Old 10-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

Crazy Christian Websites

This could become another contest, maybe even with an award for the craziest website each week.

My donation:

Complete with charismatic smiling faces, True Believer(tm) hair, lots of ways to "donate" on the index page, and an unintentionally hilarious review of Bill Maher's new movie, Religulous, I present:

Christian Worldview Network

Did I mention the crappy web page design? They got that, too.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
ghoulslime
I Live Here

"Maher also lies when he says that the virgin birth, life, ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ are just legends that Christians borrowed from earlier pagan religions. This belief, which is often fomented by many atheists and agnostics like Maher and the late Joseph Campbell, has been refuted by many scholars, including J. Gresham Machen, Ron Nash and Walter Burkert. Two new examples Maher cites, the Egyptian god Horus and the Hindu god Krishna, can be refuted easily by reading the basic Hindu and Egyptian stories about them."

Ahahahahaha! Poor stupid Christer!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Tenspace
I Live Here

Please, my British friends, tell me this is satire:

Garvan Ellison

I was going to post an example of his work, but there are so many to choose from. Should you read, "Mighty Row With A Hindoo Woman" first, or maybe, "Is Obama The Antichrist?"

Me, personally, I started with, "Embalming Is Awesome"

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 10-18-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
Please, my British friends, tell me this is satire:

Garvan Ellison

I was going to post an example of his work, but there are so many to choose from. Should you read, "Mighty Row With A Hindoo Woman" first, or maybe, "Is Obama The Antichrist?"

Me, personally, I started with, "Embalming Is Awesome"
Compacted triple self-reference, also awesome!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #5
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Compacted triple self-reference, also awesome!
Thought you'd like it.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
"Maher also lies when he says that the virgin birth, life, ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ are just legends that Christians borrowed from earlier pagan religions. This belief, which is often fomented by many atheists and agnostics like Maher and the late Joseph Campbell, has been refuted by many scholars, including J. Gresham Machen, Ron Nash and Walter Burkert. Two new examples Maher cites, the Egyptian god Horus and the Hindu god Krishna, can be refuted easily by reading the basic Hindu and Egyptian stories about them."

Ahahahahaha! Poor stupid Christer!
The reason this retard speaks is because nobody exposes Christians for the schizophrenia suffering idiots they are. After all, nobody compares the retarded Beliefs of Christianity to those of schizophrenics, drug addicts and the ones of 6 year old children believing Winnie the Poo is real.

This is the problem...but nobody calls them INSANE. I seem to be the only one calling them by their true name, Chris-psychotics.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
assilem

Quote:
As Psalm 14:1 says, “The fool says in his heart there is no God.”
And the wise man shouts it out loud!

The Way of the Master hasn't been mentioned yet? Go see a washed up actor and his new buddy tell you how to bug people so much that they'll convert just to get you to leave them alone! Don't forget your peanut butter and banana sandwich!
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

I'd mention Landover Baptist, but that's obviously satire and I think everyone here has probably seen it.
assilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
Tenspace
I Live Here

We're very familiar with Ray and his banana, and many here have suggested other uses for the banana, many of which I'm sure you can imagine.

For that matter, why didn't Ray use a pineapple as an example? He must not like pineapples.

Then, there's the need to consider that what we know as a banana bears little resemblance to the original fruit, unmodified by artificial selection by humans. The same story could be told of corn, which has its origins as a grass.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
assilem

I remember seeing the banana video and thinking "Does this mean Satan invented the grapefruit?"

What I've noticed about this site is that it seems geared to making money more than soul saving. $99 for a DVD with 13 episodes? I don't think so! Guess residuals from Growing Pains don't pay much. You know Leo is laughing his ass off at this guy.
Check out the tracts:
http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant...e=gospeltracts

What the hell do optical illusions and riddles have to do with God? If anything, an optical illusion can illustrate that there is no God. Vis a vis, you think there's a God, but there isn't.
assilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
Eva
Super Moderator

corn is still a grass...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
corn is still a grass...
But, it is unrecognizable next to the short spindly plant that it came from thanks to human design. Similarly, the modern cow, domesticated and unable to live without the care of humans, bears only a passing resemblance to the Oryx that is its ancestor.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:03 AM   #12
Eva
Super Moderator

::gasp!!::

sterny! i'm so in shock!
i have to correct you in this....

it's aurochs....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #13
Tenspace
I Live Here

More of the crazy:

Jesus Is Savior

Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Oh, looky! The Anti-Christ Slideshow!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #15
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
::gasp!!::

sterny! i'm so in shock!
i have to correct you in this....

it's aurochs....
Please feel free. I don't like being wrong. Apparently the true state of things has overwhelmed me this time. I didn't read it I heard it and it sure sounded like Oryx to me.

At least I was right that a cow and an Oryx bear only distant passing resemblance.