Old 02-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #31
ocmpoma

Xans, you say the creationist model predicts that anyone operating under a model of the universe which has it as very old will encounter stumbling blocks, yes?

I'm curious, where's the stumbling block in this particular example?

I'm also interested in what the young universe model actually predicts (not just "scientists will be incorrect", but an actual prediction of what the universe will be like, not about what scientists will be doing).

Oh, and I wouldn't give much credence to the statement in the Washington Times about the lack of evidence of water being a huge upset. Note that the assertion is the article's author's, not any of the scientists named. And the author works for the Times.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #32
psikeyhackr

cosmo-evolutionists???

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

http://www.geocities.com/lclane2/dover1.html

Morons deserve all of the attacks they can get. It's a dirty job but the scientists can handle it.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #33
RenaissanceMan

This is ridiculous. 'Creation' predicts that the earth is the only planet, period. And that the sun, moon, and stars are lights. The entireity of the universes was created as lights to serve as signs and portense for humans.

A Creationist jumping up and down and pointing at scientists as 'being wrong' when they discover something unexpected is like selling your farm for 2 cents an acre, then yelling "See! I was right! No corn will grow there!" when the new owners discover the biggest gold vein ever found on earth.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #34
Livingstrong

Quote:
GodlessHeathen wrote
Theists should not be allowed to post in the Science forum until they have actually demonstrated that they know something about science.
I absolutely agree!

Theists motherfuckers should be banned from the science section.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #35
Livingstrong

I am so furious at this ridiculous Creationist mentally retarded bastards. Honestly, I wish they just shut up and learn a little for fucking Christ sake.
They are so stupid......
Sometimes I think it's better just let them believe in what ever the hell they want to so they can be pathetic idiots for life.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #36
Livingstrong

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Is Xanny going to post something every time Scientismo-Evolutionists get something "wrong"?
Yes?
Pathetic idiot, man......Yessssss?

Retard!
Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #37
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
What was the creationist prediction on the matter, by the way?
That the universe didn't form/evolve over billions of years and that any attempt to explain the universe in such a way will lead to stumbling block after stumbling block the more we learn. Bring on the new discoveries, creationists welcome it. Let's take a better look at HD.
It would be interesting to see a few stumbling blocks for you in the facts discovered by science. Please list a few specifics.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #38
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ocmpoma wrote
Xans, you say the creationist model predicts that anyone operating under a model of the universe which has it as very old will encounter stumbling blocks, yes?

I'm also interested in what the young universe model actually predicts (not just "scientists will be incorrect", but an actual prediction of what the universe will be like, not about what scientists will be doing).

Oh, and I wouldn't give much credence to the statement in the Washington Times about the lack of evidence of water being a huge upset. Note that the assertion is the article's author's, not any of the scientists named. And the author works for the Times.
According to the media, the smallest bit of new information causes headlines of the form "XXXX found, Scientists Baffled!!!"

You should only get your education in theology from movies by Kirk Cameron or Gary Busey if you insist on finding out about science from the Times, fork riced's aches!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #39
Livingstrong

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
ocmpoma wrote

According to the media, the smallest bit of new information causes headlines of the form "XXXX found, Scientists Baffled!!!"

You should only get your education in theology from movies by Kirk Cameron or Gary Busey if you insist on finding out about science from the Times, fork riced's aches!
:rock:
Old 02-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #40
antix
Obsessed Member

Oh, man. Don't you all get it? Xans has us right where he wants us. Scientists found something unexpected. That's it. Game over. Science is finished. There's no possible way they could get out of this jam. So forget the accelorators. Cover up the telescopes. Lock the doors to NASA. Time to go home and read the true account of the universe. You know, the one written by goat-fuckers a few thousand years ago.

Good job Xanny boy. :thumbsup: You and your fellow goat-fuckers win.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #41
Evil_Mage_Ra

The fact that scientists are sometimes surprised should not itself be surprising. After all, we don't know everything there is to know about the Universe.....if we did, scientists would be out of a job!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #42
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
The fact that scientists are sometimes surprised should not itself be surprising. After all, we don't know everything there is to know about the Universe.....if we did, scientists would be out of a job!
now you're catching on. Science is evil and makes god angry (as well as making JEsus cry). Imagine if you asked your dad if he had seen your skateboard, and he told you it was in the garage, but you mustn't look, but you look anyway just to make sure. I think we can all agree that you would deserve to be beaten to within an inch of your life for such impertinence. Well these "scientists" are no different.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #43
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

It's really fun when Christologists apply their own "standards" to science. "Something happened that isn't yet understood! It's all over!" Fraid not, Xans: unexplainable events spell the end of belief, not science. The currently unexplainable only gives science a direction of investigation that leads to answers which aid our understanding of reality. You, on the other hand, would have seen a strike of lightning 30,000 years ago, pointed and demanded, "YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT! GOD DID IT!" Well, no; we can't explain it yet; a little investigation, however, revealed the answer, and it wasn't gods or demons or leprechauns. It was nature.

So calm the fuck down.

The christo-evolutionist model predicted that the earth was 6,000 years old. The cosmological model provided natural, repeatable, verifiable, reliable evidence that debunked the christo-evolutionist model, and demonstrated that the earth is about 4.4 billion years old. Science disproved religion.

Deal with it.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #44
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

Quote:
antix wrote
Oh, man. Don't you all get it? Xans has us right where he wants us. Scientists found something unexpected. That's it. Game over. Science is finished. There's no possible way they could get out of this jam. So forget the accelorators. Cover up the telescopes. Lock the doors to NASA. Time to go home and read the true account of the universe. You know, the one written by goat-fuckers a few thousand years ago.
:lol::lol::lol:
:thumbsup:

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #45
Rat Bastard

Quote:
antix wrote

Good job Xanny boy. :thumbsup: You and your fellow goat-fuckers win.
Just imagine! That one book has it all. Why did I waste my time on all those math and physics books, anyway? We haven't needed a new one for 2000 years. [/sarcasm]