Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #121
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
Do you think if God intervened in every one of our problems we would learn to stop creating problems for ourselves?
I'm fairly late to this party, but what evidence do you have to show that a god has ever intervened in any of our problems?

I imagine you would have to first work out a logical theory that demonstrates exactly how a conscious, immaterial entity inclined to intervene on our behalf would proceed in that endeavor?

That might be impressive.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #122
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
What's it cost a guy to get half-an-hour of that?

I'm just askin'.
Cost? It's a labor of love!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #123
Barney

Location: This Jewel sat in a silver sea; England, my England
Implication suggests causation and is correlation. When it is impossible for there to be missing variables correlation necessarily is causation, as the only reason correlation would not be causation is the possibility of missing variables.
ergo nothing is not causal with something

Why is it impossible for there to be missing variables?

"If you can wait 2000 years for Mr Christ, I can wait 19 years for John Frum" High Preist :- Church of John Frum 1952
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #124
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Cost? It's a labor of love!
Sort of like the "love" I harbor for Lily.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #125
Barney

Location: This Jewel sat in a silver sea; England, my England
Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
Sort of like the "love" I harbor for Lily.

??

Choob for best man methinks. Eve...bridesmaid?

"If you can wait 2000 years for Mr Christ, I can wait 19 years for John Frum" High Preist :- Church of John Frum 1952
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #126
Riddler

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
The proof has one definition, one Axiom, seven logical Tautologies with ten corollaries, one Deduction, five Inductions, with (credits), [attributes], and some resolved Paradoxes.

Definition;
By God, I mean an eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, infinite pantheistic energy that is the generating and sustaining cause of that which exists.

. . . . etc, etc. . . .
Reading through your subsequent arguments, it appears that you are presenting a good case for Everything having always existed, and for all that Everything to be synonymous with God. Our regular contributor ILoveJesus will probably want to give you a big kiss for that, in fact he may well be sitting at his PC right now with his kecks round his ankles.

But I'll ask you the same question I've put to him a couple of times and emerged none the wiser: why bother to call it all God?

[edit:] If 'Siddhi' were short for Siddhartha, I could understand where you were coming from: your arguments for the eternal existence of all Stuff, and the inseparable inter-relationship of mind and matter, are entirely in accord with his reputed teaching, which is the basis of Buddhism. But, having just read your howdy-doody in the Introductions forum, it seems you really are putting all this forward as proof of the Christian God who made everything out of Nothing then proceeded to speak unto the station masters in his enormous toy train set like a lonely home-schooled kid with no mates — which is utterly at odds with the (mostly reasonable) arguments you are making for that premise

Last edited by Riddler; 07-28-2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: addendum
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #127
MySiddhi

Quote:
JU Mike wrote View Post
So that's it? That's the answer to one of humanities biggest questions? Wow congratulations, for centuries people have look to the skies and wondered if there any beings out there watching over us. For centuries people, philosophers, kings, queens, and brilliant scientists have debated, questioned, and wondered on whether or not there is a god and finally a fellow with internet connection joins The Raving Atheists Forum and actually answers it in one post.

Amazing, hey guys we need to come with reward for this guy. Any ideas?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #128
MySiddhi

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
I'm fairly late to this party, but what evidence do you have to show that a god has ever intervened in any of our problems?

I imagine you would have to first work out a logical theory that demonstrates exactly how a conscious, immaterial entity inclined to intervene on our behalf would proceed in that endeavor?

That might be impressive.
Good point... that is another proof all together.

I still have lots of work to do on putting that one together but here is some of it;

http://mysiddhi.freehostia.com/spiri...God/index.html

You may find proof of the Global Flood interesting.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #129
MySiddhi

Quote:
Riddler wrote View Post
Everything having always existed
This post that I am typing right now would be included in "everything" yet it did not exist beforehand therefore everything has not always existed.

If you want to play semantics you could say; everything exists (before I created this post it wasn't a thing).

But you cannot say; everything has always existed. Unless you want to be absurd.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #130
MySiddhi

Quote:
Barney wrote View Post
Implication suggests causation and is correlation. When it is impossible for there to be missing variables correlation necessarily is causation, as the only reason correlation would not be causation is the possibility of missing variables.
ergo nothing is not causal with something

Why is it impossible for there to be missing variables?
Inside the second logical tautology it reads;

ergo nothing is not implicated with something
ergo everything is implicated with something
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #131
MySiddhi

Quote:
Riddler wrote View Post
If 'Siddhi' were short for Siddhartha, I could understand where you were coming from: your arguments for the eternal existence of all Stuff, and the inseparable inter-relationship of mind and matter, are entirely in accord with his reputed teaching, which is the basis of Buddhism.

I am a Buddhist and so was Jesus. The only difference we have with Siddhartha is on reincarnation and how karma works.

For a Christian we do not believe in having past lives for some supposed immoral soul but rather believe in a resurrection hope where an individual is resurrected and will have access to the memories of their life prior. What are we without our memories?

And regarding karma we believe good or bad karma (blessing or sin) is transfered to us from our forefathers before us and we likewise pass this onto our offspring.

Besides that is a far more scientific position as we know we get our genetics and therefore instincts from our parents... etc.... not from any imaginary past lives.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #132
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
You may find proof of the Global Flood interesting.
I surely would, if any existed.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #133
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
I am a Buddhist and so was Jesus. The only difference we have with Siddhartha is on reincarnation and how karma works.

For a Christian we do not believe in having past lives for some supposed immoral soul but rather believe in a resurrection hope where an individual is resurrected and will have access to the memories of their life prior. What are we without our memories?

And regarding karma we believe good or bad karma (blessing or sin) is transfered to us from our forefathers before us and we likewise pass this onto our offspring.

Besides that is a far more scientific position as we know we get our genetics and therefore instincts from our parents... etc.... not from any imaginary past lives.
You are a nut case.

This is for you:

Quote:

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #134
MySiddhi

Quote:
You are a nut case.

This is for you:
If you ever end up studying magik you will learn that you are using dark magik on yourself "ghoulslime".
Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #135
MySiddhi

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
I surely would, if any existed.
http://mysiddhi.freehostia.com/spiri...bal_Flood.html