Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #7396
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post

Newton was schizophrenic as, therefore, is anyone who believes in the bizarre laws of motion. They defy common sense.
Nope sherlock if you had known ANYTHING about neurology & the life of Newton you'd had realize them man had mental issues. The man was simply theotarded with Christophrenia, he had NO IDEA about evolutionary biology.
if he only had known what aristarchos, & other great Greek scientist knew he wouldn't have to wait for someone like Einstein to correct him. Christophrenic had stagnated the intellect for over 1700 years, fooling retarded envious ignorant idiots like you that HATE learning history & make the connections thinking it is UNNECESSARY.

Way to go fool, demonstrating your ignorance again...Don't forget Christophrenic Newton was PLAGUED with GodBelief & the fear & depression that my postulated GodBElief disorder causes. Read Newton Biography!! I have, so you don't confirm your ignorance.

If you had known neurology you'll realize there are MANY schizophrenics & other folks suffering from GodBelief disorders that do not affect their INTELLECT.
Francis Collins is one of them. Despite been a scientist in the Genom project to boot, the man believes resurrecting zombies that save with blood & perform miracles are REAL. Does this sound SANE to you fool?

Learn aout BRAIN MAN Daniel Tammet
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2401846.shtml

and also learn about Michael Finn. Didn't Newton believe resurrected zombie Jesus was REAL, saved with blood, raised the death & angels had something to do with keeping the universe moving? Please learn history fool.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2405880n

In your ignorance you have no idea what Savant Syndrome is.

Really spermswallower, learn science.

I see you love to demonstrate your ignorance..

o si tacuisses philosophus mansisses.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:03 AM   #7397
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Would anyone on this side of the pond be even slightly surprised to learn that Terry Wogan is one of us great unwashed?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #7398
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
WOOHOO 100%!!!!

Showoff!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #7399
ubs
I Live Here

I got 87%. I didn't know who Jonathan Edwards was and, inspite of Smelly's "heads up," I missed the sabbath question. I'm sure Stern got a perfect score.

Now be amazed by this Cement Yurt that only takes two hours to erect.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #7400
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I am amazed!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #7401
Irreligious
I Live Here

Wow. That Pew Research survey was embarrassingly easy. I also answered all 15 questions correctly, though I have to give ubs credit for allowing me to crib on the last question. But I certainly would not have selected Billy Graham as a participant in the First Great Awakening, since that would put the still very much alive Billy Graham at close to 300 years old.

I kinda thought that most American Protestants would know that the movement known as the First Great Awakening was a direct byproduct of our Puritan roots.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #7402
psychodiva
I Live Here

I always thought of it as the beginning of the 'own personal jesus' crap and the move towards fundamentalism

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
Old 09-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #7403
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Showoff!

yup and ditto to the USA legal questions

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #7404
nkb
He who walks among the theists

I admit that I had no idea what the Great Awakening was, or who the two choices other than Billy Graham were.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #7405
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
CalPudPuller wrote
If you had known neurology you'll realize there are MANY schizophrenics & other folks suffering from GodBelief disorders that do not affect their INTELLECT.
Francis Collins is one of them. Despite been a scientist in the Genom project to boot, the man believes resurrecting zombies that save with blood & perform miracles are REAL. Does this sound SANE to you fool?
A diagnosis of insanity by a bona-fide medical person would be worth much more than your petty "Does this sound SANE to you fool?"

You are showing more and more that you are unable to recognize or differentiate mental illness from the many other causes of apparent aberrant behavior.

Go get some education and its corresponding credentials then come back with your blanket diagnosis that 90% of the population of the world has an anomalous (rare?), mental illness that is not recognized by any scientist you can name. Almost everyone in the world is abnormal, you say.

Newton was Christian and an occultist, working both in Alchemy and spending much effort trying to decipher the Bible code. I would like to know why you say he was unacquainted with Aristarchus and other Greeks.

Kindly note that, in his "Principia", there is not a hint of God in any of his equations. His intellect was burdened by the common beliefs of his time but there is nothing I have seen about Newton to suggest any pathology in his religious leanings. His depression may be attributed to many factors (like the plague killing many of the people he knew) other than any mental infirmity caused by religious belief.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 09-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #7406
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
I am amazed!
See! Now THAT is what I call a Great Awakening.

Like nkb, I had no idea even what the Great Awakening was. It occurs to me that the recent atheist movement needs a better name. Anyway I punted.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #7407
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
I got 87%. I didn't know who Jonathan Edwards was and, inspite of Smelly's "heads up," I missed the sabbath question. I'm sure Stern got a perfect score.

Now be amazed by this Cement Yurt that only takes two hours to erect.
Wow! I could trade in my shopping cart and refrigerator box!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 09-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #7408
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Wow! I could trade in my shopping cart and refrigerator box!
Exactly, take a break from the traveling...

We could each buy one and make a little town. In honor of the structures we could call it Slugville.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #7409
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
A diagnosis of insanity by a bona-fide medical person would be worth much more than your petty "Does this sound SANE to you fool?"

You are showing more and more that you are unable to recognize or differentiate mental illness from the many other causes of apparent aberrant behavior.

Go get some education and its corresponding credentials then come back with your blanket diagnosis that 90% of the population of the world has an anomalous (rare?), mental illness that is not recognized by any scientist you can name. Almost everyone in the world is abnormal, you say.

Newton was Christian and an occultist, working both in Alchemy and spending much effort trying to decipher the Bible code. I would like to know why you say he was unacquainted with Aristarchus and other Greeks.

Kindly note that, in his "Principia", there is not a hint of God in any of his equations. His intellect was burdened by the common beliefs of his time but there is nothing I have seen about Newton to suggest any pathology in his religious leanings. His depression may be attributed to many factors (like the plague killing many of the people he knew) other than any mental infirmity caused by religious belief.
The plague affected Newton, & not a shizoaffective disorder, like manic depression & other neurological infirmities? LOL...Didn't he locked himself in his room for days? The man was BUNKER idiotic fool. His principia didn't mention god? SO WHAT asshole?...I don't think Francis Collins mentions Zombie Jesus in his Genom either moron..

Again schizophrenia doesn't discriminate!!! make a note of it, study NEUROLOGY. There are schizophrenic scientist intellectual too. I just posted a link with SAVANTS which you like a coward ignorant asshole that rather not to address the issues that PROVE you are an idiot. There is of no wonder you don't want to discuss the links I post.

BTW,Didn't Newton believe RESURECTED ZOMBIE JESUS was REAL? as well as Sin and life after death? Man you are stupid. Learn neurology & the BIOGRAPHY of Newton & other Christ-psychotics of the time.

Discuss asshole:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA7GwKXfJB0

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #7410
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Exactly, take a break from the traveling...

We could each buy one and make a little town. In honor of the structures we could call it Slugville.
And we could have a big one in the middle for tribal gathers, where we would discuss who we don't like and such...

I wonder if they come with AC? It got up to 113 Deg F this week in LA. HOly leprechauns!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Closed Thread