Old 05-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #226
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
Whoa now. I don't think you and I are on the same side in this. I know lots of Muslims, Saudis in fact, and I certainly don't think they're evil.

In fact, as I've written here before, I think it's the world's Muslims that are being terrorized. Middle Eastern governments are oppressive toward their people. ISIS kills and enslaves Muslims and one of their goals is to make the West hate Muslims. There's harassment in non-Muslim majority countries, not to mention the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar.
We can get into the discussion.

but then by your logic, clearly Christianity also isn't evil, because I'm sure you know lots of Christians who you don't think are evil?

One way of defining the character of a relgion is to look and analyse the text. The next way is to look at how most people who identify to the religion behave, and to assess what their values are.

In the West, both Christians and Muslims tend to be relatively secularized because of integration in our society. So one gets a mishmash.

In the middle east, the attitudes of mainstream Muslims are 1) anti gay - death penalty, 2) anti woman's rights -= raped women are killed if they didn't scream loud enough to be heard 3) kill those who leave religion etc. the list goes on.

But if you are resistant to attacking Islam, well, join the vast majority of others on this site. Its tough to bash a minority group, oppressed by Trump no less.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #227
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
But if you are resistant to attacking Islam, well, join the vast majority of others on this site.
Like the dense, stupid, shit-stirring parrot you are - you keep saying this. I'll wager you didn't read even one of the many links I posted, demonstrating that Jizzlam 'visitors' get just as much stick as you demented christ-stains. You are a fucking knob.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #228
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
that Jizzlam 'visitors' get just as much stick as you demented christ-stains. .

That you don't see how this comment defends Islam is part of the problem.

Only a select minority of Atheists on this site have the balls to really attack Islam - and most of the posts are shy to. Usually attacks against Islam are deflected back to attack Christianity.

As KA said, better to attack the "white" man's religion.

Muslims don't come on this site to bother the Atheists, so all if forgiven of course..
Old 05-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #229
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Muslims don't come on this site to bother the Atheists, ........
They rarely come here ...... but when they do, their fucked-up religion is treated with the disrespect it deserves.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #230
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

As KA said, better to attack the "white" man's religion.
Don't misquote me you lying tosser. I didn't say "better to attack"

You can't even make the simplest of arguments without lying. Lying hillbilly.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #231
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Don't misquote me you lying tosser. I didn't say "better to attack"

You can't even make the simplest of arguments without lying. Lying hillbilly.
Hooray - Smelly must have spoken to you - its great that you want to make clear that you don't want to "attack" anyone.

Well done Smelly - keep the site peaceful.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #232
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
They rarely come here ...... but when they do, their fucked-up religion is treated with the disrespect it deserves.
In your opinion which religion is worst (which one causes more damage to society)

Christianity or Islam?
Old 05-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #233
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
In your opinion which religion is worst (which one causes more damage to society)

Christianity or Islam?
Easy, christards have murdered FAR, Far, Far more Atheists and raped far more children than Muslims have.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #234
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

AndyIQ00.666 tell us why you think Allah exists and we will be happy to rebut or debunk anything you say.

The three main abrahamic religions are all very similar and anything said to debunk the claims of one can usually apply equally to the others.

Get it yet, you lying christard?

Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #235
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Hooray - Smelly must have spoken to you - its great that you want to make clear that you don't want to "attack" anyone.

Well done Smelly - keep the site peaceful.
I'd be happy to twat you if you came anywhere near my vicinity.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #236
Noodle

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

but then by your logic, clearly Christianity also isn't evil, because I'm sure you know lots of Christians who you don't think are evil?
Correct. I certainly don't think religions are generally forces for good, but their adherents aren't evil. In fact, most of the Christians I know believe in the nice stuff and reject what doesn't sit well with them. My mom calls herself Catholic, but is pro-choice and supports gay marriage.

Quote:
One way of defining the character of a relgion is to look and analyse the text. The next way is to look at how most people who identify to the religion behave, and to assess what their values are.

In the West, both Christians and Muslims tend to be relatively secularized because of integration in our society. So one gets a mishmash.
Right. They can do the same mental gymnastics Christians do so that they can reject or explain away the icky bits and keep the parts they like. Many of them do that.

Quote:
In the middle east, the attitudes of mainstream Muslims are 1) anti gay - death penalty, 2) anti woman's rights -= raped women are killed if they didn't scream loud enough to be heard 3) kill those who leave religion etc. the list goes on.
But less than a third of the world's Muslims live in the Middle East. Do Muslims in Indonesia have the same views and practices? Also keep in mind that in Saudi at least, the people have no say in how things are done and can disappear if they voice dissent.

How do you explain African Christians who practice FGM and torture children who they suspect are witches? Is it the Christianity that makes them do it? I would say it's faulty thinking that leads to both religiosity of any flavor and other dumb, harmful beliefs.

Quote:
But if you are resistant to attacking Islam, well, join the vast majority of others on this site. Its tough to bash a minority group, oppressed by Trump no less.
The beliefs of Islam are just as dumb as any other religion, maybe even more so. But the fact remains that I am as likely to criticize their beliefs as I am to criticize Christian's beliefs.

But you're right in that the difference is that Muslims are being threatened and harassed right now in the US, and I don't think they deserve it. So I guess I am defending Muslims because they're so hated.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #237
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Christianity or Islam?
They are both equally detrimental to society, culture, civilisation and the well-being of our species. All religion is based on superstition and mind-control and extortion rackets.

Christians don't get a pass just because there are less christian terrorists running around than there used to be, they are still spreading their terror, bigotry and small-mindedness from the pulpit.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #238
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Christianity or Islam?
Deffo cristinanity & its pervasive influence on republicunt policy.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #239
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Christianity or Islam?
Here you are again with a false dichotomy - why just these two?
Throughout recorded history, ALL religions have been a source of deception, fraud, criminal embezzlement, social retardation, proliferation of outright lies and more recently, strangling of honest scientific advancement.
I'd put Judaism up there amongst the worst of the retards, currently enjoying the fanatical funding of christ-stain 'murikkka to press their murderous land claims - but we don't get too many Yids passing this way either.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #240
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Here you are again with a false dichotomy - why just these two?
Throughout recorded history, ALL religions have been a source of deception, fraud, criminal embezzlement, social retardation, proliferation of outright lies and more recently, strangling of honest scientific advancement.
I'd put Judaism up there amongst the worst of the retards, currently enjoying the fanatical funding of christ-stain 'murikkka to press their murderous land claims - but we don't get too many Yids passing this way either.
Technically I don't present a false dichotomy... you are respectfully over analyzing - not everything is a logical argument debate.

I'm simply asking you a question - which of two choices that I present is worse..??, but I see you feel you have to duck the question.

I know you Smelley, you are not a coward, and you have alot of integrity (maybe that's why you've got the supervisor position on this site?), so I don't think you will lie.

If you answered honestly you might have picked Islam.. but you don't want to say it.. why??? Is it because you don't want to give me ever even an ounce of satisfaction? Since you don't like lying either your stuck.. therefore duck the question. Or, there is something else blocking you from admitting that Islam is a rougher, more violent producing religion than Christianity?

In terms of most violent provoking scripture of the great monotheistic faiths- I would say the order of Religious violence would be

1) Jewish (Old testiment)
2) Islam
3) Christianity (New testiment)

And by the way, when gaging how violent a religion is - bare in mind.

If 99% of people belong to religion A, and 1 % to religion B, but lets say 40% of violence attributed to religion is caused by religion B, guess what - its religion B that is more inherently violent.

Christianity from the inquisition always comes up as proof that Christianity as a religion is evil. ONe must consider this carefully, what were the motives of teh inquisition - did they stem from religious teaching or where the wars more political.. Also it takes two parties to war, if Christians fought Muslims and beat them - why does that make the Christians worst??

The Muslim empire captured half of Europe and the entire middle East plus northern Aftrica by the way. They were very war inclined.