Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
Pahu

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Pahu, is this YOUR position? Or do you just skip around the internet sprinkling random quotes? I'd like to know before I dive in.
I believe what the facts suggest.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
Pahu

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
I would be interested to see the evidence that the very silly individual, who is postulating that life never arises except from life, actually possesses. I welcome any and all data which demonstrates that throughout the universe, this is fact.

There appears to be evidence that life, at least in one instance, arose from the proper chemical combination, and nothing more. This appears at this point to be how life began on our planet. Was there some evidence that something in addition to this naturalistic explanation was required or had a hand in the emergence of life on earth? Let us see the evidence!
The only evidence I am aware of is what is observed, tested, and confirmed. The origin of life fails that test, as I shared.

Quote:
Also, please explain how the initial emergence of life on Earth, regardless of how it transpired, could disprove the empirically-demonstrable fact of Darwinian Evolution?
What empirically-demonstrable fact are you referring to?

Quote:
Might I venture to point out, that the author of this thread is a complete imbecile?
Why do you believe that. Does your accusation include the scientists confirming the conclusions?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #18
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Do you like luxury?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Fuck, we've been rumbled - the natural emergence of life and evilution are obviously bollocks.
I look forward to learning exactly how any of the gods we've created did the deed. My riyals are on Ganesh.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #20
Davin
Obsessed Member

Smellyoldgit, my money (and soul I guess) is on Wodin, that dude is fucking bad ass and the afterlife of drinking, fighting and sex is by far the best I've heard of yet!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #21
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
Pahu, if tomorrow scientists observed the creation of life and recorded it, would you then believe in Evolution? The God of the Gaps is always shrinking.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #22
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Poohu won't believe in anything that suggests his 3-in-1 wonder god might be nothing more than a load of made up shit. But with a truly open mind, I look forward to hearing exactly how his particular flavour of sky-daddy went about the creation thing. (With added interest as to how this super-doody came to be)

I am willing to wager a few shekels on Mbombo.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
Eva
Super Moderator

as a pure blooded puertorrican, i place my bets on TaÃ*no god Yokahú. He made hurricanes, so he MUST be real.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #24
Eva
Super Moderator

but, really, it's funny how believers try to prove their god by using things that have not being scientifically explained. it's a silly thing they do, when they called the unknown god.

however, this pachoo guy ain't doing that. darwinian evolution is a fact, period. but it's understandable....i mean, they do believe in something they can't see, smell, touch, smell...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I can smell it...

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #26
Demigod79

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
Seeing as how 95% - 99% of all scientists believe in the theory of evolution, I would say the facts strongly suggest evolution. Of course there will always be a handful of scientists who go against the grain (this is expected and is actually welcomed in science) but that in no way destroys the credibility of the theory.

I can understand why you think poking holes in evolution will destroy the entire theory, since the bible must be 100% correct in order for it to be the Word of God. Unlike the bible, a scientific theory can be accepted even if it is not 100% correct (in fact, it's this way with every single theory!).

BTW, did you know that one out of every four Evangelical Christian in the US believes evolution to be the best explanation for the origin of life? (source)

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
as a pure blooded puertorrican, i place my bets on TaÃ*no god Yokahú. He made hurricanes, so he MUST be real.
My bet is on Zeus. I think it's 87.83% probably that he struck the primordial soup with a lightning bolt to create the first life. This can be proven by the fact that he is the most powerful of the gods and that he always sends down his bolts with a Purpose. Urey and Miller were really doing homage to Zeus when they did their famous experiment.

Religion - it gives people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Demigod79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
The only evidence I am aware of is what is observed, tested, and confirmed.
So kindly provide us with all of the data that you have collected which demonstrates that:

1. The first living organism on Earth came from another living organism.

2. All living organisms throughout the universe, at all times, always came from another life form.

(Evidence which comes from voices in your head is invalid.)

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
The origin of life fails that test, as I shared.
The only thing that has failed is your brain.

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
What empirically-demonstrable fact are you referring to?
The physical evidence which demonstrates the fact of Evolution is a good start. (You might be able to find some information about Evolution by studying a middle school science book.)

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
Why do you believe that. Does your accusation include the scientists confirming the conclusions?
You have provided more than sufficient evidence for your idiocy thus far. Feel free to add to the data.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
but, really, it's funny how believers try to prove their god by using things that have not being scientifically explained. it's a silly thing they do, when they called the unknown god.

however, this pachoo guy ain't doing that. darwinian evolution is a fact, period. but it's understandable....i mean, they do believe in something they can't see, smell, touch, smell...
Of course, faith tells me that the leprechauns of the gap always are the answer to the things we do not know.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 07-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #29
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Poohu won't believe in anything that suggests his 3-in-1 wonder god might be nothing more than a load of made up shit. But with a truly open mind, I look forward to hearing exactly how his particular flavour of sky-daddy went about the creation thing. (With added interest as to how this super-doody came to be)

I am willing to wager a few shekels on Mbombo.
Poohu discovered evidence of his god last night while digging at his butt crack. Won't you smell the glory?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #30
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
The God of the Gaps is always shrinking.
Yes, but the faith of the foolish is ever growing!