chrisbeach
New Member!

chrisbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #17
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Jeez Michael, I can't believe you posted her 636 times just so you could spam this site. Piss off you fucking spammer.
Damn right. Now I'm out, bitches!

EDIT: Actually, it was a good few more, but we all lost some postcount when jerry's thread went away.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #18
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Oh well, it was worth it. Almost as satisfying as taking a big dump.

By the way, maybe I should start calling you Mugsy?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #19
psychodiva
I Live Here

there is a quote thread on here

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
Davin
Obsessed Member

Micheal wasn't even rude, so I don't see how Micheal was reinforcing the "angry atheist" stereotype. Pointing out that a person was being rude is not in itself rude behavior (though it can be done in a rude manner).

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #21
chrisbeach
New Member!

Davin,

Michael has edited one or two of his posts to improve the tone since my replies.
chrisbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #22
Michael
Obsessed Member

That's certainly possible - often my posts get edited in some way. I don't think I changed them too drastically from their original. Definitely not more than a few words in any case, and almost certainly not the tone of the post.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #23
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Oh well, it was worth it. Almost as satisfying as taking a big dump.

By the way, maybe I should start calling you Mugsy?
If you want. People might not have a clue what the hell you're talking about, though.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
chrisbeach wrote View Post
Davin,

Michael has edited one or two of his posts to improve the tone since my replies.
Look, person, you've been treated way better than any other person that comes here with a link to their shit in their first post. I've no doubt that the posts may have changed a little bit, but even if it was the worst shit ever told to another person, the fact that it now doesn't represent that (and that editing after a minute makes a note that the post has been edited appear, and that after some time, he cannot go back and edit his posts ever again)... oh shits, well. Even if they were the worst things ever expressed to a human being, the fact that Micheal changed it to something that is in no way rude, still shows that he's not being rude.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Fuck me, even the dirty spam links are as boring as shit these days - our quotes are much more entertaining.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #26
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I happened to be online at the time Michael was posting and I think he edited out a bit where he wrote "fuck off you shit stained, nappy wearing, cock sucker, atheist cunt spammer".

Um...that's if my memory serves me correctly, I could be wrong.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #27
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
chrisbeach wrote View Post
You're one of those people who helps reinforce the "angry atheist" stereotype, Michael.
With all due respect, chrisbeach, you are wrong on this point. Many theists have a vested interest in tagging outspoken atheists as angry. Of course theists would prefer us to be docile and, more importantly, quiet. That would certainly serve their ends. Michael's response to your plugging your atheist website here has nothing to do with that state of affairs.

Quote:
chrisbeach wrote
Of course I don't feel bad for sharing my atheist link on this atheist forum.
And why should we feel bad for pointing out that it was a shameless attempt on your part to increase traffic at your website? It's true, isn't it? And you, yourself, already acknowledged that, as a conversation starter, it was bad form.

As a new member, it would have been nice if you had first shared a little of your biographical information with us and/or a reaction to something that you had read on this site. That's what most folks who plan to stick around for a bit do.

Others, of course, have plugged their websites and quickly moved on to the next virtual venue, which says to us: "I don't want to engage you. I just want your undivided attention."

Quote:
chrisbeach wrote
I only feel bad for other new joiners that are deflected from this site by your aggressive attitude.
It's also aggressive to introduce one's self to an assembled group of strangers by saying, in effect: "Hey, stop what you're doing and look over here. Bye."

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - I've started my own company recently, and it's hard to get attention (jell.tv, since we're sharing). That doesn't mean I'm going to go onto random forums related to that and introduce myself by saying "hey come visit my website, by the way I know this is rude but I don't care", because that's a dick move and doesn't really paint me or my company in a good light. I might do it, however, if I joined and contributed for a bit so they knew i wasn't just trying to use them. I'm coming up with other ways to advertise that don't involve doing that.

Actually, I don't think I've even advertised my website on this forum, and I am a regular contributor here. It's a big part of the culture here not to do things like that. You didn't know that, so we'll move past it after a bit of grief, don't worry about that. Unless you do a hit-and-run, in which case we'll lose any respect we could have had for you or your website.
Call me at enduranceseo.com

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. Any chance of posting your favourite Athiest quote on here, maybe just to give us a taster of magnificence?
If you're anything like the rest of our `community` of internet enabled device users, I'm sure you too are perpetually bombarded with begging messages. The fact that some of us don't actually want to be atheists, it is forced upon us, somewhat dampens our enthusiasm for poring over lists of quotes we've seen, or variations of, thousands of times. Note: these things are always better viewed in context. The exception to this is our very own quotes in our very own quotes page, as has been pointed out by others.
Sorry if this comes across as a shitty attitude & has gone towards a reduced http://ravingatheists.com/forum experience, but bye.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I don't know whether Chris will be back so I thought I'd give you my favourite atheist quote of all time.

"Do you do anal?". - Choobus.