Old 04-14-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

There's been some hand-wringing wankery in liberal circles lately about religion. 'O why can't the left be more 'spiritual'? Yecch.

This particular steaming turd in The Nation penned by a Judeo-Psychotic was so galling I wrote a letter, telling Rabbi Lerner that he forgot to mention the main reason why rational people are 'hostile' to religion in politics: because we think it's a fucking crock of shit.

Quote:
Later, I was pleased to notice that PZ Myers made a similar retort in his blog when he wrote
Here's a simpler explanation: many of us find his ancient tribal superstitions foolish, contradictory, irrelevant, and, well, stupid. We aren't rejecting them because we have leapt onto some other bandwagon for the credulous, but because we don't find him, or Jerry Falwell, or JZ Knight, or LDS President Thomas Monson, or Elizabeth Clare Prophet, or any of the endless chain of religious charlatans who have claimed divine insight, to be at all credible.
Pharyngula's post here.

(Maybe my letters-to-the-editor would stand a better chance of being published if I didn't use phrases like "that circumsizing douche-bag.")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
Cap'n Awesome

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
There's been some hand-wringing wankery in liberal circles lately about religion. 'O why can't the left be more 'spiritual'? Yecch.

This particular steaming turd in The Nation penned by a Judeo-Psychotic was so galling I wrote a letter, telling Rabbi Lerner that he forgot to mention the main reason why rational people are 'hostile' to religion in politics: because we think it's a fucking crock of shit.

Quote:
Later, I was pleased to notice that PZ Myers made a similar retort in his blog when he wrote
Here's a simpler explanation: many of us find his ancient tribal superstitions foolish, contradictory, irrelevant, and, well, stupid. We aren't rejecting them because we have leapt onto some other bandwagon for the credulous, but because we don't find him, or Jerry Falwell, or JZ Knight, or LDS President Thomas Monson, or Elizabeth Clare Prophet, or any of the endless chain of religious charlatans who have claimed divine insight, to be at all credible.
Pharyngula's post here.

(Maybe my letters-to-the-editor would stand a better chance of being published if I didn't use phrases like "that circumsizing douche-bag.")
Phil, the left has always had it's share of religious people. NPR is basically one long advertisement for liberal christianity. Ever hear of Jesse Jackson? Black Southerners aren't Republicans, and the Northeast is more Catholic then anywhere. The Senate Democrats don't have a single open Atheist, 43 Christians and 1 Jew. The left has always had it's share of religious or 'spiritual' people. Anyone who thinks that the left in the United States, specifically the Democratic party is the 'party of Atheism' is dead wrong.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:54 AM   #3
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I know, Cap'n. The psychoses affects the whole damn magilla, left and right. But just FYI, I don't consider Democrats 'The Left,' not more than a handful of them anyway. (And Jesse Jackson is an embarassment waiting to happen.) I don't really make much of a distinction between Dems and Repubs, generally speaking. You could count the true liberals in the Democratic party on one hand (you notice how popular Feingold's call for censure was among 'liberal' Dems?) I suppose we could generalize and say the Repubs have more of that Ol Time Religion, whereas Dems have a bigger dose of New Age hooey, (with Catholicism spread like manure over both parties).

But The Nation is a leftist newspaper, and it was dispiriting to see such horseshit given print space. (Believe me, not the first time I've been disappointed by The Nation.)

Anyway, you're right. Everybody's cuckoo bananas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Silentknight

I hate it when the dems sell out and try to appeal to the religious sheep who would normally vote republican anyway. They usually make a big deal about how the word "liberal" gets used pejoratively, yet they have the same gut reaction as conservatives to being labeled "atheists". Faith is not a virtue, Christianity does not have a monopoly on spiritual matters, and playing the Jesus card is pandering in the purest sense regardless of who does it.

If the left is accused of being secular or atheist, I don't see why they don't just run with it. A number of good arguments could be made from that stance: they're less likely to abuse religion or force their convictions on others, they're less likely to turn their religious views into everyone's laws, and they're more likely to tolerate and accept people from diverse backgrounds. Christians need to be reminded that separation of church and state was originally implemented for their sake (to keep the various denominations off each others' throats) and that it is precisely what has allowed the religion to become so influential in the US.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
Swk6

It kills me that the republican party has become the "party of god". It has now left me with no hope for any candidate I can support come election time. I mean, I will probably vote Libertarian but quite frankly they have no chance of winning. The only hope I see for the republicans is if somehow Giuliani breaks through with the nomination. Though he's not an atheist (at least not publicly), he's about the closest thing from that party. I'm afraid it's going to be a sad lifetime for atheists as all parties pander to the god idiots.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #6
Cap'n Awesome

Quote:
I suppose we could generalize and say the Repubs have more of that Ol Time Religion, whereas Dems have a bigger dose of New Age hooey, (with Catholicism spread like manure over both parties).
A more accurate statement was never said.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
antix
Obsessed Member

If only more closet atheists/agnostics would come out of their shell- wether republican or democrat. Surely there must be at least a few. But no. They keep their heads up the asses of the x-psychotics just because they're scared to stir up a shit-storm. (Can't talk negetively about the invisible sky-fairy because someone might get their poor little feelings hurt) This is a shit-storm, IMHO, that needs to be stirred on a political level. But we get a bunch of pussies that instead fall right in with the god-idiots. Is there any hope at all that this trend could reverse itself?
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #8
Swk6

That reminds me. I was at a bar on "Good Friday" with a buddy. There was an older couple eating at the bar and I was standing there drinking. The bartender said something about having a happy good friday to the old couple. I made a comment saying, "Yeah, it's great to be out celebrating the nailing and torture and beating of our lord jesus christ!" Needless to say, I got some pretty dirty looks. I smiled inside though.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #9
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
Swk6 wrote
That reminds me. I was at a bar on "Good Friday" with a buddy. There was an older couple eating at the bar and I was standing there drinking. The bartender said something about having a happy good friday to the old couple. I made a comment saying, "Yeah, it's great to be out celebrating the nailing and torture and beating of our lord jesus christ!" Needless to say, I got some pretty dirty looks. I smiled inside though.
I was depositing my paycheck on Good Friday (no bloody auto-deposit for me, argh), and the teller asked me what my plans were for Easter. I told her I don't celebrate Easter. She looked shocked, and asked why not. I told her I wasn't Christian, so the holiday didn't mean anything to me. She became visibly upset, and tersely finished my transaction. As I was walking off, I wished her a good weekend, and she replied, a bit loudly, "Have a good EASTER". All I could do was laugh. This is such a white-bread Lutheran community that people are just dumbfounded when they find out someone is not a Christian.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
LEToxin

To tag along the easter story line, a buddy of mine at work asked me what I was doing w/ my kids for easter, I told him that I don't believe in that stuff, he was stunned, he looked at me and with all seriousness, he said, "you don't believe in jesus christ, our savior?"and then said "you atleast let your kids go to church, right?", I laughed and told him that if I don't go, why in the hell would I let my young kids go? He emailed me later and told me that he would pray for me...

Fucking zombie....

Ezekiel 23:20 (New Living Translation)
20 She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse.
LEToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #11
MindOfMyOwn

I'm not defending the way you were reacted to, I actually find it funny but it can be shocking to a believer to learn someone doesn't believe in anything - I was always of the thought that everyone believed in something whatever it may be.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #12
Swk6

Yeah, this girl I've been sleeping with for sometime...kind of a booty call....always says she's going to pray for me too. I don't bring up the fact that she's being a hypocrite. I mean, I don't want to stop the tap from running.

A month or two ago I was at the bar. This couple was in with the group I was with. They were talking about how they had met with a Pastor earlier that day. He is going to be doing their upcoming wedding. The guy made a comment that he was a little out there. I made the comment, "what gave that away? could it be the fact that he believes in a little invisible man in the sky?" I have never received such a dirty look from the bride to be. I found out after that she is very devout. Chalk up another one.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #13
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Swk6 wrote
Yeah, this girl I've been sleeping with for sometime...kind of a booty call....always says she's going to pray for me too. I don't bring up the fact that she's being a hypocrite. I mean, I don't want to stop the tap from running.

A month or two ago I was at the bar. This couple was in with the group I was with. They were talking about how they had met with a Pastor earlier that day. He is going to be doing their upcoming wedding. The guy made a comment that he was a little out there. I made the comment, "what gave that away? could it be the fact that he believes in a little invisible man in the sky?" I have never received such a dirty look from the bride to be. I found out after that she is very devout. Chalk up another one.
Hmm..you must realize that Christ-psychosis infected girls are AWESOME in bed!!..they are starving to receive penis Christ and all of its blessings. One must SHUT UP and become raptured with the invisible friend while enjoying the body of the christ-psychotic. One must talk about Jesus while copulating, inserting the words: Ohh, Lord, bless be thy carnal enjoyment reward to all of us that believe in you.....Ohh..more...deeper.....Yes oh lord, thanks for these blessing......I love you..OHHH my god...OHHH yes, oh yes....Praise by thy name of Jesus, and thank you lord for this pious saved woman......OHHH, more more deeper....etc.

It is importan to blend with the Christ-psychotics pretending to be one of them so one can use their bodies for our libidinal appeasement. Christ-psychotics are soooo ignorant, gullible and sexually starving that to seduce them is sooo EASY, it is liketaking candy from a child or mentally retarded person...well, in a way, Christians are mentally retarded due to their neurological afliction.

Sometimes I feel guilty to have seduce them...bu hey, they are adults and Fibonacci integrated so my penis Christ feels compel to touch their 'souls" and witness to their recondite pleasure producing centers.

Christ-psychotics people are no sexual challenge...they are soooo easy to get. I had tons of them been visited by my penis-christ. Each one of them having been blessed by this creator magic wand accepting it as their lord and their savior from libidinal enslaving satan.......:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #14
miata

I cannot accept that people are so out of touch that they can swallow this rapture bull. I appreciate all who will expose it here and any other publication.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:05 PM   #15
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
miata wrote
I cannot accept that people are so out of touch that they can swallow this rapture bull. I appreciate all who will expose it here and any other publication.
The samething can be said of those people suffering from schizophrenia and TLE. Rapture is NOTHING for them, they can swallow even less irrational fantasies than to those infected with religious-psychosis!.....but nobody seems to realize how INSANE Christians are. They give mental illness faith, rationality and a new definition, mental health Christian piety!!..:lol:..they belong you know where!.....

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote