Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #31
Lily

More ignorant noise. I have explicitly faulted the sprawling bureaucracy of the Church for much that has happened. But the Church is not a corporation nor does it have a single direct chain of command. The better analogy is the local school/Dept. of Education but even that is not perfect since the Church is so much bigger and spread out over most of the world. Like I just told you, priests and bishops are not employees. Can you not read and process information?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #32
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Can you not read and process information?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~Epicurus
VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #33
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
The organization exists to bring about the political change it wants by any means necessary. Those means are often criminal. They are also funded by the taxpayer who has no choice in the matter and their misuse of these funds is widespread and has enriched the board.
Isn't there something in your morality book about bearing false witness?

What evidence do you possess to back up your assertion that ACORN exists to bring about political change it wants by any means necessary? Is this alleged aim included in the organization's bylaws? And what political change are you alleging is wanted by the organization? What criminal means are endorsed by ACORN to accomplish this change? And please cite sources with evidence for this claim. Do you know what percentage of ACORN's revenues come from taxpayers, according to your sources?

And if the board of ACORN was so enriched by these funds, why would its members blow in the comptroller for allegedly embezzling $948,507 in faulty credit card charges? Wouldn't the board's calling attention to that kill the golden goose, so to speak?

Quote:
Lily wrote
45%. 30% are clueless misfits. 25% are idealists who honestly mean well.
Well, I'm sure this is a purely scientific assessment on your part, right? So, based on your scientific analysis, what percentage of the Roman Catholic hierarchy would you say are criminals as opposed to those who are clueless misfits and those who honestly mean well?

Quote:
Lily wrote
What an incredibly stupid thing to say. Read the papers. Is everyone concerned with uncovering ACORN's crimes "obsessed"? How about the attorneys general of the 7 or 8 or 9 states that are or have indicted them and/or convicted them of voter registration fraud? Are they obsessed? How about the people who have uncovered ACORN's cozy ties to unions who do bust heads? Honestly, you really are a very blind, silly man. I pray you don't vote. It is an ignorant vote and we have enough of those in this country.
If this is a vast criminal enterprise whose members all have the same criminal mission, I guess we should be seeing indictments handed down by attorneys general in the other 33 or 31 states in which ACORN operates. Tell us what you know about what's coming down the pike, Miss Oracle. And what about those people who have uncovered ACORN's alleged cozy ties to the unions? Are the ties they uncovered only to the head-busting unions or do you maintain that all unions bust heads? If it's only the former, which unions are those? The teamsters? The NEA?

Quote:
Lily wrote
It is not a fact. It is one more lie by people who don't have a clue. Priests, bishops, et al. are not employees. That is mistake #489555.
Do you maintain that they are, instead, uncompensated volunteers over whom the Roman Catholic Church has no authority?

Quote:
Lily wrote
As for the rest? What ignorant nonsense. Stealing from taxpayers, tax fraud, attempts to subvert the election process, buying Congressmen, shaking down corporations (for which they have been famous for 30 years) not to mention being a rather large player in the collapse of the mortgage industry are crimes on a massive scale. The 3.8 % of priests who committed terrible sex crimes over the last 40 years don't, in terms of numbers of crimes committed, come close.
I'm sure that your scientific assessment of the percentage of wayward priests within the Roman Catholic church is unassailable, but have you also been able assess the amount of taxpayer dollars ACORN has stolen and the means by which the organization acquired its ill-gotten gain?

Has the organization been convicted of tax fraud? Which congressmen have been bought by ACORN? And which corporations have been shaken down by the organization? I'm sure that an honest Christian, like yourself, would have evidence for these claim, because bearing false witness would be a sin, right?

Quote:
Lily wrote
Yes, he is a life-long radical, got his training with SDS (yeah, I know, you don't have a clue) and has been directly involved in these criminal activities for years.
Radical is in the eye of the beholder. You sound pretty radical to me.

Anyway, ACORN founder Wade Rathke was a member of Students for a Democratic Society back in the 1960s. So what? Would anybody really expect a former member of the Young Republicans to give a shit about helping poor people-- especially poor people of color-- achieve social justice? Why would an alleged non-radical care about such people, if he or she was firmly convinced that 45 percent of poor folk are criminals, 30 percent of them are clueless misfits and only a quarter of them are honest?

Quote:
Lily wrote
It isn't hard at all in a right-to-work state. But this is pure bullshit. Criminals don't fire their criminal employess until they get caught.
Where did you come up with that axiom? Aristotle? Barlett's Book of Quotations?

Quote:
Lily wrote
He is directly involved in the running of the entire organization and he and the board are legally accountable for its crimes as well. Don't think so? Consult a lawyer.
Well, Wade Rathke is no longer involved in the running of the organization. But tell me, if you commit a crime in the commission of your duties as a professor, is the president of your college also legally culpable?

Quote:
Lily wrote
I don't have to. It is in the hands of the justice system now.
So, do you expect that we'll be seeing indictments handed down against the estimated 400,000 individual member families across the country that comprise ACORN, or just those running its 1,700 neighborhood chapters? Either way, that's a lot of arrests.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Wrist slapping? Are you out of your mind? You are spewing vitriol and ignorance. Do you have any idea how many priests went to prison? Wrist slapping indeed. Maybe you'd prefer that we burn them at the stake in front of city hall? Just like we do other sex offenders?
Well, "wrist slapping" is the assessment made by some of the victims of the pedophile priest who are firmly convinced that the hierarchy of the church was complicit in shielding these priests from justice. Far as I know, none of them (the bishops) have been legally held to account.

And since when do we burn sex offenders at the stake, and in front of our various city halls, no less? I've heard nothing about this practice. Is this something that you are endorsing now?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 09-30-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #34
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
...but even that is not perfect since the Church is so much bigger and spread out over most of the world.
If only there existed a technology that allowed the human voice to be transmitted beyond shouting distance.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Like I just told you, priests and bishops are not employees. Can you not read and process information?
Exactly. The fact that their job title translates as "supervisor" or "leader" in no way indicates that they have any authority. It's entirely coincidental.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #35
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
The organization exists to bring about the political change it wants by any means necessary. Those means are often criminal. They are also funded by the taxpayer who has no choice in the matter and their misuse of these funds is widespread and has enriched the board.
Baaah, baaaah, FauxNews sheep.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
45%. 30% are clueless misfits. 25% are idealists who honestly mean well.
You do provide quite a service here (at least to me): You are entertaining.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
What an incredibly stupid thing to say. Read the papers. Is everyone concerned with uncovering ACORN's crimes "obsessed"? How about the attorneys general of the 7 or 8 or 9 states that are or have indicted them and/or convicted them of voter registration fraud? Are they obsessed?
What an incredibly stupid thing to say. To my knowledge (and please provide evidence to the contrary), ACORN has not been indicted or convicted for voter fraud registration.
Some of ACORN's employees, who were guilty of defrauding ACORN, have been indicted/convicted. How many times are you going to roll out that lie?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
How about the people who have uncovered ACORN's cozy ties to unions who do bust heads? Honestly, you really are a very blind, silly man. I pray you don't vote. It is an ignorant vote and we have enough of those in this country.
Lily, I am saying that you are obsessed with ACORN, not the people who are doing their jobs. You have an unhealthy obsession, and you will accept any negative insinuation, and reject any rational explanation, about ACORN, because you want them to be a criminal organization.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
It is not a fact. It is one more lie by people who don't have a clue.
Are you saying that the memo from Joseph Ratzinger, in his capacity as a Vatican official, instructing child sexual abuse cases to be handled internally, instead of involving the appropriate authorities, is a fake?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Priests, bishops, et al. are not employees. That is mistake #489555.
What are they? Do they receive compensation from the church for the work they do? If the church dismisses them, can they continue being priest, bishops, etc?
If they aren't employees, why is the church paying all this money in lawsuits?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
As for the rest? What ignorant nonsense. Stealing from taxpayers, tax fraud, attempts to subvert the election process, buying Congressmen, shaking down corporations (for which they have been famous for 30 years) not to mention being a rather large player in the collapse of the mortgage industry are crimes on a massive scale. The 3.8 % of priests who committed terrible sex crimes over the last 40 years don't, in terms of numbers of crimes committed, come close.
What is the number of crimes committed? Please supply us with a number.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Yes, he is a life-long radical, got his training with SDS (yeah, I know, you don't have a clue) and has been directly involved in these criminal activities for years.
Last I checked (ok, Irr pointed it out), the CEO of ACORN is a woman.
Would you like to try again?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
It isn't hard at all in a right-to-work state.
Apparently, you don't have a clue. I live in a right-to-work state, and you still have to build your case to actually fire someone.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Watch your TV news. I'd tell you to read newspapers but I suspect you do little more than look at the sports section of your local newspaper.
So, you can't show me? OK, just admit that.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Holy shit!! Nothing satisfies you does it?
I'm not following. What part of your drivel was supposed to satisfy?

Are you trying to claim that the pope is a figurehead, and wields no real power?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
He is directly involved in the running of the entire organization and he and the board are legally accountable for its crimes as well. Don't think so? Consult a lawyer.
Reading comprehension, dear. I was specifically talking about a regional ACORN director. Do you think that these directors have some autonomy, just like the bishops?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I don't have to. It is in the hands of the justice system now.
And you're expecting what exactly? An indictment of 45% of the entire ACORN workforce?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Wrist slapping? Are you out of your mind? You are spewing vitriol and ignorance. Do you have any idea how many priests went to prison? Wrist slapping indeed.
Tell me, Lily, when did these priests go to prison? Right after the crimes, or years, even decades later?

Was there a systematic coverup, across all dioceses, where the priest was slapped on the wrist, and moved to another parish?

What was that again about criminals not turning in other criminals until they get caught? I love when you self-pwn yourself!
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Maybe you'd prefer that we burn them at the stake in front of city hall? Just like we do other sex offenders?
Hysterical, much?
All I'm asking is that heinous crimes, like the rape of children, be immediately prosecuted, not covered up, and, the people that are responsible for both be judged, and put in prison, if found guilty.

The RCC is still holding out on providing full transparency on what went on.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #36
Lily

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
What an incredibly stupid thing to say. To my knowledge (and please provide evidence to the contrary), ACORN has not been indicted or convicted for voter fraud registration.
You really don't look at the newspaper, do you? I have already posted a dozen or more links about just this, along with the names of the indicted and convicted. Why don't you already know this?

You are a deeply silly man whose lack of information and whose lack of intellectual integrity are simply stunning.

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Isn't there something in your morality book about bearing false witness?
Yes. Since I have not done so, what is your point?

Quote:
What evidence do you possess to back up your assertion that ACORN exists to bring about political change it wants by any means necessary? Is this alleged aim included in the organization's bylaws? And what political change are you alleging is wanted by the organization? What criminal means are endorsed by ACORN to accomplish this change? And please cite sources with evidence for this claim. Do you know what percentage of ACORN's revenues come from taxpayers, according to your sources?
This information, thanks to the "right-wing" is now widely available. Do your own research. I have provided plenty of links to get you started. Or, wait for the trials, investigations, etc. to conclude.

Quote:
And if the board of ACORN was so enriched by these funds, why would its members blow in the comptroller for allegedly embezzling $948,507 in faulty credit card charges? Wouldn't the board's calling attention to that kill the golden goose, so to speak?
This is pitiful. The embezzlement was covered up for 10 years with the knowledge of most of the board. It would still be covered up if it were not for two board members blowing the whistle. Needless to say, they are now ex board members. (Duh!)

Quote:
Well, I'm sure this [the number of criminals in ACORN] is a purely scientific assessment on your part, right?
No. It is a silly answer to a stupid question.

Quote:
Well, "wrist slapping" is the assessment made by some of the victims of the pedophile priest who are firmly convinced that the hierarchy of the church was complicit in shielding these priests from justice.
SO what? The justice system has taken its course. A lot of us aren't satisfied with the outcome a fair amount of the time.

Quote:
Far as I know, none of them (the bishops) have been legally held to account.
You should know. I alone have told you this some 12-15 times over the years. So have the other Catholics that have contributed here.

Quote:
And since when do we burn sex offenders at the stake, and in front of our various city halls, no less? I've heard nothing about this practice. Is this something that you are endorsing now?
We don't. I want to know why you don't care about the huge number of teachers who abuse the children in their care (one researcher claims that there are 10 times as many victims of teachers just in the last decade, as in the entire 40 years or so covered by the scandal)

You need to read more carefully. I was asking quite clearly when enough is going to be enough? Priests are in prison. One was murdered there. Priests have been removed from duty and disgraced. The vast majority of crimes were committed 25+ years ago, so that as far as formal legal penalties are concerned, the statute of limitations has run out. Many of the criminals are dead. Maybe you should think this through a little more carefully?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #37
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #38
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
You really don't look at the newspaper, do you? I have already posted a dozen or more links about just this, along with the names of the indicted and convicted. Why don't you already know this?
Yeah, but you have not provided any evidence that ACORN is a criminal enterprise as you have alleged. I'm sure a simple Google search can reveal the names of several priests who have been accused and/or indicted on child sex abuse charges, but it would be dishonest to imply, based solely on the indictment and subsequent convictions of those priests, that the Catholic church is a criminal enterprise.

Quote:
Lily wrote
You are a deeply silly man whose lack of information and whose lack of intellectual integrity are simply stunning.
And you are a deeply disturbed woman and, I might add, a lousy example of what we are told a Christian is supposed to be. That's right. If you are an exemplar of what this religion is supposed to be all about, it's a pretty disgusting theology.

Furthermore, your lack of compassion, honesty and intellectural integrity ceases to stun anyone here, as you have been consistent in your displays of pettiness, dishonesty and faulty logic.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Yes. Since I have not done so, what is your point?
That you're a liar, obviously. Embellishing on a few facts to make an unsubstantiated case that ACORN's overall mission is criminal, and that 45 percent of those involved with the organization are proven criminals, is dishonest.

Quote:
Lily wrote
This information, thanks to the "right-wing" is now widely available. Do your own research. I have provided plenty of links to get you started. Or, wait for the trials, investigations, etc. to conclude.
You have provided copious unsubstantiated allegations mixed in with a few facts that are already known to us. It is the unsubtantiated allegations, thanks to the "right wing," that you are being asked to account for. If you were an honest woman with the goods to back up her claims, you would provide that information instead of disingenuously sending those with whom you have shared your unsubstantiated allegations (courtesy of the "right wing") on a wild goose chase.

And why don't we all (including you) wait for the trials and subsequent criminal convictions that you are so certain are just around the bend? Isn't that what honest people do?

Quote:
Lily wrote
lol: This is pitiful. The embezzlement was covered up for 10 years with the knowledge of most of the board. It would still be covered up if it were not for two board members blowing the whistle. Needless to say, they are now ex board members. (Duh!)
What, it took them 10 years to blow the whistle when they supposedly already knew that they were presiding over a criminal enterprise? What are you alleging compelled them to finally break ranks with their fellow criminals? Did they get tired of fleecing the golden goose and simply decided to kill it? Does that make sense to you?

Quote:
Lily wrote
No. It is a silly answer to a stupid question.
Why is it a stupid question in the face of your very serious allegation that ACORN is a criminal enterprise? How else would you account for there being-- based on your allegation-- hundreds of thousands of ACORN members, employees and officials involved in such a criminal enterprise? Like members of the mafia, are all of ACORN's members aware that they're criminals participating in a criminal enterprise or have some been duped into supporting a criminal enterprise? The was the basis for nkb's question.

Quote:
Lily wrote
SO what? The justice system has taken its course. A lot of us aren't satisfied with the outcome a fair amount of the time.
Yeah? What's your beef with the outcome? And what are you doing, as a member of that non-criminal enterprise to which you belong, to ensure that there is transparency in the future? Have you joined others in condemning the church's 1962 Crimen sollicitationis document, the policy contents of which the current pope was responsible for enforcing?

Quote:
Lily wrote
You should know. I alone have told you this some 12-15 times over the years. So have the other Catholics that have contributed here.
You've done no such thing. And even if you have, you've never before had a problem repeating the same assertions more than 15 times. If you know of any bishops who have been criminally (not civilly) held to account for covering up for pedophile priests, why not just state it for a 16th time?

Quote:
Lily wrote
We don't. I want to know why you don't care about the huge number of teachers who abuse the children in their care (one researcher claims that there are 10 times as many victims of teachers just in the last decade, as in the entire 40 years or so covered by the scandal)
Why do you assume that I don't? What is your evidence that I don't? That I'm grilling you right now on the Catholic church's poor handling of the pedophile priest scandal and attempting to get you to explain how the church is not a criminal enterprise because members of its heirarchy have been alleged to have harbored a few criminals, but ACORN is a criminal enterprise, even though you've presented no evidence that either the CEO of the organization or its board had any prior knowledge of its employees' alleged malfeasance?

I'm not inured to your sleight of hand tactics, so I will not accommodate them. Let's stick to the subject, shall we?

Quote:
Liily wrote
You need to read more carefully. I was asking quite clearly when enough is going to be enough?
Perhaps, you need to wrie more carefully. You quite clearly implied that we burn sex abusers at the stake in front of our city halls.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Priests are in prison. One was murdered there. Priests have been removed from duty and disgraced. The vast majority of crimes were committed 25+ years ago, so that as far as formal legal penalties are concerned, the statute of limitations has run out. Many of the criminals are dead. Maybe you should think this through a little more carefully?
And maybe you should let justice take its course in the prosecutions of those ACORN workers who have been alleged to have committed crimes in the commission of their duties as employees of the organization instead of going off half-cocked and making wild, unsubstantiated accusations about the organization as whole. Hmm?

Maybe you should think through your charges against ACORN a little more carefully?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #39
nkb

Ahh, vintage Lily: addresses only one of my points, because the other ones would make her look even dumber and dishonest than usual.

What else is new?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #40
Lily

Somewhere in Proverbs it says that it is folly to answer a fool. Never has that been clearer to me than here. Not only are you answering T2 stupidly because you simply cannot follow his argument, you are deflecting and ignoring the obvious and trying to make the ACORN scandals about me. The problem for you is that no matter how much applause you win here, ACORN is cooked and you can't do a damned thing to keep some minimal amount of justice from being done.

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Why is it a stupid question in the face of your very serious allegation that ACORN is a criminal enterprise? How else would you account for there being-- based on your allegation-- hundreds of thousands of ACORN members, employees and officials involved in such a criminal enterprise? Like members of the mafia, are all of ACORN's members aware that they're criminals participating in a criminal enterprise or have some been duped into supporting a criminal enterprise? The was the basis for nkb's question.
You really cannot process information can you? Of course not all of them are criminals. That was the point of the silly percentages I gave.

Quote:
Yeah? What's your beef with the outcome? And what are you doing, as a member of that non-criminal enterprise to which you belong, to ensure that there is transparency in the future? Have you joined others in condemning the church's 1962 Crimen sollicitationis document, the policy contents of which the current pope was responsible for enforcing?
Google is your friend. There must be several thousand pounds worth of documentation about what the Church has done to clean up this problem.

Quote:
You've done no such thing. And even if you have, you've never before had a problem repeating the same assertions more than 15 times. If you know of any bishops who have been criminally (not civilly) held to account for covering up for pedophile priests, why not just state it for a 16th time?
I haven't stated this once!!! There's that lack of reading skills again! Just in this thread alone, I have repeated something I have said many times before-- some bishops ought to have gone to prison. Here, for example:
http://ravingatheists.com/forum/show...2&postcount=76

Quote:
Perhaps, you need to wrie more carefully. You quite clearly implied that we burn sex abusers at the stake in front of our city halls.

I did no such thing. Anyone with an IQ above freezing would understand clearly what I wrote here:

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Wrist slapping? Are you out of your mind? You are spewing vitriol and ignorance. Do you have any idea how many priests went to prison? Wrist slapping indeed. Maybe you'd prefer that we burn them at the stake in front of city hall? Just like we do other sex offenders?
I know this is subtle but I am asking nkb (who likely didn't get it either) just what punishment he would like to see meted out to the priests, since prison and disgrace don't satisfy him. Since we clearly don't burn other sex offenders at the stake in front of city hall, all but the dimmest bulbs ought to hear the sarcasm.

Quote:
And maybe you should let justice take its course in the prosecutions of those ACORN workers who have been alleged to have committed crimes in the commission of their duties as employees of the organization instead of going off half-cocked and making wild, unsubstantiated accusations about the organization as whole. Hmm?
As a tax payer I am one of the people they have robbed. As a citizen, I am one of the people whose elections they have tried to steal as they subvert the law. There is nothing wild or unsubstantiated about anything I have said. I haven't even scratched the surface of what is known about their crimes and and tactics.

Quote:
Maybe you should think through your charges against ACORN a little more carefully?
Nope. They are true and there is far more to come.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #41
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Lily wrote:

"But the Church is not a corporation nor does it have a single direct chain of command. The better analogy is the local school/Dept. of Education but even that is not perfect since the Church is so much bigger and spread out over most of the world. Like I just told you, priests and bishops are not employees"

..I beg to differ, the church is a DIVINE CORPORATION, with a direct chain of command that goes like this:

Zombie Jesus, his Vicar the pope who HEARS HIM & is thus INFALLIBLE, then the camerlengo who is the pope in waiting, then the College of Cardinals, then archbishops, then bishops, priests & vestal Virgins ( nuns) represented by monastic institutions then altar boys with open mouths & anointed arses.

Aren't you a Catholic Christ-psychosis infected woman that accept the POPE as vicar of Christ, that Zombie Jesus is real answering prayers, kneeling in Church during mass hoping jesus visits your ass anointing it with oil after receiving a holy sacrament of grass?

Remember priests & bishops are EMPLOYEES of Zombie Jesus and must obey the very command of its holy mouth piece the pope.

..and you are a Catholic?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #42
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Somewhere in Proverbs it says that it is folly to answer a fool. Never has that been clearer to me than here. Not only are you answering T2 stupidly because you simply cannot follow his argument, you are deflecting and ignoring the obvious and trying to make the ACORN scandals about me. The problem for you is that no matter how much applause you win here, ACORN is cooked and you can't do a damned thing to keep some minimal amount of justice from being done.

You really cannot process information can you? Of course not all of them are criminals. That was the point of the silly percentages I gave.

Google is your friend. There must be several thousand pounds worth of documentation about what the Church has done to clean up this problem.

I haven't stated this once!!! There's that lack of reading skills again! Just in this thread alone, I have repeated something I have said many times before-- some bishops ought to have gone to prison.

I did no such thing. Anyone with an IQ above freezing would understand clearly what I wrote here:

I know this is subtle but I am asking nkb (who likely didn't get it either) just what punishment he would like to see meted out to the priests, since prison and disgrace don't satisfy him. Since we clearly don't burn other sex offenders at the stake in front of city hall, all but the dimmest bulbs ought to hear the sarcasm.

As a tax payer I am one of the people they have robbed. As a citizen, I am one of the people whose elections they have tried to steal as they subvert the law. There is nothing wild or unsubstantiated about anything I have said. I haven't even scratched the surface of what is known about their crimes and and tactics.

..and proverbs 12:1 also say: To LEarn you must want to be taught" and Christ-psychotics REFUSE to be taught NEW THINGS for they prefer to accept the writings of an ancient book written by ignorant deluded sheep herders under the influence of datura, amanita or ergot contaminated bread. This makes them RETARDED which is obvious when we see them in this 21st Century accepting something as stupid as Matthew 27-52:53 Night of the Living Ancient Dead as true

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #43
nkb

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Well, maybe you need to clarify then. You state that ACORN is a criminal organization, from top to bottom. What percentage of employees have to be criminals for this statement to be true?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Google is your friend too. There is far more documentation about what the Church did to cover up the crimes, and silence the victims.

Maybe you can google, and then answer my question on how long these crimes were covered up, and how these crimes were finally uncovered (hint: nobody at the RCC grew a conscience all of a sudden).
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I know this is subtle but I am asking nkb (who likely didn't get it either) just what punishment he would like to see meted out to the priests, since prison and disgrace don't satisfy him.
And I explained it to you quite clearly. Everyone (and I mean everyone) involved in the crimes, and their coverup, should be prosecuted and, if found guilty, put in jail.
For this to happen, the RCC needs to come clean, and stop holding back information. If they really are remorseful about the whole mess, give up all priests that they transferred to avoid prosecution.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
As a tax payer I am one of the people they have robbed.
Yet, once again, you have no issues with Halliburton giving taxpayers a bleeding asshole from the assfucking they've given. ACORN's portion isn't even worth a mention compared to that. But, no, that's different.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
As a citizen, I am one of the people whose elections they have tried to steal as they subvert the law.
For fuck's sake, stop with this lie already.
There were no elections stolen, or attempted to be stolen (outside of what all politicians do every year). ACORN workers defrauded ACORN, by filling out voter registration forms with bogus information, and pretending to have actually done the work of getting unregistered voters registered.

How fucking hard is that to understand? Voter registration fraud is not the same as voter fraud. Unless you are claiming that ACORN was planning on issuing fake IDs in the names of Mickey Moose and Ronald McDonald, and having people vote under those names, it has nothing to do with the actual election.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
There is nothing wild or unsubstantiated about anything I have said.

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I haven't even scratched the surface of what is known about their crimes and and tactics.
Funny, that's the same thought I had about the RCC.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #44
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Somewhere in Proverbs it says that it is folly to answer a fool.
We're all fools to you, as you have made plain so many times. So why don't you be a good little Christian and shut the fuck up? Could it be that you're not really a good Christian at all, but a poseur and persistent scold who will use any excuse to lecture others because she is incapable of anything more productive?

Quote:
Lily wrote
Never has that been clearer to me than here. Not only are you answering T2 stupidly because you simply cannot follow his argument, you are deflecting and ignoring the obvious and trying to make the ACORN scandals about me. The problem for you is that no matter how much applause you win here, ACORN is cooked and you can't do a damned thing to keep some minimal amount of justice from being done.
Can it with the hyperbole. How many times are you going to disingenuously claim to be discovering for the first time just how dense you think I am? It's a very transparent tactic anytime you're called on your endless bullshit.

T2 ain't kickin' nobody's ass in the Ask Lily thread, least of all mine. He doesn't have an argument that he's truly willing to defend because he can't defend it. Neither can you, which is why you're hiding over here.

This is about you and your obsessions more than it is ACORN and for the reasons both nkb and I have stated.

Quote:
Lily wrote
So now you're claiming that your silly answer to a stupid question was in actuality a serious and genuine answer to a pertinent question? Make up your mind, will ya?

Quote:
Lily wrote
More evasions. I'm not surprised, of course. If there are abundant reforms you should have no problem citing one or two on which you are personally insistent that there is actual follow-through.

Quote:
Lily wrote
I haven't stated this once!!! There's that lack of reading skills again! Just in this thread alone, I have repeated something I have said many times before-- some bishops ought to have gone to prison. Here, for example:
http://ravingatheists.com/forum/show...2&postcount=76
First of all, I wasn't accusing of you not having previously brought up the old pedophile priest/pedophile teacher canard, as if it somehow supports your stupid assertion that it is evidence that we are biased towards public teachers who molest their children.

We also have not raised the spectre of the thousands upon thousands of uncles out there who have molested their nieces and nephews in comparison to the number of Catholic priests who have molested their young charges. And, unless there are credible allegations that the officials of any public school district in this country have actively sought to enable and shield from prosecution any of its teachers who have been alleged to have molested their students, the whole "teachers also molest kids" excuse should not be brought up again in relation to this discussion of the Catholic church's handling of its child-buggering priests.

Nor was I asking you how many times you claimed to want to see some bishops do hard time. I specifically asked if any them have actually been indicted on charges of shielding these pedophile priests from prosecution and leaving these priests free to commit the same acts over and over again for years? You replied that I should know because I had been apprised of this as many as 15 times by you. I still don't recall your having ever done that.

Quote:
Lily wrote

First of all, nkb was not complaining about those priests who have been indicted, prosecuted and sentenced. He was talking about the bishops who shielded them from prosecution for decades, in some cases. Secondly, you weren't being sarcastic; you made a bizarre statement about "other sex offenders" that was flat-out untrue in response to his query about the alleged enablers of these pedophile priests being brought to justice.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Yes, you have asserted this many times, but you most certainly have not substantiated your assertions with any facts beyond the few that we already know about and for which there is documentation (though, for which there have been no actual prosecutions or convictions, thus far). Where are the convictions for fraud and documented evidence that ACORN workers were directed by Bertha Lewis and the board of directors to faslify voter registration forms?

And of course you haven't scratched the surface of the organizations other alleged crimes. Fox News and Rush Limbaugh haven't share the allegations with you yet.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Hmm. Your allegations are true even before a single trial has been held and convictions pronounced. Interesting. Let's hope you're never picked to serve on a jury.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #45
clambake
shred

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Apparently, you don't have a clue. I live in a right-to-work state, and you still have to build your case to actually fire someone.
A minor point, and I could be wrong, but I believe you can be fired for any reason, but the employer needs to build a case if they don't want to pay out unemployment benefits.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote