Old 07-23-2017, 04:07 AM   #76
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quoting Andrew66:

Quote:
certainly their is evidence for theology.

I go here only when I'm completely and utterly board
You can always spot the Theologue with the fake Doctorate - they don't know the difference between "there" and "their", or "board" and "bored", and can't seem to master the use of a spell checker.

And they can't resist displaying their distain by throwing in an ad hominem or two, but then what else do they have?

Quote:
About 1/4 to 1/3 of the time you make a useful comment which helps guide theists like me in sharpening our arguments.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #77
Andrew66

You can always spot an Atheist,
Nothing creative or interesting to say -
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #78
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
You can always spot an Atheist,
Nothing creative or interesting to say -
You can always spot a JJ -
they can't resist displaying their disdain by throwing in an ad hominem or two, but then what else do they have?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM   #79
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
All I can say Davin is you spend a hell of alot of time on this site. If you're not paid then you truly are an "obsessed member".
It seems very important to you that I am paid for this.

Is this because you are paid to come out and peddle your bullshit and you're just projecting?

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
You obviously don't believe in existence of a God - why do you spend even a second of your time debating it?.
So boring. It doesn't matter what kind of bullshit it is, I oppose bullshit. You make theism out to be something special, but I just put in the bullshit bucket.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
I go here only when I'm completely and utterly board - as I enjoy the sparring - and also I enjoy discussing the possibilities and arguments which lend themselves to the existence of a God.
When you're board huh? I come here and other forums to prevent myself from getting bored. Your posts are always good for a laugh.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
You where a gentleman and you continue to be by responding to me - much more than anyone else. Hee Hee Hee.. it bugs you when I'm nice eh? In fact I'm sure your a very nice sweet person down deep. And really smart to.. in a second class kind of way (sorry you seem to struggle with slightly more abstract concepts, but keep working on it).
No, it wouldn't bug me if you managed to be nice. It doesn't bug when you're rude. You're not important enough to be able to bug me, but you are easy laugh at.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
As usual you are not carefully reading and replying. Theology is merely the study of religion. Surely you don't mean to say there is no such thing as the mere study of religion. You might think its all bullshit, but certainly their is evidence for theology.
Sure, there is evidence of theology, but there no evidence for theology. You need to read more carefully.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
[removed dumb ass bullshit]GOD BLESS YOU MY SON!
Oh no, not the "god bless you!" I can't handle those! What am I going to do if you put up a thin facade of pretending to be nice? I suppose I'll just keep up not giving a fuck.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
Yes thank you!! I will amend the statement sir - God Bless!!! Look out for the next post, again thank you!!!
You're welcome! Maybe some time you'll be able to make a whole post without committing a fallacy. Maybe you should try making shorter posts.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM   #80
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
When limited purely by empirical, reproducible, and/ or primae facie evidence, the furthest one can take a God argument is that
a) intelligent life exists
b) it is unknown to what degree how powerful and intelligent lifeforms may have become,
c) there is therefore an unproven possibility that a God like entity exists.
And this is a far cry from a God like entity existing, and having anything to do with us.

Shall we co-sign this Davin. ?? Again thanks sooo soo much for your help.
A is alright, B makes no sense, and C doesn't follow. Go ahead, try again, I'm sure you get this whole logic thing if you keep trying.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM   #81
Andrew66

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
A is alright, B makes no sense, and C doesn't follow. Go ahead, try again, I'm sure you get this whole logic thing if you keep trying.
How's this, I tried to break it down more and make more clear.

When limited purely by empirical, reproducible, and/ or primae facie evidence, the furthest one can take a God argument is that
b) intelligent life exists in many forms, some more powerful than others
c) it is unknown how powerful and intelligent a lifeform within the vast history and expanse of existence may have become,
d) there is an unproven possibility that at least one intelligent lifeform may have reached a degree of power to perform acts such as: changing water into wine, levitating, walking on water, curing of sick by touch, bringing dead things back to life -
e) A God like entity may therefore exist.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #82
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
c) it is unknown how powerful and intelligent a lifeform within the vast history and expanse of existence may have become,
d) there is an unproven possibility that at least one intelligent lifeform may have reached a degree of power to perform acts such as: changing water into wine, levitating, walking on water, curing of sick by touch, bringing dead things back to life -
e) A God like entity may therefore exist.
A is alright.
B is alright.
C doesn't make any sense.
D Doesn't make any sense.
E doesn't follow.

Instead of removing irrational things, you've added in more.

Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #83
Andrew66

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
A is alright.
B is alright.
C doesn't make any sense.
D Doesn't make any sense.
E doesn't follow.
OK C is written in plane English and makes sense.
D is written in plane Enclgish and makes sense
I have omitted E.

c) it is unknown how powerful and intelligent a lifeform can be, and how powerful and intelligent a lifeform presently exists,
d) there is an unproven possibility that at least one intelligent lifeform may have reached a degree of power to perform acts such as: changing water into wine, levitating, walking on water, curing of sick by touch, bringing dead things back to life.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #84
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I have omitted E.

c) it is unknown how powerful and intelligent a lifeform can be, and how powerful and intelligent a lifeform presently exists,
d) there is an unproven possibility that at least one intelligent lifeform may have reached a degree of power to perform acts such as: changing water into wine, levitating, walking on water, curing of sick by touch, bringing dead things back to life.

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #85
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I have omitted E.

Yeah, the English is fine, I was talking about logically. The C and D premises don't make sense logically in that they might as well not even be there. There are an infinite amount of unproven and unknown things, so saying that there are unknown and unproven things, doesn't do anything to the argument. They are irrational.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #86
Andrew66

Well, then it comes down to.

1) God may exist.

Do you agree with this very simple statement??
Old Today, 01:41 AM   #87
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

1) God may exist.

Old Today, 01:59 AM   #88
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

1) God may exist.

Quote:
A creator by my definition is of course theoretically possible. You are a creator. You eat food and create poop. So what?

You should be so very proud of your creation.

You should gaze upon it and say "it is good!"
- Hobotronic2037

Old Today, 02:08 AM   #89
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Andrew66 wrote
Quote:

1) God may exist.

Dear Andrew66,

The Universe may have been created and is run by an intelligent teapot.

Do you agree with this very simple statement?

Old Today, 02:12 AM   #90
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

With the demise of decent entertainment on TV it's nice to see the rediscovery of the imbecile as comedic alternative. Hi, Andrew!