Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
kowalskil

A great invention? Too good to be true.

Scientific methodology of validation of claims

Some of you might be interested in an article (about a new invention) I have posted. The link is:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...lee-new-jersey

It is an entry for a writing contest. Please post your comments at their website. Please evaluate this short article; it was written with general public in mind. Feel free to forward the above link to anyone who might be interested.

Thank you in advance,

Ludwik Kowalski
kowalskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Our friends at wiki suggest Rossi may be less than honourable in his activities.
Quote:
In the 1990s he was jailed for environmental crimes and tax fraud, serving time in prison. He was later acquitted.
His waste heat technologies seem impressively useless:
Quote:
He secured a defense contract to evaluate the potential of generating electricity from waste heat by using thermoelectric generators. A demonstration that he conducted at the University of New Hampshire produced 100 volt at 1 ampere (100 watt) during a week. Rossi sent 27 thermoelectric devices for evaluation to the Engineer Research and Development Center; 19 of these did not produce any electricity at all. The remaining units produced less than 1 watt each, instead of the expected 800–1000 watt.
.... and I won't be holding my breath on his E-Cat jobby:
Quote:
The Energy Catalyzer (also called E-Cat) is a supposed cold fusion or Low-Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) heat source.
"until a verifiably objective analysis is conducted by an independent third party that confirms the results match the claims there’s no real news"
Rossi and Focardi are reported to have been unable to find a peer-reviewed scientific journal that would publish their paper describing how they claim the Energy Catalyzer operates. Their paper appears only in Rossi's self-published blog.
Peter Ekström, lecturer at the Department of Nuclear Physics at Lund University in Sweden, concluded in May 2011, "I am convinced that the whole story is one big scam, and that it will be revealed in less than one year."
I do hope your pension fund isn't invested in this magnificent venture.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

.... and he does Colonel Ghadafi impressions in his spare time ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote