Old 05-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #5596
Hobotronic2037

Q. Why do mermaids wear sea shells?
A. Because they’re too large for B shells.

Ba-dum-bum.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #5597
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Hobotronic2037 wrote View Post
I never said god, who doesn’t exist, is required to do anything. That would be ridiculous. The nonexistent can’t be required to do anything except not exist.

However, according to your stupid bible: “All thing are possible to him who believes.” Jesus said that in one of your gospels. I forget which.

So all you have to do is believe and the bipolar will be cured. Right?
Are you referring to this Mark 9:23?
New International Version

1. "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."

Everything is indeed possible for one who believes, but God has an ultimate plan. His illness may be helping someone else out in some manner. He is the ultimate good guy when he is in the psych unit. He likes to help others there when he gets stabilized on meds and encourage them them to take their meds, follow medical advice, things lilke that.

He may have helped countless of people by sharing how awful things get when he does quit taking the meds. That said meds like Lithium can have terrible side effects which is why people don't take them.

That might be the best example and I know you don't believe in God and an ultimate plan but in some way you are put here for a purpose to help others and you have probably done so without even knowing it.

Hebrews 13:2New International Version

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Thus, many atheists will be in heaven and many hypocritical, self serving,
Pharisee like Christians will be in hell.

Regards,

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #5598
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
WHY the fuck would that matter? It says what it says.
Because it's the Word of God.

JJ
Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #5599
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Okeh I get it. Anyone who wants to rape children, rob people, sell their anus, drink meths, watch cricket, but is worried about punishment after death, would be advised to be a christian so they can get off scot free.

Won't you tell us your crimes, other than the obvious uncleanliness?
Why do you think they will get off "scot free?" There is no such Bible verse that says as such; do whatever the fuck you want and you will get off "scot free."

Repentance is necessary. Raping children is a grave sin and refusing to repent and quit is ,um, well the Bible is clear on that issue. That includes clergy including Catholic priests, Protestant pastors, dear ole dad or step dad, neighbor Joe, Uncle Fred. coaches, strangers and everyone involved in such evil acts, and women rarely, but it does happen as well. ANYONE who hurts children is in for a big HELL-ish surprise.

Here is one for raping children for ya,:

New International Version: Mark 9:42

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

Robbing: Thou shalt not steal
Selling Your Body or Anus, Meth: Your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit
Watch Cricket: Damned for all time.......

JJ
Old 05-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #5600
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
Are you referring to this Mark 9:23?
New International Version

1. "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."

Everything is indeed possible for one who believes, but God has an ultimate plan.
If EVERYTHING is possible why would the plan of a god stand in your way. Words mean things. EVERYTHING means you can overrule god.

Quote:
That said meds like Lithium can have terrible side effects which is why people don't take them.
Yeah from what I hear a lot of those drugs are nasty. I’ve also heard that a lot of bipolar people love the feeling of a manic episode, and use the excuse of drug intolerance to stop taking their meds to ride the high. It’s a pretty brutal illness I hear. I hope he gets better.

Quote:
That might be the best example and I know you don't believe in God and an ultimate plan but in some way you are put here for a purpose to help others and you have probably done so without even knowing it.
But why do you need to believe in a god to help people or to have a purpose? Mutually beneficial transactions and acts of kindness happen by the billions every single day. No god necessary. Purpose and fulfillment don’t need a god, just human beings being true to their natures.

Quote:
Hebrews 13:2New International Version

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Ok. Two two things. Why do Christians need to be told and threatened with supernatural consequences and creepy imaginary angels and shit to show hospitality to strangers? Why wouldn’t they just be nice on their own?

Two. I thought Christians hold that their belief in and surrender to god’s sacrifice in Jesus Christ is essential to getting to heaven. How would an atheist get to heaven, a place that does not exist?? That makes zero sense. You get a F for that one. How can an atheist go to heaven if they don’t believe in jesus or god. Is “good works” your doctrine du jour?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #5601
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Why do you think they will get off "scot free?" There is no such Bible verse that says as such; do whatever the fuck you want and you will get off "scot free."

Repentance is necessary. Raping children is a grave sin and refusing to repent and quit is ,um, well the Bible is clear on that issue. That includes clergy including Catholic priests, Protestant pastors, dear ole dad or step dad, neighbor Joe, Uncle Fred. coaches, strangers and everyone involved in such evil acts, and women rarely, but it does happen as well. ANYONE who hurts children is in for a big HELL-ish surprise.

Here is one for raping children for ya,:

New International Version: Mark 9:42

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

Robbing: Thou shalt not steal
Selling Your Body or Anus, Meth: Your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit
Watch Cricket: Damned for all time.......

JJ
The Bible says that you can beat your slaves, but if you beat them to death you can be punished. The test is if you beat them almost to death and they don’t die for a couple of days you’re golden.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #5602
Hobotronic2037

Quote:

JJ
Liar.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #5603
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:

Regards,

JJ
That includes you, you OLD, dirty, smelly, senile, stupid, ugly, dumb, programmed, ovine-like, papits bitch with the incontinence panties that smell of piss.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #5604
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
And your proof is? You OLD, dirty, smelly, senile, stupid, ugly, dumb, programmed, ovine-like, papits bitch with the incontinence panties that smell of piss.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #5605
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I definitely know more.

JJ
You definitely fuckin' don't you OLD, dirty, smelly, senile, stupid, ugly, dumb, programmed, ovine-like, papits bitch with the incontinence panties that smell of piss.

Bleedin' liar.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:15 AM   #5606
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Hey, you OLD, dirty, smelly, senile, stupid, ugly, dumb, programmed, ovine-like, papits bitch with the incontinence panties that smell of piss, did you get filled up to the brim with shit freshly laid by the pulpit pillock yesterday, it being lard ass day?

Old 05-28-2018, 01:20 AM   #5607
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

[quote=Hobotronic2037;694027]If EVERYTHING is possible why would the plan of a god stand in your way. Words mean things. EVERYTHING means you can overrule god.

Yeah from what I hear a lot of those drugs are nasty. I’ve also heard that a lot of bipolar people love the feeling of a manic episode, and use the excuse of drug intolerance to stop taking their meds to ride the high. It’s a pretty brutal illness I hear. I hope he gets better.

But why do you need to believe in a god to help people or to have a purpose? Mutually beneficial transactions and acts of kindness happen by the billions every single day. No god necessary. Purpose and fulfillment don’t need a god, just human beings being true to their natures.

Ok. Two two things. Why do Christians need to be told and threatened with supernatural consequences and creepy imaginary angels and shit to show hospitality to strangers? Why wouldn’t they just be nice on their own?

Two. I thought Christians hold that their belief in and surrender to god’s sacrifice in Jesus Christ is essential to getting to heaven. How would an atheist get to heaven, a place that does not exist?? That makes zero sense. You get a F for that one. How can an atheist go to heaven if they don’t believe in jesus or god. Is “good works” your doctrine du jour?[/QUOT

This is a well thought out post and I will think about the best way to respond as soon as I can.

You are spot on with the fact that manic people do indeed enjoy the initial phase of mania; they sleep little, accomplish much but the problem is they can spend excessive amounts of money and drain entire bank accounts while manic and end up broke during a manic spell. Also, they can be sexually promiscuous in big ways and my friend has been through both of these mentioned issues. He is now divorced as when the depression sets in it is horrible for those with bipolar disease.

Thank you for noting you hope he gets better. I do too and also hope that soon better drugs are available with less side effects.

Regards,

JJ
Old 05-28-2018, 01:22 AM   #5608
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
And your proof is? You OLD, dirty, smelly, senile, stupid, ugly, dumb, programmed, ovine-like, papits bitch with the incontinence panties that smell of piss.
Cupcake,

The proof is in the Bible itself. It declares itself the Word of God.

JJ
Old 05-28-2018, 01:43 AM   #5609
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Bible says that you can beat your slaves, but if you beat them to death you can be punished. The test is if you beat them almost to death and they don’t die for a couple of days you’re golden.
The Bible needs to be read in context of the time and situation in which an issue is addressed. Google is your friend when it comes to exegesis of specific passages of the Bile.

"Feedback: Does the Bible Encourage Masters to Beat Their Slaves?
by Troy Lacey and Avery Foley on April 13, 2018
Share:

Join Ken Ham, Pastor John MacArthur, and AiG’s speakers this October as we address foundational questions on the character of God’s Word.

Find Out More
The Bible says it’s ok to beat your slaves as long as they don’t die immediately. Another is rape victims being forced to marry their attacker. I can’t think of any context where either of these things would be acceptable to me.
Have you ever used the Bible as your authority on a social issue, such as abortion or gay “marriage,” only to receive a response like the Facebook feedback above? People will often object to the Bible as the moral authority by bringing up passages from Scripture that they don’t like or (more often) a misconception about a biblical passage they often have never even read.

We will answer the above misguided statement in two separate articles, addressing the two questions, “Does the Bible teach that masters can beat their slaves?” and “Does the Bible teach that sexual assault victims must marry their attackers?”

Clearing Up Some Misconceptions
The Old Testament Law does touch on the issue of slavery, including several laws about it. Most of these laws were actually proscriptive (imposing restraints or restrictions). But before we look at what the Bible says on this issue, please note these four things:

The Bible includes one book, the epistle to Philemon, specifically written to a slave owner (Philemon), yet people who object to what the Bible says about slavery rarely, if ever, mention this fact. It would be wise to see what the Bible has to say in this book.
The world of the Old Testament was very different from our modern one. Many of the solutions that work after a nation has been conquered today would not have worked in the ancient, largely agrarian societies of the time. We must take care not to impose our modern setting or circumstances into the text.
When those of us in the West think of slavery, we typically picture the horrible days of “race”-based slavery that involved kidnapping people and selling them in other nations. Such a practice is utterly condemned in Scripture (as we will see) and is not what the Bible is referring to in the context of Israel. You can learn more about what slavery was like in biblical times in the article “Doesn’t the Bible Support Slavery?”
Texts regarding slavery throughout the Old Testament Law are often prefaced by the reminder that the Israelites were once slaves in Egypt—a reminder to “do unto others” (Luke 6:31 KJV).
Why Does the Bible Address Slavery?
GOD KNOWS THE HEARTS OF MEN, THAT THEY ARE DISOBEDIENT.
Early in their history, the Israelites had taken captives (Genesis 34:27–311). God knows the hearts of men, that they are disobedient. If he had issued a unilateral rule that all slavery was a capital offense for the Israelites, this would have drastically changed how they waged war and dealt with all their enemies. At that time, conquered enemies were either made slaves or wives or were killed (more on this below). Also, the Israelites probably would have eventually ignored this rule like they ignored many of God’s other rules. If this were the case, their subsequent slaves would have been treated harshly, particularly with no God-given rules regulating the practice of slavery on the books. For the Israelites, who often wanted to be like the nations around them (Deuteronomy 17:14; 1 Samuel 8:19–20), being allowed to have slaves would have likely pacified them, but still allowed God to institute laws which enforced humane treatment of slaves. It may even have played to nationalistic pride where the Israelites could point out that their slaves were treated better than those of surrounding nations..."

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-q...-their-slaves/

JJ
Old 05-28-2018, 02:12 AM   #5610
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Cupcake,

The proof is in the Bible itself. It declares itself the Word of God.

JJ
I declare myself a goddess and you will obey me, low-life.

Fuck me, Harry Potter must also be true then you OLD, dirty, smelly, senile, stupid, ugly, dumb, programmed, ovine-like, papits bitch with the incontinence panties that smell of piss.