Old 06-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #16
SSS
New Member!

Thumbs up

Quote:
@Kinich Ahau wrote
Having an imaginary friend in a time of need might be useful but surely it doesn't need to be god.
We can't simply have an imaginary friend at the time we need. Even if you get one, It will be just your reflection. If you are happy he will be happy ,if you are sad he will be sad too. We don't need another sad person as a company in that time
If a person believes in almighty god, He will feel more supportive.

Quote:
@Kinich Ahau wrote
tag team?
See my next post

Do the right instead what you wish
SSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #17
SSS
New Member!

Cool About me

From childhood I am a strong believer in all gods (As like others in my surrounding).

I always love science, at the end of my teen age I realized that, what ever written in the holly books are just stories. From that point my belief in 'Magic' get faded.

During 2008, I went to some meditation center to avoid distraction (I am a kind of day dreamer) in my work. There I got a clear picture that what our holy books and religious believes are trying to insist. I also noticed that all religions are trying to insist same message with different path

As per my knowledge holly books and religious believes are made with the intention of saving humanity but some peoples are trying to save the religion by killing humanity.

Do the right instead what you wish
SSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #18
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Nutral wrote View Post
Its brief, I need clear explanation that where I am week
All...

of...

it.

All of it.

All of it is weak.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #19
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Nutral wrote
From childhood I am a strong believer in all gods
Ooo, so you believe in Bumba? If I was slightly more stupid, that's the kind of god I'd believe in.
Quote:
Nutral wrote
I also noticed that all religions are trying to insist same message with different path
Bumba's followers don't seem to want to "kill the infidel" - they must be doing it wrong eh?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #20
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
SSS wrote View Post
We can't simply have an imaginary friend at the time we need. Even if you get one, It will be just your reflection. If you are happy he will be happy ,if you are sad he will be sad too. We don't need another sad person as a company in that time
If a person believes in almighty god, He will feel more supportive.
Ok, so it's better if your imaginary friend is God.

I actually don't have one but what if my imaginary friend was more powerful than God?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:30 AM   #21
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
SSS wrote View Post
No logic in your answer
Claims the same person who challenges us to prove the nonexistence of gods? This is a tasty pot of hypocrite tea you have brewing!

Here is a clue for you, Sherlock: one does not have a logical imperative to prove a negative. Please master the fundamentals of basic logic, and then feel free to regale us with your erudite elucidation.

Wonk!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:44 AM   #22
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Ok, so it's better if your imaginary friend is God.

I actually don't have one but what if my imaginary friend was more powerful than God?
Also, if I were to invent a god to believe in, I would invent one who is kind and understanding. The god of Abraham, the creepy, psychopathic god that most religious nutcases today worship in one flavor of crazy or another, seems like an unlikely harbor into which one might wish to seek refuge in time of need.

Ah, shit! My car has a flat tire. I am getting laid off of work. My dog has a cramp in his left nut, and the neighbor boy got impregnated by an ass fuck from Father O'Reilly and is going to have an asshole baby!

Dear Yahweh, Semite god of war, could you stop torturing people in Hell for just a moment, and give me some comfort here? Reality is just tooooo much for me to handle. I need a little delusion to get by!

It's a lot like seeking the council of Jeffrey Dahmer because you are having trouble with your grandma's roast beef recipe, innit?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 06-03-2015, 04:48 AM   #23
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post

Holly Books are for pricks.
Holly books are what elves use to plan jolly Christmases.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:03 AM   #24
Michael
Obsessed Member

Well, I'm a page late to the party, but here goes:

Quote:
SSS wrote View Post
Question
Does God Exist???
Don't know. Define God.

Quote:
With my knowledge no one proved the existence of god and same for non-existence of god.
What do you/would you consider "god"?

Quote:
Consider the sheep’s who believes in farmer, I don’t know how many years (thousand years, ten thousand or more) it will take to know that farmer is cheating them(It may be not possible in two cases if sheep’s extinct before they get to know or we evolved far better than their knowledge). We are not the creators of sheep but we are few percent better than them, the chance of knowing us is much less. If god exists and if he is a super being then us, I don’t know whether we can able to know him (Except if he wish) and don’t argue that, If he wish we can see him, before that you need to prove his existence.
I know English is not your native language, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no idea what you're saying here.

Quote:
I got another Question
Do we need god?
I don’t know……
You need to define god before we can answer that, but I suspect the answer is likely no, or probably not.

Quote:
And Another
Do we need ‘belief in god’ or does it create any impact on our life or anything there in holy books that are logical and reasonable???
I can say YES
So much for being neutral. And we definitely don't need a belief in god.

Quote:
Consider that you are in critical situation and no one can help you. If you are common man with common knowledge and you are a disbeliever of god then it will be difficult for you to get rid of the situation. If you believe in god, you will feel the existence of god (mean you will feel that you have a support. If you are a strong believer you can be much better than others) and you can get rid of the situation easily.
Nope. This is not even a little correct.

Quote:
Also if you believe in god, you will always try to avoid doing bad things.
Because there has never been a priest or pastor who has been found guilty of "bad things", right? Nope. Nary a pedophile or tax-evader amongst them.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #25
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Also, if I were to invent a god to believe in, I would invent one who is kind and understanding. The god of Abraham, the creepy, psychopathic god that most religious nutcases today worship in one flavor of crazy or another, seems like an unlikely harbor into which one might wish to seek refuge in time of need.

Ah, shit! My car has a flat tire. I am getting laid off of work. My dog has a cramp in his left nut, and the neighbor boy got impregnated by an ass fuck from Father O'Reilly and is going to have an asshole baby!

Dear Yahweh, Semite god of war, could you stop torturing people in Hell for just a moment, and give me some comfort here? Reality is just tooooo much for me to handle. I need a little delusion to get by!

It's a lot like seeking the council of Jeffrey Dahmer because you are having trouble with your grandma's roast beef recipe, innit?
OMG this is hilarious.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #26
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Ooo, so you believe in Bumba? If I was slightly more stupid, that's the kind of god I'd believe in.
Bumba's followers don't seem to want to "kill the infidel" - they must be doing it wrong eh?
This is very cool! Almost as awesome as star shitting penguins. I like the legend of Quinmeartha and the girl child Lochi. Explains a lot about our universe, I think.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote