Old 01-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #16
Sol

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
..............why 5 million Jocks are getting special treatment.
Getting special treatment ?? what special treatment.

We have the opportunity to change things to our benefit. It may be an almighty clusterfuck, but local people get to decide....

You have the same opportunities for change down there....good luck with that.

The Scottish Gross National income is higher than the UK put together.
The Scottish GDP figure is higher than the UK put together.

Now tell me how that adds up to show any form of parity.

It's not a case of special treatment more the need for a fairer and even treatment......

You kind of need to live here to feel the Westminster butt-fuck the Scottish get... without even the courtesy of being taken out for a meal first or getting flowers.....

and whats worse.... after we've been fucked by Westminster, we're still left to sleep on the wet patch.

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:18 AM   #17
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Hmmmmm, not sure that is as you say. I mean how much of that GDP is based on government jobs that cater for the whole of the UK? (I don't know the answer). No chance in hell of any UK government post separation allowing that cash cow to proceed, unless they are not after getting re elected. That leads me on to the second point of the bad taste that will be left/felt. Is it really worth it? Do Scots really feel they are going to be that better off? I mean really? Everyone thinks Westminster fucks them, like I said it doesn't mean that every pocket of disgruntled Brits can just become separatist. I personally don't think much will change if I am honest, for the average bear. A lot could go wrong though, like I said, is it really worth the risk? I don't know.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 AM   #18
Sol

Quote:
Hmmmmm, not sure that is as you say. I mean how much of that GDP is based on government jobs that cater for the whole of the UK? (I don't know the answer).
As far as I'm aware... GDP no it isn't. GNI yes it is (public sector wages etc)
Don't want to go all Victus and Brick on ya, Think of it as the jobs and work is safe.....we just get a new boss ! (Scottish Government Public sector jobs )

Quote:
Is it really worth it? Do Scots really feel they are going to be that better off? I mean really? Everyone thinks Westminster fucks them, like I said it doesn't mean that every pocket of disgruntled Brits can just become separatist. I personally don't think much will change if I am honest, for the average bear. A lot could go wrong though, like I said, is it really worth the risk? I don't know.
Personal opinion.......ALL change is worth it, ye we may fuck it up completely, or just a little bit or not at all. It may well be New Boss same as the old Boss.
But...... It's change- and for me, that's the "exciting bit"
Not sure whats gonna happen........ but it's gonna be fucking scary AND exciting....

Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 AM   #19
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

As long as you lot pay for all your own shit, great, go ahead - but of course, Broxburn will remain a protected enclave, with safe passage for factory output to the border.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #20
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
As long as you lot pay for all your own shit, great, go ahead - but of course, Broxburn will remain a protected enclave, with safe passage for factory output to the border.
When you die, taxes will have to rise, then they'll come crawling back with kilts round their ankles.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #21
Sol

Quote:
Broxburn will remain a protected enclave, with safe passage for factory output to the border.
Naturally, I'll put this important matter to the committee for overseas development.....

But ya know.......Mrs Sol and all the little Sols' be needing clothes an shit. I'm not seeing any mention of remuneration for helping a fella do a favour for another fella.........if you catch my drift

Old 01-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #22
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Oh, I'm sure some lucrative bi-lateral trade agreements can be negotiated - not forgetting of course, that I'll require free access to the last 47 Munros I still need to grace with English urine.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 AM   #23
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
As far as I'm aware... GDP no it isn't. GNI yes it is (public sector wages etc)
Don't want to go all Victus and Brick on ya, Think of it as the jobs and work is safe.....we just get a new boss ! (Scottish Government Public sector jobs )

Personal opinion.......ALL change is worth it, ye we may fuck it up completely, or just a little bit or not at all. It may well be New Boss same as the old Boss.
But...... It's change- and for me, that's the "exciting bit"
Not sure whats gonna happen........ but it's gonna be fucking scary AND exciting....
And I think that is exactly what the whole thing rests on actually. Just liking a change, grass is greener etc. There are no real reasons why Scotland shouldn't be independent, or London, Manchester or my village of Irthlingborough for that matter.

I would check up on just how dependent you all are on socially based industry. The Scottish gov won't be able to uphold offices designed for the whole country just to deal with a new Scotland surely.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #24
Sol

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure some lucrative bi-lateral trade agreements can be negotiated - not forgetting of course, that I'll require free access to the last 47 Munros I still need to grace with English urine.
Sweet, you now it makes sense.

As for the the Munros I know a man who knows a bloke and I'm sure I can get you through the paperwork, saves having to wade through all the future tourist crap and having to queue up at Drumochter......

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #25
Sol

Quote:
And I think that is exactly what the whole thing rests on actually. Just liking a change, grass is greener etc. There are no real reasons why Scotland shouldn't be independent, or London, Manchester or my village of Irthlingborough for that matter.
In a nutshell, dude. If all the shite coming out of Westminster is so parochial anyway.. why not go the whole hog.....?

Quote:
I would check up on just how dependent you all are on socially based industry. The Scottish gov won't be able to uphold offices designed for the whole country just to deal with a new Scotland surely.
Policy and procedure are already in place, based on the partial devolved government process we went though last time.... so we is all good to go !

Old 01-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #26
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Not sure it is, there are HQ's up there, (I think), that are national bases that would not stay there after independence. If there aren't I accept this is an invalid point of course. Have you thought about voting Conservative and keeping Labour out of government for good?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #27
Sol

Quote:
Not sure it is, there are HQ's up there, (I think), that are national bases that would not stay there after independence.
Oh them... yep. Well Scotland would still be strategically important so British coalition, United nations merrykey etc would be saying "Don't move that we're playing "Risk" with real weapons.... it fucks up the whole game"

Quote:
Have you thought about voting Conservative and keeping Labour out of government for good?
I have used up my quota of Fuck Off today so I will simply say...........
Fuck off on a big fuck off bus, heading down fuck off street to fuck off. When you reach fuck off.....stay the fuck there in the off position.

Thanks awfuckfully

Old 01-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #28
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
Oh them... yep. Well Scotland would still be strategically important so British coalition, United nations merrykey etc would be saying "Don't move that we're playing "Risk" with real weapons.... it fucks up the whole game"

I have used up my quota of Fuck Off today so I will simply say...........
Fuck off on a big fuck off bus, heading down fuck off street to fuck off. When you reach fuck off.....stay the fuck there in the off position.

Thanks awfuckfully
There are a few things that are run in Scotland for UK significance. Obviously the last of the ship building, government offices for the whole UK. They wont be able to remain once independence is finalised. So I can put you down as a Tory maybe?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #29
Sol

Quote:
So I can put you down as a Tory maybe?
Naw...........put me down as "undecided" ......