Old 01-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #46
Simple Mind

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Now, now. Simple Mind knows, he just knows, what I think about this and every other subject. Do not take his simple minded beliefs away. If he were ever to learn that untold millions of Christians have no problem with evolution or with science, his head would explode.

On the other hand, would that be a bad thing?
evolution is contrary to what the fundamentalist of your ilk claim to be the truth

if a Christian accepts evolutionary ideals as fact they are not being true to the basic tenets of their faith

or put simply

hypochristians

as with all things faith based, as they are proven to be wrong, the story is changed by the pious to fit the knowledge attained via real science

Just ask Copernicus and Galileo

where do you think the whole crock of shit I.D. came from?

the believers were no longer able to seriously challenge the truths of evolution, so rather than admit that they are morons,.they invented I.D.

so very typical

Last edited by Simple Mind; 01-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #47
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I am not belittling anyone who is seriously looking for knowlege. I am laughing at those who think it is enough to mutter "science" like a mantra and believe that they understand it, when they obviously don't. How many such have you put straight? Choobus? ADT? Do you really think that every atheist who has come through here is a seeker of truth and understanding? C'mon, you and I both know that there are and have been an awful lot of 13-17 year olds (and probably much older, were the truth known) who have come here only because they are allowed to swear and talk dirty!
so - we are back to my original question then- where in what was originally posted did you see a lack of knowledge about science other than in your little tiny mind and through assumption-coloured spectacles? Come on - admit it- you just took it as an opportunity to have a go- go on go on go on go on go on go on go on - you did din't ya

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #48
Lily

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
But Lily, how did you come to the conclusion that Whisper was just blowing smoke?
I didn't, exactly. I noted that she declares those questions are "dripping with FAIL" but didn't follow up by demonstrating any knowledge of the answers. Nor did the next couple of posts. I frequently see an assumption of superiority on the part of those who cannot answer those questions properly but who will, nevetheless, breezily declare their intellectual superiority. It would be quite enlightening to see how they would answer the person who posted those questions and to see what sort of discussion ensues. In fact, where is the link??? Maybe I would like to have a go at it.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #49
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote
I frequently see an assumption of superiority on the part of those who cannot answer those questions properly but who will, nevetheless, breezily declare their intellectual superiority.
Really? Tell us more.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #50
GodIsAMyth

It is a bit more difficult to explain or defend evolution than is to say "ummm there was this dude who was always there and he created everything and he rules everything". Do these fuckwit christians really expect us to explain evolution on a fucking forum? Read a REAL book you dumb cunts! Log off.......go to a bookstore or library.....purchase or check out a book on evolution......learn to read big words.......and learn for yourselves!

Hey! Christians! If you had the slightest grasp on evolution you would know that things don't change or evolve from a fish to a mammal like...POOF! One generation it is a fish and the next is a fucking lizard. Here is how Dawkins put it (and I'm totally using my own words here). You can't see your loved ones age or see the hour hand on a clock move, but we know they do...right? Try it...take a out pic of your kid when he/she was a toddler...then one as an adolescent...then one as a teen. See all of the changes? You didn't actually see the child growing and changing because that is impossible. Evolution is similar as far as how slowly and minutely things DO change (except evolution takes a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time). Fuck! Just READ you fucking morons!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #51
GodIsAMyth

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
And once again, Lily gets totally owned while trying to defend the indefensible!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #52
Lily

Quote:
GodIsAMyth wrote View Post
It is a bit more difficult to explain or defend evolution than is to say "ummm there was this dude who was always there and he created everything and he rules everything".
No, actually it is not.

Quote:
Do these fuckwit christians really expect us to explain evolution on a fucking forum?
Who is us? I know you can't but there are those here who can and have done so very well.

Quote:
Hey! Christians! If you had the slightest grasp on evolution you would know that things don't change or evolve from a fish to a mammal like...POOF!
You are hilarious. You could take this angry, ignorant atheist act on the road. But you have to avoid overdoing it or you won't be believable. If you play the college circuit, most of your audience can be expected to know that huge numbers of Christians are very comfortable with evolutionary theory and that many scientists are Christians. I'd name a few of the most famous, but you won't know who they are.

Quote:
Fuck! Just READ you fucking morons!
Physician, heal thyself. What a foolish, sad, creature you are, Daisy Mae. What have you read lately? I don't mean silly pop atheist drivel but serious books on any subject under the sun?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #53
GodIsAMyth

Did someone fart? Oh! Sorry, that was just Lily speaking.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #54
Lily

Teenagers are annoying enough, when they are real teenagers. When they are middle-aged women, they are pitiable.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #55
GodIsAMyth

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #56
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Aw, did old lady Lillers do a doody in her diaper again?

All of this huffing and puffing just to cover the fact that her Christian allies are imbeciles!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote