Old 12-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #31
Francis

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Nothing but a philosophical exercise, which surely no-one takes seriously other than shitlord #1 (*demoted)'s unnamed scientists.

Francis repeats an ancient headline, in a failed attempt to engage with bright people.

We are an illusion only as far as a necessary vehicle for genes.
Incorrect. Respected physicists have raised the issue in all seriousness. Refusal to inquire by you does not change what mainstream science is questioning.

Further, there are actual scientists who have proposed experiments which they believe would reveal if this reality is or is not a simulation. I have difficulty seeing how this could be so, but at least one scientist thinks the hypothesis could be tested.

By the way, I believe that the scientist who I first heard raise this question on an hour long youtube lecture, was himself an atheist. So your attempts to evade this issue, framed insincerely as 'no one cares', is just completely wrong and blunderingly so
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #32
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Do they actually allow fourteen year old boys to post on this forum?
Yes, we do allow you to post your crass stupidity on this forum.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #33
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #34
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Do they actually allow fourteen year old boys to post on this forum?
Why, were you cruising for a new boy friend?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #35
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Incorrect. Respected physicists have raised the issue in all seriousness.
Dissenting scientists aren't automagically credible.

Quote:
Refusal to inquire by you does not change what mainstream science is questioning.
Little point in inquiring until there is evidence!

Quote:
Further, there are actual scientists who have proposed experiments which they believe would reveal if this reality is or is not a simulation. I have difficulty seeing how this could be so, but at least one scientist thinks the hypothesis could be tested.
Since none of us have the wherewithal (or the inclination?) to perform said experiments, we have little choice to wait in anticipation of the results. Of course, it is not uncommon for exotic experiments to give results that provide more questions, rather than answers. There are well credentialed scientists who dispute the distance measurements of pulsars, casting doubt on the incredibly high energy outputs.

Quote:
By the way, I believe that the scientist who I first heard raise this question on an hour long youtube lecture, was himself an atheist. So your attempts to evade this issue, framed insincerely as 'no one cares', is just completely wrong and blunderingly so
THis is so similar to the "who created God" problem. Who created and operates the simulator? What if it is another simulator? Like the Turtle theory, maybe it's simulators all the way down!
Where's my copy of Sim City.....

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #36
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Incorrect. Respected physicists have raised the issue in all seriousness. Refusal to inquire by you does not change what mainstream science is questioning.

Another underhand try by the Frantard to increase the minuscule odds of a fat controller.

You have no interest in the subject Shitlord, nor understanding, except to serve your mendacious purpose.

Your still unnamed sources are laughing up their collective sleeves at you & your like, I've seen them on you tube.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #37
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
That's the one.

By coincidence we watched a movie called 'The Thirteenth Floor' last friday, have you seen it? Is there any significance to the number thirteen in the title? It could actually be like a, clock face in a 2D universe, where #13 is beyond the clock.
The clockmaker if you will.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #38
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
That's the one.

By coincidence we watched a movie called 'The Thirteenth Floor' last friday, have you seen it? Is there any significance to the number thirteen in the title? It could actually be like a, clock face in a 2D universe, where #13 is beyond the clock.
The clockmaker if you will.
Haven't seen it - sounds like fun! Will search on the Net and Roku.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #39
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I've heard that a lot of buildings especially hotels don't have a 13th floor. I don't think it happens in Australia though.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #40
Francis

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

THis is so similar to the "who created God" problem. Who created and operates the simulator? What if it is another simulator? Like the Turtle theory, maybe it's simulators all the way down!
Incorrect. I am not trying to establish a creator in the form of a nerdy extraterrestrial programmer. I am merely casting doubt upon science and proof. If it is all rigged, then what you rely on - proof - is also an illusion.

That's my point. Please refrain from falsely attributing statements or motives to me. I will freely state them if asked.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:30 AM   #41
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Heh Francis, did you ever try any of calpurnpiso's reality tests from a while back?

Did you bump your head?

Old 12-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #42
Kate

Old 12-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #43
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Incorrect. I am not trying to establish a creator in the form of a nerdy extraterrestrial programmer. I am merely casting doubt upon science and proof.
Why? Do you go around spraying the ocean with water to make sure it's wet? There is already doubt in scientific discovery... the problem you have to defeat, is that even with doubt, science is getting shit done. Even without 100% certainty, science is way better than other method at determining reality.

Quote:
Francis wrote
If it is all rigged, then what you rely on - proof - is also an illusion.
Doesn't matter.

Quote:
Francis wrote
That's my point. Please refrain from falsely attributing statements or motives to me. I will freely state them if asked.
He didn't attribute statements or motives to you, he pointed out the glaring problems with your statements that you should be embarrassed about.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #44
Kate

Old 12-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #45
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I still can't comprehend fully how people believe if they disprove one thing then the other must be true. What one dimensional deluded thought processes riddled with dishonesty must pass through their handful of brain cells.

Francis said:
I am merely casting doubt upon science and proof. If it is all rigged, then what you rely on - proof - is also an illusion.

So you're trying to establish that proof is equally as unreliable as belief? Therefore truths people know that are evidence and fact based, rather than conjecture and guesswork, are equally as likely to be wrong, and as such, equally as retarded and pointless as a blind faith viewpoint?

This is of course only relevant if we do all in fact live in a giant fucking simulation, which I haven't seen any evidence for, and seems to be purely an idea plucked from someones ass. I had several similar ones in my youth when my brain was under the influence of chemical substances.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote