Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Sopater48

Soapater's Dumping Ground...

Hi,
Best laugh I've had in ages, this site. Blessings to you all. The world would laugh some more if you all came out from behind your screens.

God has three ways to bring about a better world.

1) Violence.

2) Mystical surety.

3) Love.

The first did not work. The second brought idol worship instead of faith. So the third was tried. The Son came to show that love conquers all.

I wouldn't say that Jesus was the only way to salvation but he certainly is the only sure way.

Peace
S48

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 02-13-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

So Allsmitey God has struck out then: three tries, three epic fails. Satan wins, the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Sopater48

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
So Allsmitey God has struck out then: three tries, three epic fails. Satan wins, the end.
For you, so far. Yes.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Whisper

What a load of steaming horse shit.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sopater48 wrote View Post
Hi,
Best laugh I've had in ages, this site. Blessings to you all. The world would laugh some more if you all came out from behind your screens.
Why? So you could pelt us with stones while you were simultaneously bestowing your blessings upon our dead bodies?

Would that really amuse you?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Sopater48

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Why? So you could pelt us with stones while you were simultaneously bestowing your blessings upon our dead bodies?

Would that really amuse you?

I am no expert but I think the doctors would call that a pretty definate persecution complex.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
I am no expert but I think the doctors would call that a pretty definate persecution complex.
Yes. And what would the doctors call pretending to bestow blessings upon those you hate?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Hi,

1) Violence.

2) Mystical surety.

3) Love.

The first did not work. The second brought idol worship instead of faith. So the third was tried. The Son came to show that love conquers all.

I wouldn't say that Jesus was the only way to salvation but he certainly is the only sure way.

Peace
S48
What we have here, is some useless fuckup who needs to try something radical, like maybe materialising as a giant hand throwing candy.
That might work?

Cherry liqueurs
D00

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Sopater48

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
What we have here, is some useless fuckup who needs to try something radical, like maybe materialising as a giant hand throwing candy.
That might work?

Cherry liqueurs
D00
This is like running through syrup in snow shoes.

The above comes under 2.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Irreligious
I Live Here

Look, Soapter, you're not here as a goodwill ambassador, so lay your cards on the table. What do you want?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The above comes under 2.
Almost. #2's would be correct.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
Sopater48

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Look, Soapter, you're not here as a goodwill ambassador, so lay your cards on the table. What do you want?
That is a very good question.

Perhaps I just want to spend a few hours on a Saturday evening poking fun at athiests. I hope this isn't my motive but I suppose if I am honest it might be. I read the other threads and don't see why, if you are happy to give it so why not.

or

Interesting dialogue.

or

I am also trying, to some degree, to be a goodwill ambassador.

or

I was an athiest for most of my life (just didn't believe in God- whatever type of athiest that it) but I experienced a (physical) miracle and now I do. I want others to understand the joy.

or

A combination of all 4 possibly.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Hi,

1) Violence.

2) Mystical surety.

3) Love.

Peace
S48
Wow! We are all really impressed that your imaginary friend is so much more delicious than all other imaginary friends!

You seem to have missed at least one other way that your god has to bring about a better world:

4. Duping credulous dolts into believing they shouldn't be violent assholes in order to win a magical trip to paradise.

What was your purpose here, asshole?

BTW, who is the "world" you are alluding to? Is it the world of ignorant theists who are blowing each other apart over whose god has more love? Or is it the world of secularists who are bringing you scientific enlightenment and technological advancement?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator

Last edited by ghoulslime; 12-12-2009 at 02:06 PM.
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:

Perhaps I just want to spend a few hours on a Saturday evening poking fun at athiests. I hope this isn't my motive but I suppose if I am honest it might be. I read the other threads and don't see why, if you are happy to give it so why not.

or

Interesting dialogue.

or

or

I was an athiest for most of my life (just didn't believe in God- whatever type of athiest that it) but I experienced a (physical) miracle and now I do. I want others to understand the joy.

or

Well, you have brought such joy and good will thus far!
Shouldn't you be waiting by your chimney for Santa to cum in your stocking?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
GodIsAMyth

Quote:

or

Interesting dialogue.

or

or

or

What miracle

did

you

experience

and could

it have been

explained away

in

any other way?

My guess is that it could be.