Old 12-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Fish Oil (Omega 3 Polyunsaturated) Helps Cure Psychosis !

Quote:
Fish oil in treatment of psychosis is a hot new research topic.

Many scientists are very impressed by what they’re discovering. And you're going to be excited too.

Medline Plus online encyclopedia defines psychosis as a “loss of contact with reality. This typically includes delusions (false ideas about what’s taking place or who one is) and hallucinations (seeing or hearing things which aren’t there).”

Included in the general definition of psychosis are bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, dementia, hallucinations, extreme excitement, unfounded fears, abnormal emotions, illusions, delusions and confusion.

Recent and on-going scientific studies have found major health benefits with fish oil in treatment of psychosis, including bipolar and depression.

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Pan - don't let Cal near this - he'll have a field day !!! :rolleyes:

(I hope)

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Cal...........oil.........................someting fishy...................................... :O

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
skribb

Quote:
Included in the general definition of psychosis are bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, dementia, hallucinations, extreme excitement, unfounded fears, abnormal emotions, illusions, delusions and confusion.
Religioisty in a nutshell. Hah.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
Cthulance

Fish oil at the very least is good for the tentacles.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
Livingstrong

Dr. Perricone, MD also recommends Fish oils, salmon oil, Omega 3 and Vit. E not only for your brain function and stability, but also for your skin. I have been taking all those oils and other vitamins as well for about 6 years already and the results that I have are great. I have so much energy and the skin of my face hardly has any wrinkle at all -and I am 44, going to 45 in four months. Don't have any wrinkles on my hands either.

No wonder I became fully atheist in this period of time, since I've been taking these fabulous oils. They work if take them for long time, and as a life time commitment. Of course we also have to eat well and exercise.

Thanks for the link PanAtheist!
Old 12-23-2006, 06:50 AM   #7
a different tim
Obsessed Member

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote

Quote:

Many scientists are very impressed by what they’re discovering. And you're going to be excited too.

Medline Plus online encyclopedia defines psychosis as a “loss of contact with reality. This typically includes delusions (false ideas about what’s taking place or who one is) and hallucinations (seeing or hearing things which aren’t there).”

Recent and on-going scientific studies have found major health benefits with fish oil in treatment of psychosis, including bipolar and depression.
Says a guy who sells a fish oil supplement.

You may want to look at this. Ben Goldacre rules, and is much funnier than I am.

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:52 AM   #8
a different tim
Obsessed Member

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #9
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
a different tim wrote
Says a guy who sells a fish oil supplement.
If you really used that kind of logic for determining the efficacy/inefficacy of a drugs and food-supplements, you wouldn't be ever using any drugs at all except plants (and mushrooms! etc etc) that grow in the wild, because all prescription drugs are heavily advertised by their makers (if not to you, then to GPs, and the medical profession, and health administrations).

This comment of tim's is but a joke.
Caveat emptor as always - but you've got to look at the experiments and data to determine their efficacy (and whether they are being advertised by their makers or not is really utterly irrelevant).

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
Baphomet

Wouldn't it be ironic if fish oil actually did cure religious psychosis? Of course, it would be ironic because jeus's symbol is a fish.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #11
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote

Quote:

JEEBUS H FUCKING CREPES ON A CRUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When will the insanity end???

This is even more bullshit than the "proof" for reincarnation in that other thread.

This fucking idiot doesn't even even know psychosis from bipolar disorder or depression, apparently has no credentials whatsover, other than "18 years experience" in heath and nutrition! I have a dog that could make the same claim, because she's been alive and healthy and eating for 18 years.

Psychosis (aka schizophrenia, but this chode talks about it like they're 2 different things) occurs at fairly constant rate of 1.5-2% of all populations across the world. If fucking fish oil cured it, then there's be no psychosis in any populace that eats large amounts of fish, and the rates should be far greater where fish is not in the diet. But the rates are consistent world wide over time.

Maybe it has to be Omega 3 Salmon Oil Plus to get any benefits?
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #12
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Dr. Perricone, MD also recommends Fish oils, salmon oil, Omega 3 and Vit. E not only for your brain function and stability, but also for your skin. I have been taking all those oils and other vitamins as well for about 6 years already and the results that I have are great. I have so much energy and the skin of my face hardly has any wrinkle at all -and I am 44, going to 45 in four months. Don't have any wrinkles on my hands either.

No wonder I became fully atheist in this period of time, since I've been taking these fabulous oils. They work if take them for long time, and as a life time commitment. Of course we also have to eat well and exercise.

Thanks for the link PanAtheist!
HC, you know I love ya, but anyone who goes around using a double title, Dr So and So, MD, like this Dr Perricone you mentioned, is trying way too hard to be impressive. It is only appropriate to use either the title (Dr) or the degree credentials (MD), but not both. In my experience, those who use both tend to not know their asses from holes in the ground, but try like hell to appear smarter than everyone else. And correct me if I'm wrong about the training in Mexico, but in the US, research methodology is not a required program in medical school, so MDs don't know how to conduct research. The crucial thing is to be able to design a study that can rule out all other explanations for the observed phenomena, and it isn't an easy thing to design true experiments. MDs simply aren't trained to do it, so I'm always suspicious when they come out with amazing discoveries that no one else has seen before.

Pardon my presumption, but I think that your youthful skin and health are more likely the result of your good genes, and not at all caused by fish oil.

There's nothing wrong with eating fish, it's a good protein source and less fatty than red meat (except it may lack creatine, I think...).

Fish oil, however, is NOT a cure for psychosis. To advertise it as such deserves criminal prosecution.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote