Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
LaVey

a little jumpy

new member here....seems i'm quick to ire

a little info as to why i'm here...i belonged for a long while to a motorcycle forum that has recently been hijacked by a few fundamentalist christians and the subsequent influx of charity prayers.

I have no stomach for that and sought refuge with what i hope to be an intellegent group of free thinkers.

I'll try to soothe my vexation and hopefully not throw stones unneccessarily as i've already managed to do.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
psychodiva
I Live Here

welcome

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Just make sure your foxhole is appropriately adorned, and it may work out.

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with dirtbike racing safety guy, VonCullen. He is a splendid target. Shows an ass so huge we can all take shots!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Welcome!

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
LaVey wrote View Post
...i belonged for a long while to a motorcycle forum that has recently been hijacked by a few fundamentalist christians and the subsequent influx of charity prayers.
Sportbike or Harley?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
LaVey

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
Sportbike or Harley?
sportbike, 08 hayabusa.

I like harleys but I don't have the funds to justify one as of yet. I HAVE thought about getting a suzuki m109r2 though...she's a beaut!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
LaVey wrote View Post
sportbike, 08 hayabusa.

I like harleys but I don't have the funds to justify one as of yet. I HAVE thought about getting a suzuki m109r2 though...she's a beaut!
Yeah, but there's nothing like accelerating out of a sweeper at 130, something a Harley will do right before it kills you for being stupid enough to try that on a Harley.

Sportbike rider here... I'm between Ninjas.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
LaVey

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
Yeah, but there's nothing like accelerating out of a sweeper at 130, something a Harley will do right before it kills you for being stupid enough to try that on a Harley.

Sportbike rider here... I'm between Ninjas.
i'm thinking of a ninja as a track bike...either a ninja or an r1
Old 01-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
Eva
Super Moderator

welcome to our humble forum, la...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
LaVey wrote View Post
new member here....seems i'm quick to ire

a little info as to why i'm here...i belonged for a long while to a motorcycle forum that has recently been hijacked by a few fundamentalist christians and the subsequent influx of charity prayers.

I have no stomach for that and sought refuge with what i hope to be an intellegent group of free thinkers.

I'll try to soothe my vexation and hopefully not throw stones unneccessarily as i've already managed to do.
Welcome to our forum of mentally healthy folks aka atheists. Oh...don't worry about throwing stones...we heave boulders around here to "Ecrasez L'Infame" ( crush the infamous aka Christ-psychotics..

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote