Old 02-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #2071
Eva
Super Moderator

good idea, prof!

bof: do NOT post that letter here. thanks in advance.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #2072
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Any more support/objections/other contenders?
If not, I suggest our Senior Shitlord Scribe (that's you P. Boid) does what he does with his proven finesse.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #2073
psychodiva
I Live Here

Candidate for Shitlord ?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #2074
psychodiva
I Live Here

did that git Cardinal O'Connor ever get the award?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #2075
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
did that git Cardinal O'Connor ever get the award?
The answer to that can be found right here (it appears that the answer is no).

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #2076
psychodiva
I Live Here

DOH! thanks

Well I would liek to propose that he have the honour bestowed upon him

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/re..._priests.shtml

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle835213.ece

and it would set the balance back were this to happen

Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #2077
Tenspace
I Live Here

I think I found a new contestant for SLOTW!

Meet Dave Schultheis. He's a Colorado Springs Republican senator who values Biblical interpretations and right-wing philosophy over human life. His favorite color is red, and he likes long walks on the beach.

...Schultheis said he'd rather that HIV-positive women did pass the deadly virus onto their children, so that their suffering would remind society about the dangers of sexual promiscuity. "This stems from sexual promiscuity for the most part and I just can't go there," he was quoted as saying. "We do things continually to remove the consequences of poor behavior, unacceptable behavior, quite frankly.

"What I'm hoping is that, yes, that person may have AIDS, have it seriously as a baby and when they grow up, but the mother will begin to feel guilt as a result of that," he continued. "The family will see the negative consequences of that promiscuity and it may make a number of people over the coming years begin to realize that there are negative consequences and maybe they should adjust their behavior."

He's won Schmuck of the Week from the Denver Westword Blogs. I nominate Dave for Shitlord of the Week. I hope you all agree.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #2078
Eva
Super Moderator

oh my.

this guy is pure, unadulterated, 100%, with 20% more, bang for your buck shit-sucking, dadwanking douchewizard.

edit: to add take this as a yes.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #2079
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Isn't 'Schultheis' Klingon for 'Shitlord'?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #2080
Tenspace
I Live Here

He's ten pounds of shitlord in a five pound bag.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #2081
Choobus
I Live Here

didn't we crown Palin SLOTY 08? It's not on the front page.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #2082
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Doesn't SLOTY have its own thread?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #2083
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
I think I found a new contestant for SLOTW!

Meet Dave Schultheis. He's a Colorado Springs Republican senator who values Biblical interpretations and right-wing philosophy over human life. His favorite color is red, and he likes long walks on the beach.

...Schultheis said he'd rather that HIV-positive women did pass the deadly virus onto their children, so that their suffering would remind society about the dangers of sexual promiscuity. "This stems from sexual promiscuity for the most part and I just can't go there," he was quoted as saying. "We do things continually to remove the consequences of poor behavior, unacceptable behavior, quite frankly.

"What I'm hoping is that, yes, that person may have AIDS, have it seriously as a baby and when they grow up, but the mother will begin to feel guilt as a result of that," he continued. "The family will see the negative consequences of that promiscuity and it may make a number of people over the coming years begin to realize that there are negative consequences and maybe they should adjust their behavior."

He's won Schmuck of the Week from the Denver Westword Blogs. I nominate Dave for Shitlord of the Week. I hope you all agree.
This (Schultheis' "reasoning") has the taint of feeding Christians to the lions in an attempt to show Christologists (still love that word) that their invisible god ain't gonna save them from imminent harm. Didn't work 2,000 years ago, did it?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #2084
Eva
Super Moderator

has the ex raving atheist been nominated yet?

H. L. Mencken
Old 03-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #2085
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I hereby nominate Don McLeroy, head of the Texas Board of Education, and Young Earth Creationist who wishes to teach young Texans that they dint cum frum no munkees!

(Phrum Pharyngula)

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote