Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #16
snap crafter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Man, I hope she was cute, cause she sure was stooooopid.
Right on both accounts, if only she wasn't such a fuggin' scenester.

Quote:
He probably shouldn't have snorted so much cocaine either.
He snorted it in small increments, never suffered any ill-effects, didn't even become addicted. His wife however was a crackhead. Don't blame the cocaine man, he thought it had 'medicinal properties'.

This was what I was hopin' for! Some nice discussin' about Frued, he's a personal hero of mine. His only really off thoughts seem to be about psychosexuality, but I believe even this was thought because he knew that events in our childhood affect the outcome of our mature lives. Such Fun!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #17
darwinfish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
sorry man but of all the psych and neuropsych classes I've taken, Freud gets little more than a mention. My dissapointment in Freud comes from this fucking book I bought for my mom (super-catholic) which was supposed to compare CS.Lewis to Freud and either the author was really biased (although he seemed even-handed) or Freud sucked at arguing for atheism. I probably should have read it before giving it to her.

any suggestions for a good atheist book?

you guys ever read the letters between Freud and Jung?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #18
snap crafter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
darwinfish wrote
sorry man but of all the psych and neuropsych classes I've taken, Freud gets little more than a mention. My dissapointment in Freud comes from this fucking book I bought for my mom (super-catholic) which was supposed to compare CS.Lewis to Freud and either the author was really biased (although he seemed even-handed) or Freud sucked at arguing for atheism. I probably should have read it before giving it to her.

any suggestions for a good atheist book?

you guys ever read the letters between Freud and Jung?
I saw that book, and given that I don't think Ol' Lewis ever talked to Frued, I didn't feel it worth the time to read it. And since Frued was all about figuring out why we do the things we do, I doubt he cared very much about disbelief. He tried to be a scientist I think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:20 AM   #19
Gnosital
still unsmited
 
Gnosital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,661
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
GRATIAS TIBI AGO!!!!! Thank you. Thank you,!!! that's exactly what I was trying to say..but YOU are the expert and the authority since this is your field.
De nada, Cal. Now about that really disturbing avatar........ it's giving me some really disturbing flashbacks.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #20
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator
 
Philboid Studge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beastly Muck
Posts: 13,136
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
Sorry Cal, Freud's been discredited. No one really buys into psychotherapy anymore.
Horse Hockey! Just to add to what scathach already said, Freud is definitely enjoying a renaissance in psych circles. Mark Solms wrote an article delineating how and why, and it made it into this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #21
calpurnpiso
I Live Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chandler- Arizona
Posts: 14,227
Quote:
scathach wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
GRATIAS TIBI AGO!!!!! Thank you. Thank you,!!! that's exactly what I was trying to say..but YOU are the expert and the authority since this is your field.
De nada, Cal. Now about that really disturbing avatar........ it's giving me some really disturbing flashbacks.
LOL........well, I'll change it. When my friend's lady gave birth to his son I video and took pictures of the birth...after I performed the costumary Flamen Dialis ceremony of blessing her belly ( I'm an atheist, but religious psychosis can be use to stimulate the mind and unite humans in a delusional communion...just like seen a movie..:))
I wish video existed back in 1942 and my dad had video my birth!....This act gave me tremendous respect for motherhood. It should be a LAW that every person when turning 18 years old MUST see the birth of a human being. I think crime would decrease. It is the most amazing event ever!! I almost became an empath while videoing the event. I suggested the placenta could be eaten ceremoniously after been properly prepared ( adding some peganum harmala to induce religious psychosis imagery )....but the nurses looked at me as if I had lost my mind!!..the nerve!!..geeh......

While looking at the "Empty Cave/Tomb" I went back in time to February of 1942 imagening my fish days when I swim in the ammiotic sea where peace, calm, serenity and a brand new biological computer were ready to be disturbed violently by the expulsion from this "ocean paradise". This traumatic experience when we begin to realize we are under a terminal disease called life is, IMHO, what causes depression, anguish, fear, and religious-psychosis. One doesn't have to have Freud's brain to realize it!!...:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #22
calpurnpiso
I Live Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chandler- Arizona
Posts: 14,227
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
Sorry Cal, Freud's been discredited. No one really buys into psychotherapy anymore.
Horse Hockey! Just to add to what scathach already said, Freud is definitely enjoying a renaissance in psych circles. Mark Solms wrote an article delineating how and why, and it made it into this.
Thank you for the site. What's wrong with Rhino?....is he following the traditions of the readers of Only One Book refusing to learn about neurology from TRUE mentally healthy scientists?....hmmm...is christ-psychosis contagion infecting his brain?..:lol:
Freud, and Darwin ideas, could be compared with wine, the older they get, the better they taste........:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #23
myst7426
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
scathach wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
GRATIAS TIBI AGO!!!!! Thank you. Thank you,!!! that's exactly what I was trying to say..but YOU are the expert and the authority since this is your field.
De nada, Cal. Now about that really disturbing avatar........ it's giving me some really disturbing flashbacks.
LOL........well, I'll change it. When my friend's lady gave birth to his son I video and took pictures of the birth...after I performed the costumary Flamen Dialis ceremony of blessing her belly ( I'm an atheist, but religious psychosis can be use to stimulate the mind and unite humans in a delusional communion...just like seen a movie..:))
I wish video existed back in 1942 and my dad had video my birth!....This act gave me tremendous respect for motherhood. It should be a LAW that every person when turning 18 years old MUST see the birth of a human being. I think crime would decrease. It is the most amazing event ever!! I almost became an empath while videoing the event. I suggested the placenta could be eaten ceremoniously after been properly prepared ( adding some peganum harmala to induce religious psychosis imagery )....but the nurses looked at me as if I had lost my mind!!..the nerve!!..geeh......

While looking at the "Empty Cave/Tomb" I went back in time to February of 1942 imagening my fish days when I swim in the ammiotic sea where peace, calm, serenity and a brand new biological computer were ready to be disturbed violently by the expulsion from this "ocean paradise". This traumatic experience when we begin to realize we are under a terminal disease called life is, IMHO, what causes depression, anguish, fear, and religious-psychosis. One doesn't have to have Freud's brain to realize it!!...:lol:
I watched a video of a birth in highschool in my Health class.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
calpurnpiso
I Live Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chandler- Arizona
Posts: 14,227
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
scathach wrote
De nada, Cal. Now about that really disturbing avatar........ it's giving me some really disturbing flashbacks.
LOL........well, I'll change it. When my friend's lady gave birth to his son I video and took pictures of the birth...after I performed the costumary Flamen Dialis ceremony of blessing her belly ( I'm an atheist, but religious psychosis can be use to stimulate the mind and unite humans in a delusional communion...just like seen a movie..:))
I wish video existed back in 1942 and my dad had video my birth!....This act gave me tremendous respect for motherhood. It should be a LAW that every person when turning 18 years old MUST see the birth of a human being. I think crime would decrease. It is the most amazing event ever!! I almost became an empath while videoing the event. I suggested the placenta could be eaten ceremoniously after been properly prepared ( adding some peganum harmala to induce religious psychosis imagery )....but the nurses looked at me as if I had lost my mind!!..the nerve!!..geeh......

While looking at the "Empty Cave/Tomb" I went back in time to February of 1942 imagening my fish days when I swim in the ammiotic sea where peace, calm, serenity and a brand new biological computer were ready to be disturbed violently by the expulsion from this "ocean paradise". This traumatic experience when we begin to realize we are under a terminal disease called life is, IMHO, what causes depression, anguish, fear, and religious-psychosis. One doesn't have to have Freud's brain to realize it!!...:lol:
I watched a video of a birth in highschool in my Health class.
Well, it is not the same. I had seen many births on the Discovery channel but actually I had seen nothing, till I experienced the whole thing live!. It is amazing. The smells, the action, the wind, the sounds, the sight, the lighting, the ambiance feelings, the pathos, the ebullient happiness, the suspense etc A video can not capture it....:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
Tenspace
I Live Here
 
Tenspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rocky Mountains, USA
Posts: 10,218
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
Sorry Cal, Freud's been discredited. No one really buys into psychotherapy anymore.
Horse Hockey! Just to add to what scathach already said, Freud is definitely enjoying a renaissance in psych circles. Mark Solms wrote an article delineating how and why, and it made it into this.
Thank you for the site. What's wrong with Rhino?....is he following the traditions of the readers of Only One Book refusing to learn about neurology from TRUE mentally healthy scientists?....hmmm...is christ-psychosis contagion infecting his brain?..:lol:
Freud, and Darwin ideas, could be compared with wine, the older they get, the better they taste........:lol:
Cal, Freud's psychotherapy has taken its lumps, as had Freud. Many of his ideas have been discredited.

You should take up study of the newer cognitive disciplines. Here are a couple of recommendations:

The Evolution of Consciousness, by Dr. Robert Ornstein
A Brief Tour of Human Consciousness, by Dr. V.S. Ramachandran

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #26
calpurnpiso
I Live Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chandler- Arizona
Posts: 14,227
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Horse Hockey! Just to add to what scathach already said, Freud is definitely enjoying a renaissance in psych circles. Mark Solms wrote an article delineating how and why, and it made it into this.
Thank you for the site. What's wrong with Rhino?....is he following the traditions of the readers of Only One Book refusing to learn about neurology from TRUE mentally healthy scientists?....hmmm...is christ-psychosis contagion infecting his brain?..:lol:
Freud, and Darwin ideas, could be compared with wine, the older they get, the better they taste........:lol:
Cal, Freud's psychotherapy has taken its lumps, as had Freud. Many of his ideas have been discredited.

You should take up study of the newer cognitive disciplines. Here are a couple of recommendations:

The Evolution of Consciousness, by Dr. Robert Ornstein
A Brief Tour of Human Consciousness, by Dr. V.S. Ramachandran
Thank you. Remember the only thing I'm saying about Freud is that he was ahead of his time, and though incorrect in MANY things, he open the door to the study of the brain and made people aware of it. One must see it in context. One must realize that ideas that have been discredited are the ideas where NEW information has been found. Alas, the man was not a know-it-all. But one must give him credit as an initiator and innovator. His "return to the womb" feeling of mankind has not been disproven as many other of his sexual observations, only the technical aspects have. The brain is as complex as is the universe from which it originated from. Tempus omnia revelat.....:cool:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #27
CavKiller37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
snap crafter wrote
And what do you say to someone who says: "Frued was evil, he was just a persuasive speaker who was trying to subvert our society."
So was Jesus

Edit: Assuming he existed
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2000 - , Raving Atheists [dot] com frequency-supranational frequency-supranational