Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
Rev_Linda

A Look At Sarah Palin

Unfortunately, we, as a collective know very little about Sarah Palin [Born Sarah Louise Heath]. She came out swinging at the Republican Convention and American’s were awed, or in some cases simply speechless. For those in the know, they realized early into that speech that it was the work of Matthew Scully [Matthew Scully served until August 2004 as special assistant to the president and deputy director of presidential speechwriting. He worked for President George W. Bush a total of five years, including 18 months in the 2000 campaign, and was part of the team that drafted the President’s post-September 11th addresses and every major speech of the first term. Scully has also written for vice presidents Dick Cheney and Dan Quayle, presidential candidate Robert Dole, Arizona Governor Fife Symington, and the late Pennsylvania Gov. Robert P. Casey.]

She may, or may not have known what she was speaking about, but I cannot imagine that anyone would say that she is NOT a FANTASTIC public speaker! She has charisma, she is excellent at portraying eye contact with a crowd; she has all of the basics one would learn in a public speaking class, down pat. [Don’t forget, she also has the beauty pageant wave down to an exact.] What do we really know about Sarah Palin?

We can track Palin’s recent activity: In 2006, just two years ago, Palin made history when she was the first woman to be elected as Alaska’s Governor. Prior to this Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council and two terms as the mayor/manager of Wasilla. Born in Sandpoint, ID on February 11, 1964, she would move to Alaska with her family later that same year. She graduated from Wasilla High School in 1982 and received a Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987. Her list of civic organization membership is impressive: Member, Alaska Miners Association: Member, Alaska Outdoor Council [group works through advocacy, education and research to promote responsible outdoor recreation, conserve natural resources, and protect Alaskans’ rights to enjoy our great outdoors.] Member, Alaska Resource Development Council [a statewide, non-profit, membership-funded organization made up of businesses and individuals from all resource sectors (oil and gas, mining, fishing, timber, and tourism), as well as Native corporations, support sectors, labor unions, and local governments. Through RDC these interests work together to promote and support responsible development of Alaska's resources]: Member, Chambers of Commerce (Various) [The Voice of Alaska Business]: Member, Iditarod Parent-Teacher Association: Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Valley Hospital Association Board [Valley Hospital Association, Inc. v. Mat-Su Coalition for Choice (11/21/97)]: Coach/Hockey Team Manager, Valley Youth Sports; Member, Youth Court Steering Committee [The Mat-Su Youth Court (MSYC) is a state-sanctioned court that operates in the Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska, which deals with first-time juvenile offenders that have committed misdemeanors.]: Former Member, American Management Association and Former Member, Salvation Army Board. I’M IMPRESSED, WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Sarah Palin is a Non-Denominational Protestant in other words; Assembly of God whose beliefs include: the scriptures are inspired by God; there is only one true God; the Deity of Jesus; man willingly fell to sin; the salvation of man; water baptism; baptism in the Holy Spirit; speaking in tongues; sanctification; the Church has a mission; Divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership; divine healing of the sick; the blessed hope; the millennium reign of Christ; a final judgment will take place and there will be a NEW heaven and a NEW earth.

So…. Let’s take a look at Palin’s religious beliefs in regard to her nomination as Vice President of the United States: Hopefully, it means nothing but hearing Palin speak I am worried that she may believe she has been divinely called and her Vice-Presidency is a Mission of the Church? [Just joking, I hope]

Anyway, the real question here is does any of Sarah Palin’s background offer her abilities above others to accept the role of Vice-President? That is one thing that American’s will have to decide for themselves come Election Day. The REAL QUESTION here should be; Is America ready for Sarah Palin’s Presidency? We must all take into account that John McCain is 72 years old and his true health record has never been released to the voters. Religion and politics should not be mixed, but I hear Governor Palin speak of God’s will almost daily and it truly frightens me. If this election is truly God’s Will, then hopefully God will assure that the winner will have less to do with religion and more to do with American policy.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Riddler

Two questions from a distance:

1) She's anti-abortion but pro gun. Does she think it's ok to kill people but only after they've been born?

2) The father of her teenage daughter's child-to-be is a self-proclaimed 'fucking redneck' who 'live(s) to play hockey ... go camping and hang out with the boys (and) do some fishing'. He also warns that if anyone messes with him, 'I'll kick ass.'
Why is this seen as a potential embarrassment to the party that has twice overseen the 'election' of George W Bush?

When no one can tempt you with Heaven or Hell, you'll be a lucky manAlan Price
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Rev_Linda

Quote:
Riddler wrote View Post
Two questions from a distance:

1) She's anti-abortion but pro gun. Does she think it's ok to kill people but only after they've been born?
Don't forget, she is also an abstinence only advocate when it comes to sex education. Wouldn't you think that a pregnant daughter would make her realize that maybe these programs really do not work?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Well, she pushes abstinence-only education for schools, but she is pro-contraception (just not for kids, I guess).

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Rev_Linda wrote View Post
Don't forget, she is also an abstinence only advocate when it comes to sex education. Wouldn't you think that a pregnant daughter would make her realize that maybe these programs really do not work?
Yes, this ignorant Christ-psychosis infected imbecile belongs in a mental institution along retarded shot-down-Prisoner ( NOT a HERO ) McCain. The problem is that 82% of Americans are infected with Christ-psychosis which stagnates the intellect making them ignorant.
I made a video exposing this Alaska "End Of Days" retard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFHL827XP0

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
Riddler

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
. . . shot-down-Prisoner ( NOT a HERO ) McCain. . .
So you mean to say that when he said in defence of his proposed Iraq strategy, 'I know how to win a war', he WASN'T speaking as the guy who secured the US victory in Vietnam?

Wow. We live and learn.

When no one can tempt you with Heaven or Hell, you'll be a lucky manAlan Price
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
Lily

Quote:
Rev_Linda wrote View Post
I'm pretty sure it wasn't abstinence that failed. Abstinence works 100% of the time.

As far as speaking of God daily, so do untold millions of Americans. You will never scare anyone with that line beyond the scaredy-cats here and in similar venues.

And what is with bringing her speech writer up continually (I don't mean you, personally, I see it in each and every article written about her)? Those in the know know that all politicians use speechwriters, each and every one of them, each and every time they speak. Lincoln may well have been the last president to write his own speeches.

So far, I am not shivering in my boots.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
Rev Linda wrote
A Look At Sarah Palin
It's sexist to look at the Gorilla from Wasilla.

Quote:
Lily wrote
I'm pretty sure it wasn't abstinence that failed.
Have I missed something? Who said abstinence failed? Rev Linda's actual words were "...these programs really do not work." Surely even you can see that on this particular occasion, advocating abstinence was something of a failure?

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
Eva
Super Moderator

abstinence works, except when you don't abstain and don't know how else to have safe sex.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
Lily

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
abstinence works, except when you don't abstain and don't know how else to have safe sex.
The notion that there is any 17 year old in this country that doesn't know how to have "safe sex" is preposterous. Can you really believe that neither one of the two in question here knows about condoms and all the rest? Seriously, you all have got to get past this positively antiquated notion that teenagers don't know how to avoid pregnancy. They do. The question you have to ask is why they don't do what adults and the surrounding culture have been pounding into them since the day they were born.

It is a question with very interesting answers.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Palin is just a power-hungry bitch that isn't worthy of sucking cock or making dinner, let alone being vice president. I made that sentence incredibly sexist just to give Lily an easy way of dismissing this post without having to lie yet again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us...s/14palin.html
Quote:
So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, she appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the roughly $2 million agency.
How can anyone possibly justify that?
Quote:
Ms. Havemeister was one of at least five schoolmates Ms. Palin hired, often at salaries far exceeding their private sector wages.
Quote:
Interviews show that Ms. Palin runs an administration that puts a premium on loyalty and secrecy. The governor and her top officials sometimes use personal e-mail accounts for state business; dozens of e-mail messages obtained by The New York Times show that her staff members studied whether that could allow them to circumvent subpoenas seeking public records.
Rick Steiner, a University of Alaska professor, sought the e-mail messages of state scientists who had examined the effect of global warming on polar bears. (Ms. Palin said the scientists had found no ill effects, and she has sued the federal government to block the listing of the bears as endangered.) An administration official told Mr. Steiner that his request would cost $468,784 to process.
When Mr. Steiner finally obtained the e-mail messages — through a federal records request — he discovered that state scientists had in fact agreed that the bears were in danger, records show.
“Their secrecy is off the charts,” Mr. Steiner said.
If that isn't the Bush administration all over again I don't know what is.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #12
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

What makes you think Lily would dismiss the post?

Quote:
Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
Lily

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote View Post
Palin is just a power-hungry bitch that isn't worthy of sucking cock or making dinner, let alone being vice president. I made that sentence incredibly sexist just to give Lily an easy way of dismissing this post without having to lie yet again.
Oh? About what have I lied? The hit job that the NYT did on Palin has been thoroughly debunked in several places. I can't be bothered to do it again.

One does have to ask, though, if any of it is true, as stated? If it is, how does Palin maintain an 80+ favorable rating in Alaska

Be afraid. Be very afraid. BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #14
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I'm pretty sure it wasn't abstinence that failed. Abstinence works 100% of the time.

As far as speaking of God daily, so do untold millions of Americans. You will never scare anyone with that line beyond the scaredy-cats here and in similar venues.

And what is with bringing her speech writer up continually (I don't mean you, personally, I see it in each and every article written about her)? Those in the know know that all politicians use speechwriters, each and every one of them, each and every time they speak. Lincoln may well have been the last president to write his own speeches.

So far, I am not shivering in my boots.
But Palin's daughter failed (refused?) to abstain, didn't she? Lots of teenagers do, you know. Bristol Palin is Exhibit A.

And I think it's hysterically hypocritical of you to tag anyone as being "a scaredy-cat" for being unnerved by untold millions of people talking daily to a god who isn't there. Aren't you unnerved by the untold millions of Muslims speaking to their god, in whom you do not believe? Isn't the fact that they take their beliefs and prophecies so seriously the reason why Sarah Palin wants to wipe the extremists among them from the face of the earth?

If these Evangelicals should finally get their way, don't think you're going to be among their bestest pals. They don't like you Roman Catholics anymore than they like any outsiders. You guys are not even real Christians, as far as they are concerned. You should know this. You were a part of that pack for a while. Of course, you could always switch teams again.

And the point about bringing up Palin's speechwriters is to remind folks that, for all her alleged gifts as a public speaker, Palin's public blather is scripted, and scripted by a man who has done copious work for the administration both Palin and McCain are trying to run away from whenever it's convenient.

Anyway, when we got a chance to see Palin speak extemporaneously-- though coached to the hilt-- it was clear that she wasn't nearly as informed on foreign policy as she needs to be.

Of course you're not shivering in your boots. You think you've died and gone to heaven. Don't know when the rude awakening will hit ya, but if you're alive in this realm for it, it oughta be a doozy.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Oh? About what have I lied? The hit job that the NYT did on Palin has been thoroughly debunked in several places. One has to ask-- if any of it is true, as stated? If it is, how does Palin maintain an 80+ favorable rating in Alaska

Be afraid. Be very afraid. BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Your most recent lie was about healthcare when you said "Obama has no plan".

Why does Palin have such a high favorability rating? Because people don't pay attention. She cut spending and brought in money so people are happy (especially her closest friends).

Did you know the biggest political rally ever in Alaska was a recent anti-Palin rally?

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote