Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
reconciled

The way I see it, if the God of the bible is real He could work miracles. I am tired of going back and forth with my beliefs. I want to know the truth and I want to know it today.

If God is real He could cause ghoulslime and choobus to know He exists, convert them to christians and give a testimony of Himself, this would settled it in my mind that God was real. Thomas in the bible got his proof, I want proof also.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Baphomet

what kind of proof do you want?

Also from which god would you like your proof? Choose wisely, after all, Yahweh is a desert war god who is bloodthirsty and demands total loyalty. Gods like Thoth or Odin don't deman as much...
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #3
reconciled

Quote:
Baphomet wrote
what kind of proof do you want?

Also from which god would you like your proof? Choose wisely, after all, Yahweh is a desert war god who is bloodthirsty and demands total loyalty. Gods like Thoth or Odin don't deman as much...
I want to see ghoulslime and choobus become christians and give a testimony to us all by becoming the very thing they are against, that would be proof to me.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Baphomet

I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
a different tim
Obsessed Member

Quote:
reconciled wrote
The way I see it, if the God of the bible is real He could work miracles. I am tired of going back and forth with my beliefs. I want to know the truth and I want to know it today.

If God is real He could cause ghoulslime and choobus to know He exists, convert them to christians and give a testimony of Himself, this would settled it in my mind that God was real. Thomas in the bible got his proof, I want proof also.
Convert two, get one free.

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #6
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I'm in. If Gawd Almighty reveals or 'exposes' Himself to Choobus and Ghoulslime, I'll convert too. And I want a full, luxurious conversion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #7
Down21

Quote:
reconciled wrote

You can wait all you want for proof of god...it's never going to come. Why not study the mounting evidence provided by science. If proof of god comes along then you can praise the lord for proving himself (Ill even join in).What was so special about Thomas, that he got proof? In a classic mind virus mutation religion says something like " blessed are those that dont need this proof". ..blind faith being praised by the virus.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #8
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Recon. What do you mean by being a "god schizophrenic?"

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #9
reconciled

Quote:
The Judge wrote
You must have missed my every other day beliefs. One day I was sure God was real the next I was sure I was an theist. I felt myself slipping back there again so I decided, if Thomas of the bible could have proof then so can I. God will show me if He is real.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #10
Lurker

Considering that 'we're all born atheists' is seems that every believer is a choobus or ghoulslime of a different name. The list of former atheists is seemingly endless.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #11
reconciled

Quote:
lurker wrote
Considering that 'we're all born atheists' is seems that every believer is a choobus or ghoulslime of a different name. The list of former atheists is seemingly endless.
The difference will be that they will convert today, both of them if God wants me to have proof of Himself. Thomas got proof when he asked for it and he supposedly walked with jesus.

If God is real and doesn't cause them to convert and give proof of Himself and then asks me at judgement: "why did you not just believe in me?" I will reply: "All of the people I had contact with on your world could not agree with who you are and what you wanted, so I asked for proof that you, the God of the bible, existed and you gave no answer, so what could I do being just a lowly human who grew weary from trying to find the truth, but go about my business and live my life asuuming that you did not exist and stop wasting so much time trying to find you"
Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #12
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
reconciled wrote
Quote:
The Judge wrote
You must have missed my every other day beliefs. One day I was sure God was real the next I was sure I was an theist. I felt myself slipping back there again so I decided, if Thomas of the bible could have proof then so can I. God will show me if He is real.
I can relate to that. I had a tough time when I lost my faith and I oscilated between arguing against the existence of god and wanting to believe in him. I am 'reconciled' now (as I can see you wish to be), though to sit firmly on one side of the fence takes courage.

Looking at the number of your posts, you've been around here longer than I have, so you must be familiar with some of the arguments against the existence of god, yet I can see how these may be at odds with what I like to think of as (wo)man's paradoxical spiritual nature.

History shows us that religion / spirituality has beena part of human existence since time in memorial, in fact there is more modern evidence to suggest an evolutionary advantages psychological capacity for religiousity in humankind. However, here in lies the paradox: man appears to have an innate need for a spiritual dimnsion, yet has evolved into a highly intelligent life form capable of logical analysis, deductive reasoning and self analysis. These endevours lead inexorably to the conclsion that no "god," as defined by any religion to date, can possibly exist. (For an example of this check out the useful "basic Asssumptions" link on the hiome page here on the impossibility of a christian god).

However, where does this leave you? Essentially, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place because you have this spiritual need or yearning, but you knwo too much to be able to express it in conventional religious ways because you can see the flaws and the hypocracies evident in traditional teachings.

All I can suggest is that you have the courage of your convictions to seek out an alternative expression of your spiritual need because you are not going to get the answers or the proof you need from religion unless it can satisfactorily appease your quest for answers. Most religions are neatly circular in their thinking e.g. "believe in me, but don't ask me to prove myself, as I function on faith alone. If you do ask then this is sinful and you'll burn for it!"

Some people paint, others study a martial art, some get lost in music, some just sit quietly and think or meditate. I encourage you to try and look elsewhere for some answers until you are confident enough to make up your mind.

Hope this helped some. Let me know how you get on.

ATB

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:16 PM   #13
reconciled

Quote:
The Judge wrote
Quote:
reconciled wrote
Quote:
The Judge wrote
I can relate to that. I had a tough time when I lost my faith and I oscilated between arguing against the existence of god and wanting to believe in him. I am 'reconciled' now (as I can see you wish to be), though to sit firmly on one side of the fence takes courage.

Looking at the number of your posts, you've been around here longer than I have, so you must be familiar with some of the arguments against the existence of god, yet I can see how these may be at odds with what I like to think of as (wo)man's paradoxical spiritual nature.

History shows us that religion / spirituality has beena part of human existence since time in memorial, in fact there is more modern evidence to suggest an evolutionary advantages psychological capacity for religiousity in humankind. However, here in lies the paradox: man appears to have an innate need for a spiritual dimnsion, yet has evolved into a highly intelligent life form capable of logical analysis, deductive reasoning and self analysis. These endevours lead inexorably to the conclsion that no "god," as defined by any religion to date, can possibly exist. (For an example of this check out the useful "basic Asssumptions" link on the hiome page here on the impossibility of a christian god).

However, where does this leave you? Essentially, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place because you have this spiritual need or yearning, but you knwo too much to be able to express it in conventional religious ways because you can see the flaws and the hypocracies evident in traditional teachings.

All I can suggest is that you have the courage of your convictions to seek out an alternative expression of your spiritual need because you are not going to get the answers or the proof you need from religion unless it can satisfactorily appease your quest for answers. Most religions are neatly circular in their thinking e.g. "believe in me, but don't ask me to prove myself, as I function on faith alone. If you do ask then this is sinful and you'll burn for it!"

Some people paint, others study a martial art, some get lost in music, some just sit quietly and think or meditate. I encourage you to try and look elsewhere for some answers until you are confident enough to make up your mind.

Hope this helped some. Let me know how you get on.

ATB
There is a lot of wisdom in what you have written here. To take you advice fully I would have to break the addiction of going to forums and reading everyone's beliefs, that will be tough, but for me it might be the best solution---unless a miracle occurs and choobus and ghoulslime convert...that would cause many to believe in God.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 PM   #14
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
lurker wrote
Lurker, may I suggest that you worship my huge throbbing cock? It is far more real than your fictional God, and it has the ability to cause great pain or great pleasure in others, surely a sign of godness. Also, although I have many god-like properties there are some I certainly do not have. FOr one thing, I can assure you that I do on fact exist, and secondly, under ordinary circumstances, if you vex me in some I will not smear feaces on your face, as we know the jeezuz god does when he's in a mood.

While it is true that many young atheists have been brainwashed by older Christ psychotics (and other assorted loons) and become delusional themselves, I would not be too proud of this as a theist. IT is very similar to the way that young children who have been abused have a much higher probability of becoming abusers themselves. IF you left a couple of kids alone on a desert island what are the odds of them spontaneously becoming Christians? Pretty low, even if they had a selection of books, one of which was a bible. Does Jeezuz like Luxury?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
reconciled

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
lurker wrote
Lurker, may I suggest that you worship my huge throbbing cock? It is far more real than your fictional God, and it has the ability to cause great pain or great pleasure in others, surely a sign of godness. Also, although I have many god-like properties there are some I certainly do not have. FOr one thing, I can assure you that I do on fact exist, and secondly, under ordinary circumstances, if you vex me in some I will not smear feaces on your face, as we know the jeezuz god does when he's in a mood.

While it is true that many young atheists have been brainwashed by older Christ psychotics (and other assorted loons) and become delusional themselves, I would not be too proud of this as a theist. IT is very similar to the way that young children who have been abused have a much higher probability of becoming abusers themselves. IF you left a couple of kids alone on a desert island what are the odds of them spontaneously becoming Christians? Pretty low, even if they had a selection of books, one of which was a bible. Does Jeezuz like Luxury?
Choobus,

It seems the likelyhood of you converting is not very high....this is good, if you convert before the day is over I will know that God did it for sure!