Old 09-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Shirley this has been posted here already, but I can't find it. Why don't our theological disputes ever end with a good throttling?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
whoneedscience

Quote:
“Later, I wanted to watch the God Channel but the TV would not work."
Is it just me, or did she definitely make up what she was watching? My guess is "Desperate Housewives."
Old 09-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
HeathenLifer

"The devil made him do it." Words from about every abused wife.

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Baphomet

I thought a chord of three strands was not easily broken.

Oh well, don't christians have higher divorce rates as well?
Old 09-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
UnknownUser

Quote:
...Watson had gone upstairs in an attempt to get away from the argument after their “religious discussion” about the film became heated.
There is an argument i would of loved to see, two xtians attacking each other about if jesus got 14 or 15 lashes.

Quote:
Watson told the police that everything his wife said about him must be true because she never lied.
Nope they never lie, except to themselves.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
BodaciousB

What do you suppose would happen if one of their kids said, "I don't believe in god, so I'm not going to be going to church today."

That is what I said to my mom one Sunday morning when I was 12.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
Ickybod

Quote:
BodaciousB wrote
What do you suppose would happen if one of their kids said, "I don't believe in god, so I'm not going to be going to church today."

Yet when I said that, they still forced me to go even though I'm supposed to have the free will to believe or not. Where's the free will?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
BodaciousB wrote

When you were 12? You have a very, very healthy brain!!..:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #9
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ArchyDeluxe wrote
Quote:
BodaciousB wrote

Yet when I said that, they still forced me to go even though I'm supposed to have the free will to believe or not. Where's the free will?
What do you mean "where's the free will," God gave you a complete simple and fair choice and that's worship him or burn in hell forever. Free will is right in front of you but you atheists have a heart of stone and can't even see reality :rolleyes:
JU Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
whoneedscience

Quote:
ArchyDeluxe wrote
Quote:
BodaciousB wrote

Yeah, same result here.

It's an even worse idea at 8 years old. Parents don't like to hear questions like "but how did all the animals survive after the ark if there were only two of every kind?", but it's worse than that at 18, when you are capable of giving undeniable reasons not to believe.

I think there's some sort of understanding that young kids have no free will and thus need to be forced to believe, and that if yours ever questions the idea, you've somehow failed as a parent.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #11
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
ArchyDeluxe wrote
Quote:
BodaciousB wrote

God gives us free will, but parents do not!

Sad story, by the way. Sad that religious fundamentalism can drive one to spousal abuse! :(
Old 09-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
A.M. Clear

Quote:
“The Devil was in the house that night. I had to remind Michael that I am one of God’s annointed people. It was the devil that made him do that.”
Yeah, blame Satan for his anger! :rolleyes:
Old 09-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #13
Baphomet

Quote:
A.M. Clear wrote
Quote:
“The Devil was in the house that night. I had to remind Michael that I am one of God’s annointed people. It was the devil that made him do that.”
Yeah, blame Satan for his anger! :rolleyes:
Yeah, and if Satan could make people do things, I think he'd be doing more than causing disputes in the household. Wouldn't he be ruling countries by making the leaders do things and what not?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
postbicameral

Quote:
The court was told that the couple, both devout Christians, celebrated his birthday with dinner and a bottle of wine before sitting down to watch The Passion of the Christ.
This is your problem, right here. IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY!!! Give him a beer, a blowjob, and a steak for crying out loud. SHIT! I would cringe every fucking year on the day before my birthday if I knew that was what was waiting for me when I got home.

By the way, now that I think about it, today is the day before my birthday. I'm gonna go check the DVD player...
Old 09-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #15
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Screw the "Passion of the Nutjobs."

I prefer the Passion of the Benny Hill.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote