Old 08-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Helping the Poor and Downtrodden

There's something missing in the news footage of the refugees fleeing war horrors in their African and Mid East countries, risking their lives to Mediterranean bandits ripping them off and drowning plenty in the rickety boats.
Where are the priests and nuns, you know, the folks who so deeply care about the poor and the downtrodden? I should expect to see numbers of them amongst the refugees, distributing food and clothing and other necessities. Perhaps they disguise themselves as refugees?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Davin
Obsessed Member

Nah, god only helps those that help themselves. That's why Jesus spent all his time telling people to take everything they can and sit around doing nothing for anyone else.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

http://hungarianspectrum.org/2015/09...ery-christian/

Quote:
In the middle of July Miklós Soltész, undersecretary in charge of communication between the government and religious, nationality and civic organizations, called together the Council of Charitable Organizations, whose members are the Catholic Caritas, the Hungarian Reformed Church Aid, the Hungarian Maltese Charity Service, the Baptist Charity Service, the Hungarian Red Cross, and the Hungarian Ecumenical Aid Service. It was becoming painfully obvious that these charitable organizations were doing very little to alleviate the suffering of the asylum seekers who were arriving in Hungary on their way farther west.

As far as I can see, the main concern of church leaders is how much money they can get from the government.
Gee, I thought all those kind loving religious folk were so full of concern and empathy for the poor and downtrodden! Fucking liars!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote