Old 08-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #16
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #17
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

At least the "Does God Exist" discussion on this thread involves science.

By the way - I should point on that the God like being I'm proposing is in a way the Atheist's God. You guys should promote rather than refute!!

Please understand that no Theist would like, or accept my evolution model for God - Why, because Biblical and Quaranic God's simply exist in perfect all knowing form without prior development or explanation. Theists would take great offence at an idea that God evolved from nature.

The only question to me is how strong and capable can a being get given infinite capacity for evolution a priori?

Its not hard to belief, given the principle of modesty their should be some evolved beings better than us meager humans- and just get one with grasp of science to walk on water and wella - there's Jesus!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #18
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
At least the "Does God Exist" discussion on this thread involves science.

NO, it DOESN'T. Pseudoscience, fallacy, cunning distortions of science, is not science. Science is observation and evidence based. There exists not one iota of evidence for your skygod.

THAT WHICH IS PRESENTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE CAN BE DISMISSED WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Got some?....present it. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #19
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Andrew66 wrote:

Quote:
By the way - I should point on that the God like being I'm proposing is in a way the Atheist's God. You guys should promote rather than refute!!
A great Atheist God would be Priapus. I'm pretty sure He evolved.....

Old 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #20
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Te atheist gods are e.t.'s, luckily there is no evidence of their existence or we might be vermin to them.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #21
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Andrew66 wrote:

Quote:
The only question to me is how strong and capable can a being get given infinite capacity for evolution a priori?
Other than a fallacy essential to your "theory", what evidence do you have for the infinite capacity of evolution? Humans evolved to a problematic limit - brain size. Birth is already a painful process, and any increase in size of the brain, would make a normal birth impossible.

Then there are whales and elephants, with brains much larger than ours. Howcome they are not of superior intelligence and power to us?

Quote:
"The Big Bang ostensibly brought everything within our universe into existence, including our universe's space / time continuum.
The Big Bang is silent to what first caused it, or space and time in a broader more general sense which may relate to preceding or concurrent universes or cosmological states."
Whatever preceeded the Big Bang had to shrink down to a singularity, which would have been destructive of time, space, and any material therein. That would include your evolved superbeing. Unless, of course, you have discovered a way around that little problem.

Quote:
The Big Bang is silent to what first caused it, or space and time in a broader more general sense which may relate to preceding or concurrent universes or cosmological states."
Evidence for your concurrent universes? Envisage any with intelligent evolved teapots? Why not?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #22
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

You guys, respectfully, are just throwing objections to the wind hoping something will stick.

Infinite capacity for evolution ? As I've tried to explain pre big bang theories / scientific speculations supported by mathematical models (whatever you call them) all have in common the theme that temporal states, with no absolute beginning, preceded and gave rise to our universe. There is therefore an implicit infinite regression of temporal states. So long as even a tiny minority of infinity (still an infinity) of pre big bang cosmological states enabled evoluton, then their is infinite potential for evolution. Perhaps you like the term "potential" rather than "capacity" - my bad. How great a being can become given infinite potential for evolution (I suppose we can call that "capacity") remains a question - but principle of modesty certainly suggests greater than us puny humans.

Singularity bullshit: Pre Big Bang theorists generally don't believe in singularities - that they "actually" exist. Singularities are just resultant extrapolations taken from cosmologic modelling equations - but most physicists don't really believe in their existence. Anyway - pre big bang theorists hypothesize that their is stuff and space beyond our universe which gave rise to the quantum world of our earliest universe. Please don't say that space and time began at the big bang - I"ve already covered that - its all about semantics.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #23
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Te atheist gods are e.t.'s, luckily there is no evidence of their existence or we might be vermin to them.
I have no trouble with this

The Atheist God is an ET. That's fine by me!

Dogpet, when shall I schedule your baptism???
Old 08-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #24
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
NO, it DOESN'T. Pseudoscience, fallacy, cunning distortions of science, is not science. Science is observation and evidence based. There exists not one iota of evidence for your skygod.

THAT WHICH IS PRESENTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE CAN BE DISMISSED WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Got some?....present it. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.

Mathematics my friend, a God can be predicted by mathematic modeling which can be tested and falsified.

I know - you want links. Maybe if the forum paid me like Davin I'd consider digging them up for you.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:11 AM   #25
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I have no trouble with this

The Atheist God is an ET. That's fine by me!

Dogpet, when shall I schedule your baptism???
Don't attribute false words to me you cunt! & I'm already baptised, not that I had any say in the matter

Old 08-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #26
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Mathematics my friend, a God can be predicted by mathematic modeling which can be tested and falsified.

I know - you want links. Maybe if the forum paid me like Davin I'd consider digging them up for you.
More lies.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #27
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Don't attribute false words to me you cunt! & I'm already baptised, not that I had any say in the matter
Did you get circumsized too??? Ha Ha Ha
Did it hurt - ?
Old 08-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #28
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Did you get circumsized too??? Ha Ha Ha
Did it hurt - ?
Would you ask that question of a woman?

Old 08-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #29
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Would you ask that question of a woman?
Given the fowl language you express, I doubt you are a woman.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #30
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Holy cow, no evidence for ET's??

Here is a link just to get you started.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/