Old 12-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #211
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You can believe whatever you want. I will always be thankful God made the genealogies discordant.
So, I take that as your confession that there is blatant falsehood in those lists. Therefore, even though you can make up a feel-god story, the word of God cannot include lies so this book cannot be the word of God.

According to your wiener-wringing approach to reading, a document that said "Note, warning, this is NOT the word of God and no God exists" would just be an illustrative fib that proves the text really IS the word of God and God really does exist.

This is mental gymnastics, on your part, of a high caliber. Only a religious person could squirm and slither to turn an obvious lie into some Bizarro-world truth. We have been told often enough that Satan is the Prince of lies. Now you tell us that God conveys His revelations to us via lies as well.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #212
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

There you go EGOr! Fables and endless genealogies, that would be the whole bible wouldn't it?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #213
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Hey, idiot, excuse me...the man asked me a question and I answered it. He thinks there's an error in the scripture based on the genealogy of Joseph, and I showed him how it's not an error to me at all but in fact a way, I believe, God has used to expand our understanding of the Gospel message. You don't agree--fine. What difference does it make? You don't believe in God, anyway. If there is no God, who cares if the Bible has errors in it?

He says it's an error. I say it's not because it's too instructive and would be less instructive if it wasn't there. In other words, I need that discordance to be there.

Of course you're going to see it as an error, because you don't search out the meaning of scripture. Because you don't believe in God!

Inerrant.
Inerrant liar! What a slimy turd you are!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #214
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
That's the problem with Christians, especially Egor.

He can't comprehend anything that isn't "Jesus is the best!". It's not his fault, christians are taught to reject reality, and substitute it with their own.

It's sort of like a really, really crappy version of mythbusters. Except that they are more "mythcreators"...."mythbelievers", even.

They cannot handle the idea of having to be responsible for their own thoughts, their own actions. they cannot handle the idea that nobody out there gives a fuck about what happens to them after they die.

They cannot handle the fact that after all, they're just human.

So they cover their eyes to anything that illuminates the truth, fervently denying it whenever it is presented to them.

And when they die, they end up sad, pathetic, and alone.

Should we feel sorry for them? No. We try to reach out to them, show them the truth. But in return all they do is cover their eyes and ears further and yell as loud as they can to convince themselves that they aren't alone, they don't have to take any responsibility for their actions (it's all god's doing!).

Then they try to make us live our lives in the way that will stop the light of truth ever reaching them. They try to shut down rational thought wherever it pops up.

They stop people from having basic human rights, all so that they can live in their comfortable fantasy world.

In short, religion turns people into monsters.
Egor is a severely twisted individual. He cannot be trusted to tell the truth about simple things, so who but an equally-perverse person or a complete imbecile would take his word for anything else?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #215
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
@Ghoulslime: Thanks. Looks as if ole Egor isn't so bad after all. Have I done him wrong? But he is a sly devil.
Egor should stick to cross dressing. We will get no other use from him.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #216
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Congratulations on getting your avatar back, Egor! Are we to assume that the "V" no longer stands for "Vagina"? Did you know that the cross is a phallic symbol? I think that a vagina would be a nice complement to the penis on your avatar.

I don't see the need for you threatening to ignore my sincere questions. It seems rather combative. Also, suggesting that my questions are diminutive and inconsequential, before you have even heard the questions, does not indicate an intention on your part to be forthright in answering them. But alrighty then! With my hands trembling with great trepidation, I will venture the initial questions.

Lets start with three questions:

1. Do you believe the story of Noah's Ark to be true?

2. Do you accept the factual findings of the world scientific community in regard to the evolution of humans from apes?

3. Do you believe that Mithra was born to a virgin mother, fathered by God, was God incarnate, and died for our sins so that we can live forever?
And where were the answers that Egor promised to give to my straightforward questions?

What a vile liar!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #217
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
So, I take that as your confession that there is blatant falsehood in those lists. Therefore, even though you can make up a feel-god story, the word of God cannot include lies so this book cannot be the word of God.

According to your wiener-wringing approach to reading, a document that said "Note, warning, this is NOT the word of God and no God exists" would just be an illustrative fib that proves the text really IS the word of God and God really does exist.

This is mental gymnastics, on your part, of a high caliber. Only a religious person could squirm and slither to turn an obvious lie into some Bizarro-world truth. We have been told often enough that Satan is the Prince of lies. Now you tell us that God conveys His revelations to us via lies as well.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Egor is a liar. His religion is also a lie.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #218
ghoulslime
I Live Here

"But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"
2 Kings 18:27 KJV

Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #219
West491
Obsessed Member

Egor, if we can't comprehend god, then why are you not content with having your own personal relationship with him and leaving us alone?
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #220
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Credit where credit is due - I've said this before, I'll say it again. You really have a knack for talking shit - for talking a straight forward topic, twisting it until the original topic is no longer present, and then re-presenting it to reflect your agenda, absent the original idea. You can take that as a compliment or as an insult, I don't care.

It's a skill that most politicians and evangelical speakers have. Unfortunately it only tends to work on those that are already tended towards sharing the opinion that you have, or the stupid (which in this case is pretty much the same thing).

I fear that if your goal is to convince those that don't share your ideals that you are correct, you are finding yourself far off the mark. Anyone who cares to can dissect your arguments and see that you are not fairly representing anything. Those who are inclined to hear what you have to say, however, will probably listen to you.

You may even find yourself gaining some recognition amongst those people.

So if all you are after is some empty ( and very, very minor) celebrity amongst the hardcore crazies, congratulations, I fear you just may get it.

But if you were searching for anything more meaningful, I would suggest trying to go down a different path. Try honesty, that might do you some good.

Of course, given that Christians lack the ability to be honest (their worldview calls for delusion on a grand scale), you may find yourself alienating your only possible audience if you do. Though, like I said, given that you guys have to be dishonest if you want to continue living this lie, I doubt you could tell the truth if you wanted to.

I want to give you a basic example of what I mean - using your response as a guide, but seeking a seperate end point, I'll see if I can twist it it to meet my desired end meaning, much like you set your desired end and worked your logic there, instead of letting it follow a natural course.

Jesus is an Alien

What if God didn’t want us to dismiss these as historical records? What if
He wanted us to look deeper into them? If the two genealogies don’t jive,
what does that mean?

I’ve always thought it meant that the genealogies didn’t matter. But why
wouldn’t it matter? Perhaps because God wants me to realize that Jesus isn’t
like any earthly king.

And then I begin to think about what god would be saying, if his Earthly lineage cannot be traced back, then I see how Jesus had his 12 apostles, the same number of constelations in the horoscope, and I see that Jesus was the "Sun" (son) in the middle.

Then I see that Jesus isn’t like Henry the VIII or Herod the Great. I see
that he’s more powerful than they are. And I see why he had a crown of
thorns and not a crown of Gold, the thorns representing the stars, the birthplace of jesus, because he wasn’t like an earthly king who was born to an earthly throne.

Suddenly, the genealogies make perfect sense. Jesus wasn't a human at all, rather the son of "god" - another alien race who came here to experiment, using their superior scientific powers. And then I realize why healing the blind was such a heralded miracle that Jesus performed!
Heaven, then, must be the place where god resides - the ship that brought them here.

And if he can do that by the Word of God, then it’s true when he says,
“Heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.” And then I realize that they must have back-ups of the bible stored on their home planet just in case they do something stupid like blow up the earth and take their ship with it.

In what you thought was a mistake, I found the whole Gospel message
contained.

You can believe whatever you want. I will always be thankful God made the genealogies discordant.

Okay, so it lacks the prose of yours, but I think you might see my point.

Wait, what am I saying? You're dense as fuck, of course you don't see my point. Oh well.
Masterfully done. But, yes, he is as dense as fuck.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #221
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
Egor, if we can't comprehend god, then why are you not content with having your own personal relationship with him and leaving us alone?

Because Egor is a mighty crusader for his delusions of grandeur!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #222
Broga
Obsessed Member

Egor is like Humpty Dumpty in Alice Through the Looking-Glass:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I chose it to mean, - neither more nor less."

The difference is that Lewis Carrol wrote a masterpiece and knew exactly what he was doing. Poor Egor neither knows what he is doing nor what he intends to mean. He is baffled and furious and spewing out any nonsense which enters his superstition addled brain. His desperate lashing out does indicate the erosion of his religious certainty. Either his God is illiterate and confused or he didn't write Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #223
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

If we are supposed to just interpret this bible thing, why did god not just leave the pages blank and then guide you into writing his will Egor? What a wast eof time to dictate a book that wasn't able to be read, but needs interpretation, without any clarification , mind you, as to whether you are interpreting it right. You puzzle me and make my ball sack itch.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #224
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Egor is like Humpty Dumpty in Alice Through the Looking-Glass:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I chose it to mean, - neither more nor less."

The difference is that Lewis Carrol wrote a masterpiece and knew exactly what he was doing. Poor Egor neither knows what he is doing nor what he intends to mean. He is baffled and furious and spewing out any nonsense which enters his superstition addled brain. His desperate lashing out does indicate the erosion of his religious certainty. Either his God is illiterate and confused or he didn't write Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Egor is merely content to smear his feces around with admiration for his work.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #225
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
If we are supposed to just interpret this bible thing, why did god not just leave the pages blank and then guide you into writing his will Egor? What a wast eof time to dictate a book that wasn't able to be read, but needs interpretation, without any clarification , mind you, as to whether you are interpreting it right. You puzzle me and make my ball sack itch.
You should have had second thoughts the moment you saw Egor's scaly ass crack