....

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:14 PM   #30
Cobra

Quote:
HappyNat wrote
Quote:
BuzzKill wrote
OMGZ!!!1! Yu guyz r rly mean! Rape is rly bad!
OMG!!!!!1 R U 4 real??? Like why do you hate freedom????1??!
Bush hasn't done shit to protect our freedom. If they want to get information out of these people it should be played on the field of mental interrogation. None of this physical dog rape bullshit.

We're supposed to be the civilized team, not the barbaric team, aka the terrorists.

P.S. If you've seen a dog fucking a human it looks pretty uncivilized.