Quote:
Method21 wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote
Good one, Xans.

(That was a joke, I hope.)
No joke, I'm not surprised a flood made Britain an island.
Please tell me, why would a flood make Britain an island? Where did all that water come from? It just poofed out of thin air?
No dipshit, it's believe to have come from an ice-damned lake.

Why do you insist on making us look bad, you theistic troll?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #32
Method21

Hey, thanks for the link.
I just want to know Xans' perspective, that is all.
Theistic troll? Oh, I'm hurt... :cry:
Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #33
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Method21 wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote
Good one, Xans.

Please tell me, why would a flood make Britain an island? Where did all that water come from? It just poofed out of thin air?
Look at the article in the beginning of this thread or look into the hydro plate theory for an answer.
Xans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #34
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Not surprising a flood made Britain an island considering the catastrophic world wide flood written of in the Bible.
OK, genius, then why is Britain still an island? Didn't the water from this flood go away?
The water from this flood settled into what we now know as oceans. Look into the hydro plate theory.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #35
Kamikaze189

Choose between science or make-believe and just stick with it. It's not that hard of a choice, really.

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #36
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Not surprising a flood made Britain an island considering the catastrophic world wide flood written of in the Bible.
OK, genius, then why is Britain still an island? Didn't the water from this flood go away?
The water from this flood settled into what we now know as oceans. Look into the hydro plate theory.
The hydroplate theory is creationist science, and isn't even a theory. Do you really not have anything better than that?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #37
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Method21 wrote
I know, that sounded odd...
I mean, with all the water already here on earth, where did all that extra water come from to flood the entire earth.
The water came from underground.

Water deep underground? Kola Superdeep Borehole:

To the surprise of the researchers, they did not find the expected transition from granite to basalt at 3-6 kilometers beneath the surface. Data had long shown that seismic waves travel significantly faster below that depth, and geologists had believed that this was due to a "basement" of basalt. Instead, the difference was discovered to be a change in the rock brought on my intense heat pressure, or metamorphic rock. Even more surprisingly, this deep rock was found to be saturated in water which filled the cracks. Because free water should not be found at those depths, scientists theorize that the water is comprised of hydrogen and oxygen atoms which were squeezed out of the surrounding rocks due to the incredible pressure. The water was then prevented from rising to the surface because of the layer of impermeable rocks above it.

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=567
Old 07-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #38
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
The hydroplate theory is creationist science, and isn't even a theory. Do you really not have anything better than that?
I see your reasoning. You've deemed creationist science unfavorable. Thus any claims made by creationist scientists will be false. There is a logical fallacy in your reasoning. And the hydro plate theory is a theory.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #39
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
I see your reasoning. You've deemed creationist science unfavorable. Thus any claims made by creationist scientists will be false. There is a logical fallacy in your reasoning. And the hydro plate theory is a theory.
Xans, creationist science isn't science because none of it has been tested properly. All creationist science has failed in peer review, which is why it never gets published in journals. The hydro plate theory is at best a hypothesis, maybe proto-science.

http://mypage.direct.ca/w/writer/hydro.html

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #40
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
If you say so, it must be true. Wishful thinking and crackpot ideas are now scientific theories.

Maybe you need a refresher course on what science means, and how theories are developed.

Let me see if I can get this straight.
Observation: There is water under the Earth's surface.
Theory: All of the Earth's crust was floating on an immense deposit of water, which broke through to the surface, flooded the entire world, then went back underneath to float the Earth's crust again.

Yep, that logically follows. How could I have ever doubted creation science?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #41
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Xans wrote
Talking out of my arse again.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #42
Kamikaze189

Oh, ok. He was sticking with make-believe.

Carry on, Xans.

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
Method21 wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote
Good one, Xans.

One day, you might perhaps manage to post something that doesn't make you look like a retard. I'm looking forward to that day.

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #44
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
If you say so, it must be true. Wishful thinking and crackpot ideas are now scientific theories.

Maybe you need a refresher course on what science means, and how theories are developed.
Maybe you need to learn that science is the best means to an end, not the end itself. How theories are developed can vary.
Quote:
Theory: All of the Earth's crust was floating on an immense deposit of water, which broke through to the surface, flooded the entire world, then went back underneath to float the Earth's crust again.
So you get it "strait". The water didn't go back underneath the crust. It settled into what we now call oceans, the earth's hydro plates slid apart making room for this during the flood. The water found in the Russian drilling is simply residual water left over.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #45
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote

Maybe you need to learn that science is the best means to an end, not the end itself. How theories are developed can vary.
Quote:
So you get it "strait". The water didn't go back underneath the crust. It settled into what we now call oceans, the earth's hydro plates slid apart making room for this during the flood. The water found in the deep bore hole is simply residual water left over.
Xans, do you really believe this baloney? or are you just yanking us?

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote