Old 01-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
Irreligious
I Live Here

Thanks, Stargazer.

And, ubs, I think I may have mis-read your post #9, and would like to apologize to you if I did.

I read and re-read your post before responding, sure after a second and even third reading that you were asserting that, unlike the rest of us, you would not vote for a pro-choice Christian. But looking at it again, you seem to be saying the opposite.

It's this particular line that threw me:

Quote:
ubs wrote
I'm hard pressed to think of a single issue I would put below a politicians sky fairy choice.
Anyway, I've since re-read your post and realize that you were, instead, conveying that if you agreed with a candidate in substance, it wouldn't matter to you what his or her "choice of sky fairy" was.

At least, I now think that was your point. If that is what you were saying, again, I offer my apologies.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

And I whole heartedly accept them.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Irreligious
I Live Here

Accept what, ILJ?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I just fancied some appologies. Was I being too greedy?
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
Irreligious
I Live Here

No. Just weird. But I guess that's part of your, um, charm.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I feel that somebody owes me an apology as well.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
Irreligious
I Live Here

I know I do, ghoulie. I promise the next time you're in my neck of the woods, you and I are going out for drinks. I'm genuinely sorry it didn't happen the last time you were here.

Edited: And no more apologies after this one. It's more humility than I can bear in one thread.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
I know I do, ghoulie. I promise the next time you're in my neck of the woods, you and I are going out for drinks. I'm genuinely sorry it didn't happen the last time you were here.

Edited: And no more apologies after this one. It's more humility than I can bear in one thread.
It's alright Irr! I figured there were extenuating circumstances. I hope to meet you in person the next time I am in town. I will give you a heads up as far in advance as possible.

I recently met Lostsheep in person. My heart is still aglow at what a charming and good person this Lostsheep is in real life - no bleating or gossip about guys from Montana or anything like that. It feels really good to turn virtual acquaintances into real friends. I hope to be yours too.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
Irreligious
I Live Here

Lostsheep is lovely as a virtual presence here, so I can imagine she's just as wonderful in person.

And I agree with you on the subject of the meetups. I absolutely adore Kate, Smelly, Eva, Sterny, Gnosi, clambake and the Studge all the more for having actually met them.

You're next, my friend.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #25
DyingStrong

Quote:
Niles Voit wrote View Post
National Atheist Party: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religio...rty/52377198/1

They won't win any elections but I like them any way. Whenever they field a candidate they'd be saying, "Fuck you, we're citizens too."

Maybe they could have the bible and the quran printed on toilet paper for mailing to donors of fifty dollars or more.

Their platform is fine with me except for gun control - I'd let you have a tank if you wanted one - but they won't win so I don't care.
Who cares about political parties, please. They all are or will be sucked into the BORG!

Want freedom and independence? Get your money out of the bank, live within your limits, OWN everything (no credit...never never never), get an education (I know, in the US education is pretty much financially fucked - what I mean is that they -gov and private credit sector- take advantage of students charging lost of money for loans) of your liking and the rest is history.
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #26
DyingStrong

Who cares about political parties, please. They all are or will be sucked into the BORG!

Want freedom and independence? Get your money out of the bank, live within your limits, OWN everything (no credit...never never never), get an education (I know, in the US education is pretty much financially fucked - what I mean is that they -gov and private credit sector- take advantage of students charging lost of money for loans) of your liking and the rest is history.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
DyingStrong

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote View Post

typo...meant: lots
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Lostsheep is lovely as a virtual presence here, so I can imagine she's just as wonderful in person.

And I agree with you on the subject of the meetups. I absolutely adore Kate, Smelly, Eva, Sterny, Gnosi, clambake and the Studge all the more for having actually met them.

You're next, my friend.