Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I'm sure Monkey Boy will now see the errors of his ways, what with eggheads tellin' him what to do and all.

Quote:
The frigging eggheads wrote
We are members of the profession that brought nuclear weapons into existence, and we feel strongly that it is our professional duty to contribute our efforts to prevent their misuse,” says Hirsch. "Physicists know best about the devastating effects of the weapons they created, and these eminent physicists speak for thousands of our colleagues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
Choobus
I Live Here

yeah, bush really respects science so this is bound to have a big impact on him.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
Ickybod

If god tells Bush to nuke Iran, then nuking Iran will happen.

And when the consequences come rolling in like a storm cloud, Bush will just shrug it off and say with confidence "We were right to use a nucular attack against Iran, just as were were right to go into Iraq. And you ask me if I could go back and change my mind, would I? Well the answer to that is 'no'."

And his job approval rating after this horrid fiasco is over with will still be at 35% because those remaining 35%, who undoubtably voted for the dumbass, refuse to believe that a christian could be so fucking stupid! Or maybe they don't want to convince themselves that it's partly their fault that the USA has become a shitstain in the underpants of the world.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
StillSurviving

I have to take issue with the line "Physicists know best about the devastating effects of the weapons they created". I don't think that's true at all. They may have the best grasp of the physics related effects, but they probably don't have the best grasp of the biological, political, and environmental effects.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
StillSurviving wrote
I have to take issue with the line "Physicists know best about the devastating effects of the weapons they created". I don't think that's true at all. They may have the best grasp of the physics related effects, but they probably don't have the best grasp of the biological, political, and environmental effects.
Hmm? They said, "effects", not "affects" ;)

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #6
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Hmm? They said, "effects", not "affects" ;)
Isn't that correct?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 04-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
Tenspace
I Live Here

Well, yes, but I was playing off that 'effects' are resultant of the physics, while 'affects' is kind bastardizing the word to specify a noun representing what is affected by the effect.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Well, yes, but I was playing off that 'effects' are resultant of the physics, while 'affects' is kind bastardizing the word to specify a noun representing what is affected by the effect.
what are you, some sort of cunning linguist?

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 04-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #9
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
what are you, some sort of cunning linguist?
Naw, I just like to lick carpet.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 AM   #10
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I guess even the First Monkey is an egghead. Koo-Koo-Kachoo!

(Notice the backup vocals by a group called 'The Real Baby Jesus')

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Choobus
I Live Here

http://wid.ap.org/interactives/emerson.pdf

(this has nothing to do with the topic, other than (false, in this case) republican arrogance.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 04-22-2006, 06:09 AM   #12
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Choobus wrote

(this has nothing to do with the topic, other than (false, in this case) republican arrogance.
"I think you're in asshole" is the correct answer to a 20 Questions game, 'Where am I?'

Innit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote

"I think you're in asshole" is the correct answer to a 20 Questions game, 'Where am I?'

Innit?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

~ Philiboid Studge