Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #3181
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Heeere's Jonesy! wrote View Post
Well, that's one of the most backwards and absurd statements I've ever heard. How is it that Atheism, which embraces a life not limited by antiquated literature, somehow less conducive to creativity than Christianity?

Jesus may have been a loving individual in your fictional story, but God was a royal shmuck. Sending his only son to die for humanity's salvation? I can't imagine anything more evil or saddistic. Why couldn't he just bake humanity a big salvation cake made with love (and Julia Child's delicious buttercream frosting)?

Toss your bible aside for a few hours and pick up a Stephen King novel. Then and only then will you begin to understand what REAL creativity is.

By the way, your avatar is almost as repulsive as your religion. Feh!
His avatar was specially provided for him by outside forces.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #3182
Heeere's Jonesy!
New Member!

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
His avatar was specially provided for him by outside forces.

Aaaaah, I see! ^^
Heeere's Jonesy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #3183
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Tyler wrote View Post
When I was 16, a good friend of mine died in a car accident with 3 other teenage boys. My friend Anthony had a seperate funeral due to his family being roman catholic, and the preacher man had to state repeatedly that the 3 other deceased boys weren't going to heaven because they weren't catholic, and that we should all be thankful that at least Anthony was. That was the most evil that I have ever been in the presence of, and it makes me very, very happy that Im not a part of it.
That is a real shame what happened to your friends. The RCC Priest was in grave error in asserting you have to be Catholic to be saved from your sins and make it to heaven -- especially coming from a psuedo-christian religion as Roman Catholicism which undermines major biblical doctrine on many counts . The only source that gets a person to Heaven is Jesus alone because it took his shed blood alone to pay for our sins -- all we can do is apply that sacrifice to our sin account by simply believing that his death was totally sufficent. Its not a bunch of religiousity but rather. ... the start of a growing personal relationship with him. Catholicsm is all about doing religion via manmade rituals, attendence in sacramental dispensations , earning your way to heaven, and doing Mass. Its none of those thing....only Jesus and his shed blood. Do you want to be saved from your many accumulated sins ? Then trust in the shed blood of Jesus and nothing else . And , understand that there are toxic churches out there but it doesnt nullify what Jesus did .
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #3184
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

If the only existing original church can be so wrong why should we consider anything that comes after to be true or right. the Catholics made the biblical canon out of a choice of near a hundred different fables about Christ. Do you trust that these men got it right?

I notice you still haven't supplied any evidence for a historical Jesus. Haven't you got any? You highly religious pigfucker.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #3185
Davin
Obsessed Member

Is the faking, dishonest piece of shit Ex, now our new newbie vetting tool?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #3186
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The retarded pig-fucking dolt couldn't vet a wet vindaloo fart - and he probably still hasn't realised that all his posts get shifted to his own little cowcrap playpen. I feel sorry for the pigs.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #3187
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
If the only existing original church can be so wrong why should we consider anything that comes after to be true or right. the Catholics made the biblical canon out of a choice of near a hundred different fables about Christ. Do you trust that these men got it right?

I notice you still haven't supplied any evidence for a historical Jesus. Haven't you got any? You highly religious pigfucker.
You err on a few points here . In order ----

1. The 'only existing original church' were those that the Bible clearly defines : Believers and Followers of Christ everywhere commonly known as the Body of Christ. Its not an Institution and never was .

2. The RCC 'claims' itself to be 'true and right' but on at least 33 different doctrines , it is at great odds with The historic Doctrines found in the Bible . Heres a comparison : http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160cont.asp . Therefore because the RCC doesnt line up with sound biblical teachings , it is in reality an Apostate Institution regardless of what they 'claim' about themselves or what finest of silk garb they dress up in , demanding people bow and kiss the Popes ring, or surround themselves in extreme opulence to impress their misled Followers.

3. It was NOT the RCC that 'chose' the books of the Biblie to be canonized. That is the longest held fallacy to date. It was THE CREATOR himself who desired very certain books of the Bible to be assembled under one cover and there was 5 very distinct and mandatory rules for the selection of them. The RCC simply DISCOVERED which books were inspired by God based on the 5 lines of converging evidence . Because the RCC Apocraphal books didnt meet the stringent qualifications, I therefore do not trust that the RCC got the canon right because they didnt which was the crux of the Protestant Reformation...to bring The Bible back to the only real dependable truth source, to eliminate the many madeup RCC manmade doctrines that crept in over the centuries including the RCC Majesteriom being 'equal' in authority to Gods written Word (the Bible) , and to eliminate following Popes who 'claimed' were the 'Head of the Church' when Jesus himself is and always has been from Heaven in accordance to the Bible itself.

4. I want YOU to show a bit of diligence and will as far as taking a look at the many evidences for Jesus Christ from a historical standpoint which uses the same secular historicity protocol , archeology, and other sciences including but not limited to , the actual burial cloth of Jesus aka : The Shroud of Turin (www.shroud.com) . By YOU showing a bit of effort to obtain the evidence which is available to all, will prove that you no longer hold to a preconcieved bias against Christianity because you find atheism and its lifestyle comfortable and palatable to maintaining at all cost . Let Google be your best Buddy.

5. As to your final sentence, Im not 'religious' ; I just love the Lord Jesus Christ , who he claimed and proved himself to be, enjoy a daily personal relationship with him as he is still alive, and have the real hope and joy of knowing im going to spend an eternity with our incredible awesome personal theistic Creator who has revealed himself in many demonstrable scientific ways .. also available for all who wish to look at the evidence.

5.a. I would never do such deplorable things to a common Pig ; I enjoy a good Ham at Easter time and occasionally eat bacon with my scrambled eggs.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #3188
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

The Shroud of Turin. I suppose all the other relics are real too, which meant jesus must have had 47 toes, ten foreskins and been crucified with about 342 nails. How about just one contemporary witness?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #3189
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

What about all the contradictions in the imaginary jesus words? I can explain them, can you?

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #3190
orangeitis

Fakey is posting claims(for instance, claiming that the Shroud of Turin has anything to do with Jesus Christ). Just claims. Claims, assertions, VERY poor assumptions about fellow board members, and just being disrespectful in general. Why should we listen to that? Nothing he says has any weight.

Christians! Want to convert some atheists? read this!
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #3191
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
The Shroud of Turin. I suppose all the other relics are real too, which meant jesus must have had 47 toes, ten foreskins and been crucified with about 342 nails. How about just one contemporary witness?
Heres a few contemporary witnesses . Some wrote their eye witness account of Jesus being crucified then risen again :

1. Matthew the tax collector
2. Mark
3. Luke , a top grade historian and medical Doctor
4. John, of Jesus' inner circle.
5. Peter, of Jesus' inner circle.
6. Mary , Jesus mother was present.
7. Mary Magdelene was present.
8. The Soldier in charge of the crucifixion declared Jesus to be the Son of God.
9. Paul who later saw the risen Christ .
10 . Over 500 locals who saw the risen Christ . Some touched him. Some ate with him.
11. All of the Jewish Supreme Court members .
12. All of the Roman Soldiers.
13. Simon of Sirene who carried Jesus' cross partway.

Today, if you have just ONE witness , it is often enough for a person to face the death penalty in our Judicial System.

How come you dont want to properly investigate the death and ressurection of Christ ? And, why dont you want a personal theistic Creator to even exist ? Can u please list your answers to these two questions ?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #3192
orangeitis

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Heres a few contemporary witnesses . Some wrote their eye witness account of Jesus being crucified then risen again :

1. Matthew the tax collector
2. Mark
3. Luke , a top grade historian and medical Doctor
4. John, of Jesus' inner circle.
5. Peter, of Jesus' inner circle.
6. Mary , Jesus mother was present.
7. Mary Magdelene was present.
8. The Soldier in charge of the crucifixion declared Jesus to be the Son of God.
9. Paul who later saw the risen Christ .
10 . Over 500 locals who saw the risen Christ . Some touched him. Some ate with him.
11. All of the Jewish Supreme Court members .
12. All of the Roman Soldiers.
13. Simon of Sirene who carried Jesus' cross partway.

Today, if you have just ONE witness , it is often enough for a person to face the death penalty in our Judicial System.

How come you dont want to properly investigate the death and ressurection of Christ ? And, why dont you want a personal theistic Creator to even exist ? Can u please list your answers to these two questions ?
Here's the deal. It don't matter how many eyewitnesses a book claims it has, that don't give any credence to the supernatural claims. Whereas in our judicial system, the person claiming to be a witness isn't claiming to see any supernatural powers. And I'm sure that if they did, they'd need far more evidence than merely their claim.

You had better properly investigate the content of your own claims before asking the opposition to do it.

Last edited by orangeitis; 04-19-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Typoville. Population: Me.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #3193
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
[Ridiculously dishonest and childish post]
D'oh! I almost fell for it, but you'll not troll me with such a weak and dishonest post you lying and pathetically inferior mental retard.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #3194
orangeitis

Awww I got trolled?!? Oh pooey!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #3195
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

These are not witnesses, they are characters in a fairy tale. Name one person who wrote about Jesus that lived at the same time as he was supposed to have lived. You can't. I know because I have done the research.

It is not a matter of not wanting a god. Unlike you I am completely neutral and unbiased, I haven't had my mind clotted with indoctrination about magical beings.
I rely on evidence, something which you or any other theist seems unable to provide. Surprise Surprise!

Go back to fucking pigs. I'm of to have a coffee with my friend, Little Red Riding Hood.